Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Ahmadinejad: Iran now nuclear power
Iranian president: Our scienists have reached zenith, accessed nuclear fuel cycle
Iran is now a "nuclear power," its President, Mahmoud Ahamdinejad, delcared Wednesday, according to the Islamic Republic News Agency .
During a speech delivered in the Western Iranian province of Javanroud, Ahmadinejad said: " The Islamic Republic of Iran is now a nuclear power, thanks to the hard work of the Iranian people and authorities."
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 … 89,00.html

Consider that with this.
Ahmadinejad: Israel, US will vanish
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 … 68,00.html
Ahmadinejad says Israel, US, Britain will vanish – 'this is a divine promise;

That Ahmadinejad is a silly bitch.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
oh no, Iran is YEARS away from reaching any kind of nuclear capability, remember?
Commie Killer
+192|6404

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

oh no, Iran is YEARS away from reaching any kind of nuclear capability, remember?
Didnt someone in the UN say it was more the a decade? Dumb asses.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Commie Killer wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Who do you believe? UN scientist or the guy who says the holocaust never happened..lol, tough choice either way.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
im gonna be pissed off if i get deployed again before i get my associates at least
SenatorMendoza
+7|6505
So what? At least Iran is taking action against climate change, unlike the USA.

Nuclear Weapons? BIG DEAL, the USA has 10,000 nukes.

Threatening to blow up Israel etc... They've always hated Israel but it will never happen.

Lets not bother to rebuild the UK's nuclear weapons. Lets let them rust. Sign the petition: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/trident/

Last edited by SenatorMendoza (2006-12-20 13:11:31)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6566|EUtopia | Austria

Kmarion wrote:

Who do you believe? UN scientist or the guy who says the holocaust never happened..lol, tough choice either way.
Exactly what I thought.
Iranian people wouldn't work without a message of success, I think. But let them be a nucelar super-power.
Shall they drink their oil or do with it whatever they want.
chkr
+2|6410

SenatorMendoza wrote:

Threatening to blow up Israel etc... It will never happen.
it different between civilize world and religious driving madman.....
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

SenatorMendoza wrote:

They've always hated Israel but it will never happen.
right on, we got a psychic posting on this thread.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6595|Florida

Kmarion wrote:

That Ahmadinejad is a silly bitch.
Ha ha ha.
Commie Killer
+192|6404

Kmarion wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Really tough choice, damn, gonna have to think about this for awhile.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6462|The Land of Scott Walker

SenatorMendoza wrote:

Threatening to blow up Israel etc... They've always hated Israel but it will never happen . . .
The US has many nukes, but we haven't used them.  Amedinutjob is crazy enough to pop off a nuke at a nation he's always loathed.
DTAC
+9|6758
I wouldn't be surprised if Iran if not already, has one in the near future, all the while the UN continues to make "threat" after "threat".

SenatorMendoza wrote:

Threatening to blow up Israel etc... They've always hated Israel but it will never happen.
Difference is now they could actually do some damage.

Possible scenario:

1. Iran hits Israel
2. Israel makes moves to hits back
3. The Middle East backs Iran and says any action from Israel will result in "measures"
4. The US backs Israel and effectively says that anyone who reacts against Israel acts against them.

Ahamdinejad would like nothing better than to have the entire Middle East against the US.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Commie Killer wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

There is a bg difference between nuclear weapons and nuclear power. The UN said Iran could not manufacture a nuclear weapon. Nuclear power is not so complicated, it's just a case of boilling water with radiation really. Producing a fission reaction is a lot harder and a fusion reaction is harder still.

Iran being able to produce nuclear energy is a good thing. They seem very keen on it and it will reduce global carbon emissions (though not by much). The Iranians have repeatedly asserted that they are researching nuclear power not nuclear weapons and this development makes that all the more probable. Now that they've actually done it how long do you reckon it'll be before some European state decides they should sell them better, more efficient nuclear power technologies?

This thread title is very misleading.

*edit*
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Ahmadinejad sounds like "I'm a dinner jacket" just said a bit too fast.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-12-20 14:17:37)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6577

Bertster7 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

There is a bg difference between nuclear weapons and nuclear power. The UN said Iran could not manufacture a nuclear weapon. Nuclear power is not so complicated, it's just a case of boilling water with radiation really. Producing a fission reaction is a lot harder and a fusion reaction is harder still.

Iran being able to produce nuclear energy is a good thing. They seem very keen on it and it will reduce global carbon emissions (though not by much). The Iranians have repeatedly asserted that they are researching nuclear power not nuclear weapons and this development makes that all the more probable. Now that they've actually done it how long do you reckon it'll be before some European state decides they should sell them better, more efficient nuclear power technologies?

Ok,I beleive you, confused pothead................NOT!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Ok,I beleive you, confused pothead................NOT!
Believe me about what? Nuclear weapons being harder to produce than nuclear power? They are.

If you read the article you'll see it only talks about nuclear power.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-12-20 14:19:35)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

Nuclear Power means you have the ability to produce nuclear energy? 

Wow, looks like the short list just became a lot larger.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

That's why I think this thread title is misleading.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6645|IRELAND

We are all going to run out of oil, gas, coal etc, some day. Thats a fact. They are looking to the future, they need to ensure the survival of their country when the oil runs out. Nuclear power is the only viable alternative right now.
Doesn't bother me. Good luck to them!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I wasn't misleading, I was quoting. Perhaps Ahamdinejad is misleading?

Ahamdinejad wrote:

Iran is now a "nuclear power," its President, Mahmoud Ahamdinejad, delcared Wednesday
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I wasn't misleading, I was quoting. Perhaps Ahamdinejad is misleading?

Ahamdinejad wrote:

Iran is now a "nuclear power," its President, Mahmoud Ahamdinejad, delcared Wednesday
Yeah, well - English isn't his first language. It's easy to get mixed up. It's power, nuclear power - they're not a nuclear power.

I realised you were quoting, it does have quite a nice dramatic ring to it, but it is a little misleading - not that that is your fault.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina
Most of this problem would be solved if the Guardian Coucil and the Supreme Leader were removed from power.

The Iranian people want a reformist leader, but the fundamentalist clerics won't allow most of them to run.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6664|Peoria

Stingray24 wrote:

The US has many nukes, but we haven't used them.
*Cough* Excuse me? Call up Japan. I think they might beg to differ.

Stingray24 wrote:

Amedinutjob is crazy enough to pop off a nuke at a nation he's always loathed.
So what? He nukes Tel Aviv, we turn his country into a pretty glass parking lot.
SenatorMendoza
+7|6505

Stingray24 wrote:

SenatorMendoza wrote:

Threatening to blow up Israel etc... They've always hated Israel but it will never happen . . .
The US has many nukes, but we haven't used them.  Amedinutjob is crazy enough to pop off a nuke at a nation he's always loathed.
What are you talking about!?!? The USA is the ONLY country that has ever used nuclear weapons!!! DON'T FORGET THAT. Over two hundred thousand people were killed by the bomb and its after-effects. And that was AFTER Japan had already SURRENDERED!!!

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

SenatorMendoza wrote:

They've always hated Israel but it will never happen.
right on, we got a psychic posting on this thread.
No, I'm not psychic, I DON'T think that Iran should develop nuclear weapons, but it's hypocritical to try and force them not to. Nuclear weapons are the main thing that gives a country influence on the world stage so I'm not surprised that they might want the capability. I really don't think they'll nuke Israel but it's always a terrifying possibility.

Weapons = wrong
Power = OK (for 50 years or so until uranium runs out)
SenatorMendoza
+7|6505
double post removed

Last edited by SenatorMendoza (2006-12-21 13:37:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard