joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK
Does anyone know the exact location that the files are stored when you download the 2 add on packs Via EA link...EA wont tell me as its against company policy to assist in copyright theft.....even though I paid for both according to them I am not allowed a copy for back up purposes ..

Go figure even if you can buy them in the shops now...

They need a reality check FFS
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

its in the cache folder of ea link. they should be inside

EDIT: pic coming up

here it is
it would be right there if i hadn't deleted it to save space

on second thought it could also have been in the folder above that. dont remember exactly

EDIT2: fixed the pic

Last edited by max (2006-12-20 06:12:45)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK

max wrote:

its in the cache folder of ea link. they should be inside

EDIT: pic coming up

here it is
it would be right there if i hadn't deleted it to save space

on second thought it could also have been in the folder above that. dont remember exactly
Thanks Max but thats only a thumbnail can see the pic..
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6850|UK
c:\program files\ea link(i think)\cache

once you have installed the games.. you will see two folders.  If i have the path wrong just do a search on your EA directory for *bfarmour* and *bfeuro*

That will show the exact path of where your install folders will be.  You can then put them on CD or anything else for your pleasure !

HTH
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6346
Hmm, I used to have that stuff their for EA Downloader.

Then I downloaded EA Link, cos it told me to.

Thing is, now the cache for EA Downloader has been wiped, along with the entire contents of the EA Downloader folder. And it hasn't appeared in the EA Link folder. It's just gone. Any way of me getting it back? I can't play most EF or AF maps, and want to install again to fix it.

Help?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6718|England. Stoke
Download them from EA link again and reinstall...
robthemadman
+63|6346

coke wrote:

Download them from EA link again and reinstall...
It doesn't let you download them again if it thinks you have already installed them.
GCroke
+2|6273
Make sure you can view file extensions (Tools>Folder Options>View>'uncheck' Hide extensions for known file types)

Go into C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Link\Cache (This should be where it's transferred the files over to after updating to 'EA Link' from 'EA Downloader'

In there is a folder which wil be {<ranodom numbers/letters>} go into that, you might have the following files there

[FOLDER] bf2_fullpatch_1.41
eagamesbf2-2006online_contentbf2_patch_141_full.eam - Patch
eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2af.eam - The Armoured Fury Expansion Pack Reference File
bf2armor.viv - The Armoured Fury Raw Data File
eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro.eam - The Euro Forces Expansion Pack Reference File
bf2euro.viv - The Euro Forces Raw Data File

At the least you might have the .eam files or there might be duplicate files names but with a .eac file extension, the .eac file is a temporary file until the pack has been downloaded which then turns into the .viv file.  But in all likely hood you won't have the .eac files, you will most likely have the .eam files only.

If however you have the .eam files and the .viv files, then backup the .eam files and delete the originals, then run EA link and might re-create them again showing you have the packs downloaded ready for install, if it does then install the packs, if doesn't then backup both the .eam and .viv files and delete both, the run EA link again and it might re-create them again, if not reinstate the original .eam and .viv files.

If you have the .eam files but not the .viv files then create a backup of the Armoured forces and Euro Forces .eam files, your preffered method of backing up (.zip, rename, .old etc), then delete the orginals, then run EA link again and see what it reports back, if it doesn't detect them being ready for install but has them listed for download, then re-download them. 

It should detect them in some form or another as EA link should report to the account server which should have a record of your transaction/downloads with them, provided you've logged in with your account that you purchased the Expansion Packs with.  That is why I'm mostly suggesting backing up the .eam file and deleting the orginal as that is the log file for the packs.

If it doesn't work then reinstate the backups from before and contact EA again with the problem, I know you'd probably be better hitting you head against a wall, but you could try and if possible go armed with proof of purchase like a credit card statement, confirmation email etc.

Last edited by GCroke (2007-06-27 19:11:15)

robthemadman
+63|6346

GCroke wrote:

Make sure you can view file extensions (Tools>Folder Options>View>'uncheck' Hide extensions for known file types)

Go into C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Link\Cache (This should be where it's transferred the files over to after updating to 'EA Link' from 'EA Downloader'

In there is a folder which wil be {<ranodom numbers/letters>} go into that, you might have the following files there

[FOLDER] bf2_fullpatch_1.41
eagamesbf2-2006online_contentbf2_patch_141_full.eam - Patch
eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2af.eam - The Armoured Fury Expansion Pack Reference File
bf2armor.viv - The Armoured Fury Raw Data File
eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro.eam - The Euro Forces Expansion Pack Reference File
bf2euro.viv - The Euro Forces Raw Data File

At the least you might have the .eam files or there might be duplicate files names but with a .eac file extension, the .eac file is a temporary file until the pack has been downloaded which then turns into the .viv file.  But in all likely hood you won't have the .eac files, you will most likely have the .eam files only.

If however you have the .eam files and the .viv files, then backup the .eam files and delete the originals, then run EA link and might re-create them again showing you have the packs downloaded ready for install, if it does then install the packs, if doesn't then backup both the .eam and .viv files and delete both, the run EA link again and it might re-create them again, if not reinstate the original .eam and .viv files.

If you have the .eam files but not the .viv files then create a backup of the Armoured forces and Euro Forces .eam files, your preffered method of backing up (.zip, rename, .old etc), then delete the orginals, then run EA link again and see what it reports back, if it doesn't detect them being ready for install but has them listed for download, then re-download them. 

It should detect them in some form or another as EA link should report to the account server which should have a record of your transaction/downloads with them, provided you've logged in with your account that you purchased the Expansion Packs with.  That is why I'm mostly suggesting backing up the .eam file and deleting the orginal as that is the log file for the packs.

If it doesn't work then reinstate the backups from before and contact EA again with the problem, I know you'd probably be better hitting you head against a wall, but you could try and if possible go armed with proof of purchase like a credit card statement, confirmation email etc.
Thanks a lot, I'll take a look and try it out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard