heggs wrote:

nothing.

PoP wrote:

right, NOTHING NEEDS NURFING!

NOTHING NEEDS NURFING!

NOTHING NEEDS NURFING!

NOTHING NEEDS NURFING!

NOTHING NEEDS NURFING!

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-12-19 11:58:30)

SlightlySto0pid
+7|6466|New York
Titan guns.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6611|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i swear to god we should nerf the gunships. i fucking saw one almost kill an infantry unit the other day. that vehicle is way to overpowered.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6566|UK

Support gun is ludacris, I mean come on acuracy of a sniper, it's just a point fest with that thing, so I guess theres gonna be lots of 'teh support FTW' that is the problem, how many times u trying to attack the titan and all ur medics are throwin ammo packs in ur fuckin face!

To much of an imbalance with the tanks, it's like the J-10 vs an F-35!

Finially, I would say the walker but providing you hit it where it hurts tis no biggie.

Normally I would agree with the guys about not nerfing anything (especially after the bf2 fiasco), buuuuuut not in this case.

Martyn
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6577|Australia, NSW
nothing needs a nerf at all, deal with the game as it is now.

but they culd probably do up the gunships health a little bit, and maybe increase the speed you change weapons, but not really important
Mafia47
+27|6757|Chicago
emp considering you can get hit with it from 10000 yards away with the wonderful shield on transport/gunship's doing nothing at all to it
doc. josh
+48|6561
nothing should be nerfed active came shouldbe improoved and thats it
Mafia47
+27|6757|Chicago

doc. josh wrote:

nothing should be nerfed active came shouldbe improoved and thats it
actually i agree with that too...active camo is the most useless thing you can use...i mean maybe if you could use it and have a weapon equiped at the same time then it would be overpowering...but that would be sweet!
leesupport
+39|6699
everything else is fine to me exept the pistol...its not like BF2...dont matter how fast you click it wont fire faster...other than that i say leave everything
Brasso
+1,549|6647

Those APC mortars are just a bit overpowered.  The 1 or 2 hours that I've played Conquest, I just get in that APC, drive it up, get in the 2nd seat and blast away.  Of course, I make sure the APC is far enough from the action that I can hop out and repair it behind it's cover.  The two times I've done it I've gone something like 30-0 before the round ends.  Those things should have less splash damage, but the same distance.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6639|Little Bentcock
Nothing don't fucking ruin this game, go play BF2 if you wanna play like a noob.
Magius5.0
+106|6398|UMass Amherst
They're currently fixing most of my initial gripes (like the AA EMP missiles being tweaked to be less effective) and fixing the pistols, so pistol commendation gold should be much easier now.  Active camo is getting a boost, and they've made the Ganz so it doesn't totally suck ass.  Titan guns do need a little nerfing...because simply put, a determined engineer will bomb your ass to the stone age with no risk of damage to himself if the titan is camping a silo.  I've used the Pilum H-AVR on that damn turret half a dozen times and the bastard still spams repairs on it, continuously bombing me at the same time; currently the only counter is to mass-spam that turret with two or three guys while holding the silo (2x engineers, 1x support); easier said than done.

My current proposal makes some sense: when the gun gets blown apart, anyone in that gun seat takes damage from that vicious storm of sparks that dances from the gun console; they do it too often, and they die a humiliating death.  Unless it's a medic camping up there with the engineer, this fixes this problem big-time.

Other than that, almost everything is balancing out with the newest patch coming soon.  And yes, someone pointed out the Pilum H-AVR needs to be tweaked slightly in terms of bullet velocity (increase speed so it looks like it should, a miniature rail gun and make it equivalent to the Rockets), but NOT accuracy; otherwise, it would become the uber-powerful sniper rifle that would be whored time and time again for cheap one-shot unrecoverable kills.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6490|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

seymorebutts443 wrote:

i swear to god we should nerf the gunships. i fucking saw one almost kill an infantry unit the other day. that vehicle is way to overpowered.
it was said sooo much by stupid kids in bf2 dude...no!!! are you crazy!!!
Watermeleon
+34|6550|I am located at my location
How can you horrible people say "nothing should be nerfed"?! I haven't heard such blasphemy in all of my days!

The Walkers! Oh, those terrible Walkers. Whenever you do something, they shoot at you. I think DICE should make them unable to shoot and walk at the same time, and decrease the missle velocity. Also, the machine gun bullets should be controlled like a TV Missle to give an extra edge to infantry. And by the way, I personally think they move too fast and fluid. Maybe making it totally still, like one of those railgun thingies, would help out a bit.

FAV's are so unfair. They are way too fast, and Nitro Boost makes them impossible to catch up with. Maybe they should be slightly slower than infantry, so no one wants to tk over them, and have it so if they bump into anything, it explodes rather largely, tking anyone close by.

The APC is BF2 was perfect. Two Rocket shots and it's dead. Unfortunately, in this game, it is way to strong. I could deal with the tough armor, just get rid of all the guns on the APC. It's supposed to commute troops, and troops ain't supposed to defend themselves. That's how we infantry get kills. And I think Pod's should be shootable, so you can be killed in one, and I don't like how if you hit someone while in a Pod, you kill them. Unfair.

The Transport Chopper is almost perfect. Just a little bit too fast and big.

Now for the Gunship, that thing is ridiculous. It can fly, so putting RDX on it is near impossible. I think it should be ground based, and the rockets are too overpowered. Maybe have it shoot out Lambert Carbine bullets or something. And the passenger seat shouldn't have any weapondry. Just an extra seat to parachute out of.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6611|Iceland

Adams_BJ wrote:

Nothing don't fucking ruin this game, go play BF2 if you wanna play like a noob.
chill, its a poll.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6392|Inside the AR Rockets.
ZOMG let's play BF2142 in real life!! I call the LMG!!!
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6392|Inside the AR Rockets.

Watermeleon wrote:

How can you horrible people say "nothing should be nerfed"?! I haven't heard such blasphemy in all of my days!

The Walkers! Oh, those terrible Walkers. Whenever you do something, they shoot at you. I think DICE should make them unable to shoot and walk at the same time, and decrease the missle velocity. Also, the machine gun bullets should be controlled like a TV Missle to give an extra edge to infantry. And by the way, I personally think they move too fast and fluid. Maybe making it totally still, like one of those railgun thingies, would help out a bit.

FAV's are so unfair. They are way too fast, and Nitro Boost makes them impossible to catch up with. Maybe they should be slightly slower than infantry, so no one wants to tk over them, and have it so if they bump into anything, it explodes rather largely, tking anyone close by.

The APC is BF2 was perfect. Two Rocket shots and it's dead. Unfortunately, in this game, it is way to strong. I could deal with the tough armor, just get rid of all the guns on the APC. It's supposed to commute troops, and troops ain't supposed to defend themselves. That's how we infantry get kills. And I think Pod's should be shootable, so you can be killed in one, and I don't like how if you hit someone while in a Pod, you kill them. Unfair.

Now for the Gunship, that thing is ridiculous. It can fly, so putting RDX on it is near impossible. I think it should be ground based, and the rockets are too overpowered. Maybe have it shoot out Lambert Carbine bullets or something. And the passenger seat shouldn't have any weapondry. Just an extra seat to parachute out of.
Dude... make a fucking MOD on these changes, call it *BF 214GAY* and be the BEST player in it. As in the only one. Fucking drugger...
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6778|Internet!

Magius5.0 wrote:

Pilum H-AVR... but NOT accuracy; otherwise, it would become the uber-powerful sniper rifle that would be whored time and time again for cheap one-shot unrecoverable kills.
Except it travels so slow that the only way to hit infantry would to be at real short range (might as well use a shotgun/rifle/what-have-you) or pick off idiots sitting still... and, as we all should know, sitting still = death anyway.

It's only got 6 rounds of ammo, takes forever to reload, doesn't splash... I can't see why you wouldn't want it to be able to hit the vehicle you're aiming at...

Edit: What this game needs is a gigantic school/civilian bus that you can fit half your team in...

Last edited by Kanil (2006-12-19 19:46:08)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6661|Malibu

Kanil wrote:

Magius5.0 wrote:

Pilum H-AVR... but NOT accuracy; otherwise, it would become the uber-powerful sniper rifle that would be whored time and time again for cheap one-shot unrecoverable kills.
Except it travels so slow that the only way to hit infantry would to be at real short range (might as well use a shotgun/rifle/what-have-you) or pick off idiots sitting still... and, as we all should know, sitting still = death anyway.

It's only got 6 rounds of ammo, takes forever to reload, doesn't splash... I can't see why you wouldn't want it to be able to hit the vehicle you're aiming at...

Edit: What this game needs is a gigantic school/civilian bus that you can fit half your team in...
Now, I want to see this message happening if that HUGE bus actually happens

StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim1
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim2
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim3
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim4
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim5
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim6
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim7
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim8
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim9
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim10
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim11
StormEye [Pilum H-AVR] Victim12

LoL
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6778|Internet!
No, no, no. It'll need like 20,000 HP, and no guns. So it just drives around pissing you off, occasionally roadkilling someone and taunting you with the prospect of getting two dozen kills at once.
imortal
+240|6681|Austin, TX

HUNDaemon wrote:

Watermeleon wrote:

Dude... make a fucking MOD on these changes, call it *BF 214GAY* and be the BEST player in it. As in the only one. Fucking drugger...
Okay, your homework assignment is to look up the word 'sarcasm' and discover how it can be used in a thread to show the utter rediculiousness of the topic being discussed.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
You win the idiot of the day award! GG.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
weamo8
+50|6459|USA
Walkers are a bit too hard to kill, but I kinda like it like that.  It makes the damn things scary.

I voted "nothing."
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6633|UCF

seymorebutts443 wrote:

That is the most hilarious thing I've ever read on this site.

Nothing needs nerfing at the moment, if anything, stuff needs to be enhanced, such as:

Smoke Grenades(last for 2 seconds, pointless!)
Gunship missiles
Shields

Is it just me, or do certain object pierce the shield at certain angles?
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6587|United States
For the most part I think 2142 is surprisingly well balanced. Each weapon/kit/vehicle/army has an equal number of advantages and disadvantages. However, I do think quite a few things need a bit of tweaking to make them more useful...

- Active camo is almost completely useless. The sound it makes when active needs to be removed or audibly reduced. You can hear someone coming a mile away.

- Pilum projectiles need to shoot a bit faster, but the accuracy on them is fine. The gun is supposed to be for armor kills, not infantry kills.

- Gunship missiles need a tiny bit more splash damage. They also don't need to take so much damage when they bump a non-moving object. You can barely graze a fence while hovering in one place and lose 80% of its armor. It's bullshit.

- The engineer secondary weapons could use a very tiny accuracy adjustment to compensate for the impractical use of the main weapon against infantry.

- AA turrents need their range drastically reduced. The EMP's also need tweaking so their effect doesn't last so long, but at the same time I think the main bullets of the turrents should have a higher velocity. It's useless to shoot at anything unless it's right infront of you.

- The APC's on Conquest maps should have their weapons removed.

- EMP mines should explode on proximity instead of running directly over them. Right now they are COMPLETELY useless unless used in a bottlenecked road point with motion mines.

- The sensitivity of gunship tv guided missiles need some serious tweaking. They need to accelerate to a reasonable speed and sensitivity and no more. The fact that they get 50x faster and 100x harder to control 3 seconds after firing is ludacris. Plus they don't do much damage at all. I would rather have damage-reduced tv guided missiles that could be controlled (like in BF2) than not. At least then it would be worth while to have a gunner... since the only thing the gunship gun hurts is infantry (barely) and the little cars.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard