Mackaronen
+18|6644|Uppland, Sweden
Sorry if this is a repost i tried the search function but did not find any.

I wonder how much training an American soldier gets before hi is shipped over to Iraq? Especially how long the training is.
Thanks!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
A few weeks I think for basic. usmarine2007 may know.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rocksrhot
+8|6407
This should be enlightening.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio
For the Marines, boot camp is about 3 months, then depending on your job, another 2 or 3 months of basic combat school.  If you work in aviation, you go to school for a long time to learn your job.  If you are in the infantry, after your 3 month basic combat school, you are sent right to your unit.  Now, depending on when you get there, that unit could be going to Iraq in a month or a year.  Luck of the draw.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2006-12-17 07:24:28)

Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
And for paratrooper?
spray_and_pray
+52|6498|Perth. Western Australia
Weapons familiarization, Eagle tower, MOUT shoothouse... these are used in the US army from what I know outta Americas Army (made by the American army "gasp") I think those are just the qualification courses though.
Mackaronen
+18|6644|Uppland, Sweden

usmarine2007 wrote:

For the Marines, boot camp is about 3 months, then depending on your job, another 2 or 3 months of basic combat school.  If you work in aviation, you go to school for a long time to learn your job.  If you are in the infantry, after your 3 month basic combat school, you are sent right to your unit.  Now, depending on when you get there, that unit could be going to Iraq in a month or a year.  Luck of the draw.
After you are sent to your unit, do you continue to train for battle until going to Iraq?
SoC./Omega
+122|6548|Omaha, Nebraska!

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

A few weeks I think for basic. usmarine2007 may know.
I believe its 13 weeks of basic training, then if you choose to be a tanker for example, you go to tank school for about 13 weeks also.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio

Mackaronen wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

After you are sent to your unit, do you continue to train for battle until going to Iraq?
That is all you do in the military, train of fight.  99% of the time in the military is spent training.

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2006-12-17 08:08:51)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

usmarine2007 wrote:

Mackaronen wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

That is all you do in the military, train of fight.  99% of the time in the military is spent training.
At least you get to play with explosives and blow shit up
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

At least you get to play with explosives and blow shit up
Aye.  Good fun.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6684|Ft. Drum, NY
im joining the army soon and after basic im taking airborne training which is 3 weeks. Then im going to a-school and learning my "job" which will be a MP or "military police".  First week of airborne training is basically jumping off walls and learning how to land correctly then the secone week you jump from towers and learn to land correctly then the third week you do a series of jumps. One jump is called a "hollywood" jump. The hollywood is just jumping without your gear. You also do a night jump and then.....you get your wings.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
2 jumps for airborne wings? wtf
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio

Lisik wrote:

That it because nobody jumps into battle anymore.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel

usmarine2007 wrote:

Lisik wrote:

cool, just cool... we got 11 month of training, and to get the wings you have to do 60/60/60 marathon. 60 Km, 60 Sm body in water, with 60 Kg of weight on you, and not less then 6 day and night jumps. and steel you not airborne... to become airborne you have to get Red Beret - what is more 80 Km to run.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6684|Ft. Drum, NY

Lisik wrote:

omfg no....i said a series of jumps... in total i forget what it is but i thinks its in the double digits.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
but still... its just 3 weeks
Mackaronen
+18|6644|Uppland, Sweden

Lisik wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Lisik wrote:

cool, just cool... we got 11 month of training, and to get the wings you have to do 60/60/60 marathon. 60 Km, 60 Sm body in water, with 60 Kg of weight on you, and not less then 6 day and night jumps. and steel you not airborne... to become airborne you have to get Red Beret - what is more 80 Km to run.
Damn thats tough. But i guess the Swedish airbornes goes through about the same, during their 330 days training!
motherdear
+25|6659|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
yuckfou09 where are you from, because if i remember correctly then the training that the british paras get sound pretty similar to the israeli training. ofcourse i can`t garante that it`s the same since i have never done it myself,
but anyway i`m gonna join the marines as soon as i quit school. but the mout houses and shooting ranges are made so that you get the drill of the CQC and at the shooting ranges you famililarize with your weapon and learn to clean it and how to shoot, and if you shoot good enough and sneak well enough on the combat simulations you might get invited to join the marine sniper school (Quantico)
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6557|EUtopia | Austria

Lisik wrote:

Well, I don't think any country with a sober president would fight Israel in an even numbered battle. Because of that very reason (training, actually).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

usmarine2007 wrote:

...depending on your job...
That pretty much sums it up right there. Bottom line: if you wanna know, talk to your recruiter.
Mackaronen
+18|6644|Uppland, Sweden

Stormscythe wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Well, I don't think any country with a sober president would fight Israel in an even numbered battle. Because of that very reason (training, actually).
I think most arab countrys would like to trie, and alcohol is forbidden in islam so they ought to be sober, right?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
you dont get shipped out to iraq unless your being sent to unit thats in or about to be deployed.  i was in the army for 4 years training before i deployed.
motherdear
+25|6659|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
israel is defiently one of the best armies in the world when they were attacked by egypt,palestine and all those countries in one of their wars they had a k/d ratio of 6 to 1
Commie Killer
+192|6394

Mackaronen wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

You do nothing except train, parade, and clean latrines with your tongue until you are sent to a base somewhere in the combat zone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard