SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6559|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
So yesterday i went and saw Body Worlds 3... it was neato mosquito... they say no pics and no touching.. i did both... the bodies kind of feel like silly putty which i suppose isnt much of a surprise seems how they are plastinated... sorry the pics suck but the lighting wasnt agreeing with my crap cellphone camera... if you have an opportunity to see a body worlds exhibit (there are 3) you should go it was quite entertaining...

some kid beside us asked his dad what this guy was doing.. his dad replied praying... then the kid asked whats praying...
https://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4096/heartinhandos5.jpg

i quite enjoyed the vascular system... but was totally unimpressed when i read the title, they actually called this guy "the thinker" he didnt even have the proper pose
https://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6653/thethinkerjz4.jpg

https://img453.imageshack.us/img453/5974/soccerguygo3.jpg

the nervous system was amazing... just a brain and nerves in a case, pic came out pretty blurry for that one (worse than the rest)... i was really hoping to see some animals too (i know they have a horse and rider) but unfortunately it wasnt here, all they had was a rooster and a lil lamb showing their vascular system (pics of those just look red cant really tell its just veins)... all in all an interesting exhibit that i recommend even if it was a lil small
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6548|Southeastern USA
sweetl, i've been waiting for it to come ot a museum near me, my city's prolly a wee too squeamish for that, but i'll be looking for it in atlanta (if i haven't missed it there yet )

edit: you'd probably like the artist in my sig, but i don't wanna say their name as some of their pieces are a little risque'

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-12-19 11:57:19)

SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
well just post the name anyways... or send it in a pm if your that worried about offending the kiddies :-P

edit --- found the name myself... Wim Delvoye

Last edited by SuperSlowYo (2006-12-19 12:45:46)

Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6829|USA! USA! USA!
I heard on the Colbert Report last night that they used excuted Chinese prisoners for the models.  I for one agree with Mr. Colbert, we need to stop outsourcing!  There are plenty of prisoners here in the US in need of execution and would be happy to be famous!
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go

Krauser98 wrote:

I heard on the Colbert Report last night that they used excuted Chinese prisoners for the models.  I for one agree with Mr. Colbert, we need to stop outsourcing!  There are plenty of prisoners here in the US in need of execution and would be happy to be famous!
yeah i saw that too... we were wondering where the people were from and china would make sense seems how some of the plastinated folk were fairly small... not really any way of gettin famous for this none of the bodies had any info about them... it would have been nice to know where they were from, age of death, cause of death, but then i suppose that would just make it too personal for some... you can donate your body to plastination they have a facility in L.A. somewhere i think (i cant remember) but i did grab a postcard so i can send away for more info on how to donate my body, probably has that info on their website too

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard