UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6353|Cali
Ive been wondering what the F-Word means.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/fword.html
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6537|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
It comes from the Battle Of Agincourt between the French and the English. French planned to allihilate the English and planned to cut off the middle finger of every Englishman they captured, so that when they were released they couldn't pluck the famous English longbow with their middle finger.

The English found out about the French plan and won the battle. As they chased the French away they waved their middle fingers in the air and shouted at the French "see, we can still pluck you". And it has been waped to it's current form over centuries of slang .

Don't know what the audio thing says......I have dial up and don't have time to download such things.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6603|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
oh god people stop using ebaums, the guy who created the site steals everything.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

seymorebutts443 wrote:

oh god people stop using ebaums, the guy who created the site steals everything.
Whaddaya mean, 'people'? it's only him posting it...
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6470
lol nice find
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6545|Chicago

TeamZephyr wrote:

The English found out about the French plan and won the battle. As they chased the French away they waved their middle fingers in the air and shouted at the French "see, we can still pluck you". And it has been waped to it's current form over centuries of slang .
True, except that its original intent was "pluck yew", yew being a kind of tree (and wood) from which the famous English Longbows were made.

Pluck yew = Fuck you.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

RedTwizzler wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

True, except that its original intent was "pluck yew", yew being a kind of tree (and wood) from which the famous English Longbows were made.

Pluck yew = Fuck you.
Longbows > Crossbows
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6631|Little Bentcock
It actually stands for something, something carnal knowledge. Came about in WWII after aloth of the soldiers were caght raping women, and in the files where they have everything, the would have FUCK (like AWOL)
cablecopulate
+449|6746|Massachusetts.
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6470
hey I  found the video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3oB91Rzv_nI
cablecopulate
+449|6746|Massachusetts.
I always heard fuck stood for Fornification with/of uncarnal knowledge. I heard it was prostitutes or people who have sex before they got married. I can't think of what their called at the moment, but the things where you stand there with your head and arms in a couple pieces of wood clamped over you. They'd be in that contraption as punishment in the town square or whatever and it had it written across it so people knew their punishment. I took that with a grain of salt, though. I've never thought to check the internet to see if there's a widely accepted origin of the word.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

/Win.

damn, out of karma!

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-12-18 04:47:39)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6751|Reality

TeamZephyr wrote:

It comes from the Battle Of Agincourt between the French and the English. French planned to allihilate the English and planned to cut off the middle finger of every Englishman they captured, so that when they were released they couldn't pluck the famous English longbow with their middle finger.

Don't know what the audio thing says......I have dial up and don't have time to download such things.
http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/pluckyew.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6545|Chicago

cablecopulate wrote:

I always heard fuck stood for Fornification with/of uncarnal knowledge. I heard it was prostitutes or people who have sex before they got married. I can't think of what their called at the moment, but the things where you stand there with your head and arms in a couple pieces of wood clamped over you. They'd be in that contraption as punishment in the town square or whatever and it had it written across it so people knew their punishment. I took that with a grain of salt, though. I've never thought to check the internet to see if there's a widely accepted origin of the word.
From the "False Etymologies" section of the "Fuck" article on Wikipedia:

Other explanations for fuck as an acronym for adultery offer alternative wordings, such as "Fornication Under Carnal/Cardinal Knowledge," or "Fornication Under [the] Control/Consent/Command of the King." Variations on this theme include, "Fornication Under the Christian King", "False Use of Carnal Knowledge", "Felonious Use of Carnal Knowledge", "Felonious Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", "Full-On Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", and "Found Under Carnal Knowledge"; and the closely related variant, "Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" — a label supposedly applied to the crime of rape.
dubbs
+105|6640|Lexington, KY

Adams_BJ wrote:

It actually stands for something, something carnal knowledge. Came about in WWII after aloth of the soldiers were caght raping women, and in the files where they have everything, the would have FUCK (like AWOL)
You are incorrect, and source as proof.  Here is another source for you.

Also, the person who was said it come from the British Longbows, I think you have that confussed with the peace sign.  Once again I have a source that says you are incorrect.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6654|Nova Scotia
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

dubbs wrote:

Also, the person who was said it come from the British Longbows, I think you have that confussed with the peace sign.  Once again I have a source that says you are incorrect.
I don't think it's the peace sign. I thought it was something to do with the V sign (peace sign reversed) and the archers. They shouted out "Go forth and multiply" rather than "pluck yew".

The word Fuck has been used for a very long time in English but it's origins are unknown. It does have the crudeness that is typically to many Anglo-Saxon words though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard