Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
When AF came out last june i bought it right away and had to spend a week trying to contact ea customer support to get it work since it would say "you need to buy the booster pack" every time i tried to join an af server.

today i played af again. got two long rounds in harvest, got even a gold medal. after the second round the server starts loading another af maps but i get disconnected with the dialog box saying "you need to buy the booster pack". 20 seconds before i was PLAYING the damned booster pack. now i can't join any af server because it says that i need the booster pack everytime. i can't even tell how much i hate this game right name. wtf is wrong with it???
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6343|Smurfvillage, Gotland
I acctually though no servers was running it?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

Col.Vind wrote:

I acctually though no servers was running it?
sorry?
JE3146
+109|6571|Oregon
Do you have EA link open and logged in?
Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
nope... just this page and a tab to bf2player
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6528|Panama
Ehm, you must enter your PID (Player ID) in EA Link/EA Downloader
Vinx101
+1|6339
hey i bought the AF/EF booster pack from a store but the same thing is happening to me. can u help out?
Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
are you sure? after ea support fixed the af/ef name mismatch last june i've always played both booster pack without any problem... and why did they let me play two whole rounds in op harvest this morning?
Vinx101
+1|6339
well i bought the game this week and the installation goes fine but when i try to enter a server it gives me the message saying that i gotta install the booster pack. and i've already installed it along with the patch i even tried to reinstall EVERYTHING from BF2-1.41
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
I had that problem too when I bought the EF/AF booster pack dvd. I had to go to the ea website, logging in with my ea account (for me it is not my bf2 nick) and put in the registration code. I wish I could give you links but I can't remember them. I think I did a search in the faq section for it and it told me how to go about it there. Don't know if this'll work for you since you downloaded it. There's some link in the instruction booklet you're supposed to use but that never worked for me, and I got a lot of "page broken" messages when I'd use that method.

I just checked, here's what I think I did:

ea.com > login (get into the nation)
Click your user name top right
Click my account > my games
Then follow the menus to get the games.

The only thing is that it doesn't have just af or ef, so I don't know if it'll work.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
that's what i did when i bought af and couldn't play both the booster pack

anyway i just tried and now i can play af, guess the hamsters powering ea's servers were just tired this morning :p
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
Maybe you were trying to play when the servers went down for weekly maintenance. Not sure why it would give you the reason it did in this case, but hey, this is EA we're talking about.
Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
could be... anyway now everything seems alright, just played some AF and EF rounds without any problem. i was afraid i'd had to go through the ea customer support again, that would have meant at least a week of emails :p
Vinx101
+1|6339
hey guys thanks for the help it works now
Fallafal
+0|6338
mine wouldnt work either, im gonna try what you said

also, i was just playing with a bunch of noobs and got 5 gold medals

i quit and checked my stats 10 minutes later......no gold medals......  wtf?  (there were 32 people ingame)

Last edited by Fallafal (2006-12-20 19:30:18)

cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
Stats update every 2 hours. You just have to give it time.
Fallafal
+0|6338
the stats still havent updated, and when i type in the code in EA link, it says (web error).
wtf?
they dont give you a phone number to contact them on the package either
stupid fucks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard