voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6448|somewhere other then here
ok i bought euro forces in a store nor ea link so then it says to enter my prepaid code.adn it says i need ea link so i download it adn nothing shows up on the screen but a blank white screen with grey border so what do i need for it to work?
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6642|Sin City

I think it is rebelling against you because of your horrible grammar and spelling.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
me to
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

EA Link will also ask you for a "prepaid code" since I had to redownload EF/AF and reinstall the whole of BF2 the other day.
A blank white screen? Sorry to make you seem stupid (lol)...but you have logged in right?
In EA Link, goto the "My Games" tab (on the left) and then it shows me Armoured Fury and Euro Forces. Or "My Patches" and it has the BF 1.41 patch. But thats because I got them via the download, so they show up.

Is there not a "prepaid code" in/on the manual or the case? (kinda like a CD Key usually is?)
ReGmAn78
+16|6656|Alberta, Canada

D6717C wrote:

I think it is rebelling against you because of your horrible grammar and spelling.
Did he ask for grammar/spelling correction? NO! He was simply asking a question.  Do you try to make fun of peoples spelling and grammar because you were the kid always getting picked on in school? YES!  Try to grow up a bit and maybe post something worth while...
dubbs
+105|6641|Lexington, KY

ReGmAn78 wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Did he ask for grammar/spelling correction? NO! He was simply asking a question.  Do you try to make fun of peoples spelling and grammar because you were the kid always getting picked on in school? YES!  Try to grow up a bit and maybe post something worth while...
Did he ask you if he was the kid that got picked on in school? NO.  Do you look like a retard? YES.
ReGmAn78
+16|6656|Alberta, Canada

dubbs wrote:

ReGmAn78 wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Did he ask you if he was the kid that got picked on in school? NO.  Do you look like a retard? YES.
Why? Because im tired of little kids who always make fun of others? Spec on the INTERNET, turn off the E-Bully for a bit and try stepping out of your virtual world.  You know that place where if you talk to people like that you get bitch slapped.
Phrozenbot
+632|6625|do not disturb

Alright chill! Snake here is the one you should be asking questions. He's been through this already. The rest of you jerks are looking like a bunch of tools right now. Let's have some decency here.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet

Snake wrote:

EA Link will also ask you for a "prepaid code" since I had to redownload EF/AF and reinstall the whole of BF2 the other day.
A blank white screen? Sorry to make you seem stupid (lol)...but you have logged in right?
In EA Link, goto the "My Games" tab (on the left) and then it shows me Armoured Fury and Euro Forces. Or "My Patches" and it has the BF 1.41 patch. But thats because I got them via the download, so they show up.

Is there not a "prepaid code" in/on the manual or the case? (kinda like a CD Key usually is?)
no i cant log in or anything i see no tabs at all

Last edited by voodoosniper7 (2006-12-18 13:12:01)

D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6642|Sin City

ReGmAn78 wrote:

dubbs wrote:

ReGmAn78 wrote:

Why? Because im tired of little kids who always make fun of others? Spec on the INTERNET, turn off the E-Bully for a bit and try stepping out of your virtual world.  You know that place where if you talk to people like that you get bitch slapped.
Sweet.....I started a pie fight.  Seriously though, you need to relax. What are you, the guy's friggin dad? Let him stand up for himself.  For the record, I didn't get picked on in school (that's pretty funny though).
ReGmAn78
+16|6656|Alberta, Canada

D6717C wrote:

ReGmAn78 wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Sweet.....I started a pie fight.  Seriously though, you need to relax. What are you, the guy's friggin dad? Let him stand up for himself.  For the record, I didn't get picked on in school (that's pretty funny though).
No the point was that he shouldn't have to stand up for himself in the first place, cause he just asked a simple question. 

Anyways hope you got it figured out voodoo.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet

ReGmAn78 wrote:

D6717C wrote:

ReGmAn78 wrote:

No the point was that he shouldn't have to stand up for himself in the first place, cause he just asked a simple question. 

Anyways hope you got it figured out voodoo.
Thanks
Enzzenmachine
+20|6355
ok I don't know whether you fixed your problem or not but when I loggin, I goto "Game Store" and at the right, you can enter your prepaid code.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
still havnt fix the problem i don't no what to do
Swiss
+20|6554
Just a thought, if you're using firefox, try using internet explorer (Note: i don't know anything about the whole ea downloader thingie). Just sounds like that might be an issue. Hope it helps
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
k i will try cause im am using firefox
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6574|Area 51

dubbs wrote:

ReGmAn78 wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Did he ask you to comment on his post..No..do YOU look like a retard? Yes..do I look like a retard because you didn't ask me to comment on YOUR post? Yes Aaaah the circle of life..
drummer4breeze
+1|6261
I'm having the exact same issue when trying to run EA LINK to download Northern Strike for BF:2142- a grey-boardered white box.

I sent an email to EA and this was the response:

This is Marlon and thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

I understand you're having problems with the EA Link, and we apologize for the inconveniences that this has caused you. Please be assured that I will try my best to help you resolve this issue immediately.

The problem that you are having is also sometimes caused by a blocked port which the EA Link uses to connect online. These ports are the doorways used to send and receive information between your computer and the server. You must configure your router/firewall to have the game's ports open in order to connect to the servers properly. You may also need to contact your Internet Service Provider to ensure that these ports are opened as well.

The ports for the EA Link are as follows:

TCP ports:

* 1024-1124

UDP ports:

* 1024-1124

Please make sure that the above ports are properly configured on your firewall and router.

I hope the above information helps.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please feel free to email us again. You can also visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Marlon V.
Electronic Arts Technical Support

I've checked my sygate firwall - allows access to core.exe
I've also checked my router, all ports allowed outgoing.

I've tried Internet explorer 6 - no difference.
What a waste.
lehter
+4|6458

drummer4breeze wrote:

I've checked my sygate firwall - allows access to core.exe
I've also checked my router, all ports allowed outgoing.
If you have a separate firewall box (e.g. in your ADSL box or similar), allowing outgoing traffic is not enough.

You need to set up port forwarding to your box. This means, that any incoming connection attempts to those ports from the internet (like EA's servers) will need to be redirected over to your PC by your router.

Usually this happens by defining the port ranges and protocols to be forwarded, and then the destination host in the internal network - your PC's IP address. The exact configuration details vary between routers, so you need to take a peek in your manual. Or post the exact make and model of your router. However, if you're able to play BF2, you've propably already done some port forwards.

HTH,
lehter
drummer4breeze
+1|6261

lehter wrote:

You need to set up port forwarding to your box. This means, that any incoming connection attempts to those ports from the internet (like EA's servers) will need to be redirected over to your PC by your router.
Thank you, I'll be looking into it from here:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101145.asp

Will let you know how I get on. If this sorts it I'll be sending you a coconut.
drummer4breeze
+1|6261
Well, I've a Netgear Router setup wirelessly (could this be an issue?) Model: DG834G

I've set up the following customized services:

Service Table
#     Service Type    Ports

1    Mule (TCP)    4662  (There by Default - - Drummer)

2    Mule2 (UDP)    4672 (There by Default - - Drummer)

3    EA LINK (TCP)    80 - 29900

4    EA UDP 1 (UDP)    1024 - 1124

5    EA UDP 2 (UDP)    18000 - 29900

I've unistalled EA LINK and reinstalled- still the same... any suggestions?
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6725|Germany
Voodoo did you make the setting for active X in the internetexplorer? Because if this not enabled EA Link will not work since it uses (only) the security settings of Internet Explorer.
drummer4breeze
+1|6261
Don't know about voodoo but I've 'active x scripting' enabled and mine's still buggered.
I'm officially out of ideas.

Last edited by drummer4breeze (2007-03-18 05:33:57)

drummer4breeze
+1|6261
Here's the screen I get when EA LINK 'loads':
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=zd*-VTwi&p_accessibility=&p_id=3972183&p_tbl=1&p_created=1174021815

Any ideas? My Router's a Netgear DG834G

Would really REALLY appreciate it...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

That link gives "Permission Denied"

Upload it to imageshack or something.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard