Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6792|Kansas, USA
There are time requirements for the Ground Defense badges (time in Mounted MG or TOW) and for transport. What if you are in the machine gun position in a transport?

Does that count for time requirements on both? I'd test it out using my stats here, but they are FUBAR until the problem with the SF stats get fixed.

Anyone have an idea or can confirm or deny this?
Dopin_Nuts
+1|6769
I dont think it works...cause I tried going for my Ground Defense ribbbon in a transport mg and I couldnt get it.
ionchild
+0|6765
Transport machineguns DO NOT count towards ground defense.  I use the mounted machinegun on vehicles often and still do not have ground defense ribbon or medals.

Last edited by ionchild (2005-11-26 14:14:55)

BlackJackBob
+2|6770|Canada
Ground Defense(Time in Mounted MG or TOW) and Transport are two different things.

Edit: you are IN the transport when you're on the .50 cal. how can that be counted as ground defense?

Last edited by BlackJackBob (2005-11-26 14:17:52)

-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6772|Cardiff, Wales
In the transport on the .50 cal counts as transport time

Must be on a TOW or MG Mounted on the concrete for Ground Defense
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6762|The United Center

BlackJackBob wrote:

Ground Defense(Time in Mounted MG or TOW) and Transport are two different things.

Edit: you are IN the transport when you're on the .50 cal. how can that be counted as ground defense?
well technically, as long as either you or the person you are attacking is on the ground it could be considered as 'ground defense'.  although really i like to think of ground defense as when im getting shot at and i hide behind a hill or a rock...im using the ground to defend me

Last edited by ThomasMorgan (2005-11-26 15:11:09)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808
Ground defense is in static weapons only.
NamelessMarine
+0|6751
Yep.  Its a ribbon I'm having a hell of a time getting too--I keep getting sniped out of it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard