The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6514|Los Angeles
17 IAR sounds like a lot.

What's the best strategy for getting this?

Is there an ideal map or position on a certain map?

Maybe in the ducts defending a titan?

Or maybe Titan mode is a bad way to go?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6609|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
titan on defense
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Try a lightly populated 32 player conquest Fall of Berlin map. Have yourself elected commander of the team and use the UAV as your own personal dogtag detector, fuck the rest of the team. Not pleasant but highly effective. Lure people into a particular suitable position near the flag by laying a medipack there, while you hide ready to pounce. Adjust your hiding position based on whichever direction the UAV tells you the enemy is approaching. The second flag from the uncappable base on the right is the best for dogtags or the opposing base is the best (furthest left).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-18 13:02:27)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6595|SE London

Just stab lots of people.
autopilot
banned
+115|6362

I would recommend Titan defending and active camo.

Pod to the back of your titan, turn Active camo on. Go knife the suckers from behind (in the vents or whatever they are).
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6790

Bertster7 wrote:

17 to be exact....
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
easier said than done, took me 5 rounds on titan d to get it. you need to find that perfect titan defense round with half their team attacking with them all medics or support.
Jedikiah
+6|6456
Its not recommended.. and EA actually hates this, but the best way is going to a server that restricts weapons ( Like knife and pistol on bf2 )
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6595|SE London

2tuff wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

17 to be exact....
Easy! Even less than the 18 you needed in BF2.

Before all this gay patching to make all the awards easy came about. Happened about a week after I got my expert knife - I was pissed off.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-12-18 13:10:26)

jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

seymorebutts443 wrote:

titan on defense
use apms . to subsized possible kdr hit.
Brasso
+1,549|6644

Stay Recon with the little recon drone thing.  Go into the titan vents and hide behind a pillar.  When you see the red diamond enemy indicator drop down the shaft, put on active camo.  As the enemy walks by you, knife him in the back.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

Jedikiah wrote:

Its not recommended.. and EA actually hates this, but the best way is going to a server that restricts weapons ( Like knife and pistol on bf2 )
wow you seriously are a retard. YOU FAIL

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2006-12-18 13:18:13)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6709|UK
press 1, when u see an enemy use WASD keys to manouver yourself to him, once close to your foe left click.
repeat this 17 times

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2006-12-18 13:48:49)

ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6488|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
that badge is so easy to get, i could get more than 17 kills IAR if i really wanted too, just go on a 64 cerbere or gibraltar, get a squad and go behind the lines, place a beacon, and knfe the snipers etc, and keep doing it, ull get it in no time mate
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6595|SE London

You could wait until EA/Dice release a patch to make it easier.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-12-18 13:51:26)

Eugefunk84
+48|6548
1. Find enemy
2. Press "1" on your keyboard
3. Step within 1 players width from said enemy
4. Proceed to click your left mouse button until dogtags appear on your screen

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6709|UK

Eugefunk84 wrote:

1. Find enemy
2. Press "1" on your keyboard
3. Step within 1 players width from said enemy
4. Proceed to click your left mouse button until dogtags appear on your screen

Lather, Rinse, Repeat...
oi read other posts 1st i alrdy did sarcastic 1
Janysc
+59|6697|Norway
Use the guidelines in my sig in combination with the active camo and sneak up on 17 people on Minsk Conquest. Simple as goblin pie.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6575|Australia, NSW
just my advice on how i got it:

forget titan mode and move to conquest. you want a late night server of cerbere landing/belgrade with less than 20 people on it. this way rounds last for ages. now play in a squad spawing off a beacon close to the enemy bases. stick around where the action is, and go knife only unless the enemy will kill you at long range, then pull ur gun out.
i was being recon with apm and cloaking. the cloaking helps a bit. i got mine in the tree area in belgrade, just kept running in there from a beacon and knifing the people gathered there, and capping the flag so that they would try to come back to the same spot. and in the buildings around that spot there is always snipers upstairs, easy to get.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6390|Inside the AR Rockets.
Knife server.. duh!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS

CameronPoe wrote:

Try a lightly populated 32 player conquest Fall of Berlin map. Have yourself elected commander of the team and use the UAV as your own personal dogtag detector, fuck the rest of the team. Not pleasant but highly effective. Lure people into a particular suitable position near the flag by laying a medipack there, while you hide ready to pounce. Adjust your hiding position based on whichever direction the UAV tells you the enemy is approaching. The second flag from the uncappable base on the right is the best for dogtags or the opposing base is the best (furthest left).
Or, if you don't feel so bad about your own team, get an Otus drone or a Dystek Pulse meter and find enemies that way.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6382|Cali

HUNDaemon wrote:

Knife server.. duh!
Correct.
Anim1223
+0|6368

التعريفات wrote:

HUNDaemon wrote:

Knife server.. duh!
Correct.
ROE thanks.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6454|canada
smoke grenade ia your best friend
cospengle
+140|6501|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Bertster7 wrote:

You could wait until EA/Dice release a patch to make it easier.
QFE. I never would have got the expert knife badge in BF2 if it weren't from the requirements changing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard