spikes14
+25|6395
hi, please help with the following questions.

1. i have downloaded fraps and i want to record the game, do i need to run fraps before i start the game?

2. if i want to edit the video how do i do this?

3. does it matter if i dont register it, because i dont want to pay, lol im from the uk and we like free stuff!

if you have any more usefull tips please tell me because i am just a beginer with this type of software and i would appresiate it.

thanks

+1 to the guy that helps the most, just for the fun of it!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
I might be wrong but I think you have to pay for it
Simon
basically
+838|6655|UK

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I might be wrong but I think you have to pay for it
Yes, *pay*
spikes14
+25|6395
thats one of my questions answered now how bout the others
NaziPredator
+41|6462|Luton -WorstTownInBritain-
But there are other ways to get it for free, *cough*torrent*cough*
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6350|uk

spikes14 wrote:

hi, please help with the following questions.

1. i have downloaded fraps and i want to record the game, do i need to run fraps before i start the game?

2. if i want to edit the video how do i do this?

3. does it matter if i dont register it, because i dont want to pay, lol im from the uk and we like free stuff!

if you have any more usefull tips please tell me because i am just a beginer with this type of software and i would appresiate it.

thanks

+1 to the guy that helps the most, just for the fun of it!
1. yes, fraps needs to be running before you start the game.

The default key for recording is F9.

2. If you want to edit the video, you need to use video editing software. "Windows Movie Maker" is a simple, easy to use software that allows you to edit your videos, and is included free with XP.

The videos you record are saved to the  location

C:\Fraps

3. I think there is a free version, the only draw back from this, is that it only records 30 seconds of footage at a time.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php <- free version

More help can be found here http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

Last edited by Titch2349 (2006-12-17 04:35:04)

Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic
If you wish to do things legally.

You can download fraps for free and use it, only problem is that you can only record for 30 seconds at a time and you'll get "fraps.com" on top of all your recordings.

Then to edit you can use Windows Movie Maker (oh the joy) which I believe comes installed with every XP computer. Go Start-> All Programs and it should be in there, if not I'm sure it is available for free download, use google.

If your school or work place has an extended license for either Sony Vegas 7.0 or Premiere Pro then get one of them like I did as they are far far superior to Movie Maker (though they will take longer to get to grips with)

If you wish to do things illegally then I can offer no help other than.

*cough* bittorrent *cough*

Last edited by Towelly (2006-12-17 04:36:02)

spikes14
+25|6395
ive recorded a part of bf2 and then opened it in windows movie maker like you said but it says

"an error occurred while opening this file. either the selected file is not a windows movie maker project file or the project file is corrupted"

the thing is that it works (with a little lag) on mindows media player.

any segestions?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6350|uk

A project file is the whole of the project that you are making.

To import images/ videos etc, you need to click file, then import into collection
spikes14
+25|6395
you know what? i think ill just give up, it seems like the only way ill get some use out of it is to register it, and im not doing that. ill just play the game and watch the videos people make. lol that way i wont steal peoples thunder with my amazing editing skills *cough**fart**sneeze* lol

thanks for the help anyway
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic
I'll PM you something.

I will however say that once you have made your video I will execute a kitten for every second I find boring.
Abstinuous
+33|6429
so u r saying that all the pple who post all those videos have bought fraps? i dont think so. what's the alternative freeware?
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6477
Try using the battle recorder and then using fraps to convert it to a movie file.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6350|uk

Abstinuous wrote:

so u r saying that all the pple who post all those videos have bought fraps? i dont think so. what's the alternative freeware?
you can get a free version of fraps, as discussed further up the topic
Abstinuous
+33|6429

Titch2349 wrote:

Abstinuous wrote:

you can get a free version of fraps, as discussed further up the topic
but that records 30 secs only
BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6750|Nederland
use bittorrent or limewire or wathever to download a hacked version of fraps

with the full you can record how long u want and it doesnt say www.fraps.com at the top

Last edited by BanG89 (2006-12-18 10:23:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard