LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6502|England
I'm sure like me most of you have had that feeling of " I wanna kill that dude "  or " That bitch is gonna die "

my question is ...what do you think drives people to go that little bit further an Actually commit murder ?

I really dont know myself , i've certainly wanted to kill somone but i'd never do it not murder someone intensionly anyway...

whats you're opinion! try and make it detailed i'm intrested

An no i'm not a serial killer (?)
chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

Great question! Considering that probably no one here has ever murdered anyone (we have some vets, but war time killing is a whole different thing), it will be interesting to see the kinds of conjectures that come up. Personally, I've never wanted to kill someone. Instead, I usually want them to suffer in the way they've made others suffer. Maybe something like the whole "to the pain" speech from the Princess Bride. This would be acceptable for rapists, child molesters, murderers and others of similarly heinous crimes.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6650|Sin City

I think most of those people are somehow pre-disposed to eventually do it in one way or another. The average person wouldn't be able to kill someone, especially in a way that would cause them to suffer greatly. The rest seem to end up killing someone or themselves over a woman. I have seen a lot of homicides where a seemingly "regular" person went totally fuckin nuts over some piece of ass, and killed her then himself.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6566|EUtopia | Austria
Well yeah - death is a too easy way out, isn't it?
jonsimon
+224|6512

LostFate wrote:

I'm sure like me most of you have had that feeling of " I wanna kill that dude "  or " That bitch is gonna die "

my question is ...what do you think drives people to go that little bit further an Actually commit murder ?

I really dont know myself , i've certainly wanted to kill somone but i'd never do it not murder someone intensionly anyway...

When someone feels like they have exhausted their other options they resort to malicious violence. When two animals encouter a conflict with each other, and are of the same species, they are presented with a few options:
1. Flight 2. Posture 3. Fight 4. Submit and 5. Kill or maim. Flight is self-explanitory. Posturing includes displays of dominence and superiority in attempts to force the other party to submit. Initial fighting is always non-violent in the sense that neither party intends to kill or cause sginificant harm to the other party, and is a further attempt to induce submission. Submitting is often performed by exposing a weakness or sensitive area purposefully, essentially waving the white flag. Once all these options seem to have been exhausted or prohibited for some reason, our instinctive response is to harm and possibly kill the offending party.

Other factors that shape our liklihood to choose one response over another (I.E. killing without apparant thought) are distance physically from the target or the act of killing and prior psychological shaping, such as the mild brainwashing soldiers are subject to, or warfield propaganda.
Not
Great success!
+216|6594|Chandler, AZ
I think it's a bit too complex to try to understand under one circumstance. I think every person has something somewhere inside that if violated, would cause them to lose control. My family is most likely my trigger. Being the oldest of four siblings, I'm extremely protective. If someone gravely hurt one of those kids, I'd likely snap. Murder and killing are also two different things in my own opinion. Some people "Kill" others, whether it be gang violence, or a paid job. These things bring "rewards" to the killer, either in twisted respect or blood money. "Murder" in the way I see it, is the result of a personal choice with little or no gain involved for the murderer. These slayings would encompass domestic homocides, and severe mental illness in the case of a compulsion to take life. If that's the case, it becomes a game to that person, and they feel more powerful and important with every life they take.

As far as what sets someone off that edge in the first place, the reasons are vaired and many. But as one poster already mentioned, I think each person has a different level of capacity for violence. If someone is very prone to using violence, they're likely to let themselves get carried away.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA
I never wanted to kill anyone, but if something unfortunate happened to my in-laws, I probably wouldn't be crushed, hehehehe
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6559|Texas - Bigger than France

lowing wrote:

I never wanted to kill anyone, but if something unfortunate happened to my in-laws, I probably wouldn't be crushed, hehehehe
I have a movie for you.  Strangers on a Train by Hitchcock.

Call me when you get done watching it...
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

LostFate wrote:

Let me guess, you're pissed off because somebody owned your noob ass in BF2?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=54759

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-16 18:31:41)

T0rr3nt
+54|6594|Michigan

chittydog wrote:

Considering that probably no one here has ever murdered anyone (we have some vets, but war time killing is a whole different thing).
please do explain!
SnIpErOwNzYoU
Duck And Cover!
+12|6453|Michigan

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Let me guess, you're pissed off because somebody owned your noob ass in BF2?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=54759
I guess LostFate needs to go to some Anger Management Classes
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

SnIpErOwNzYoU wrote:

I guess LostFate needs to go to some Anger Management Classes
No kidding. He sent me a bunch of angry PMs yesterday in horrifically incoherent English.
Not
Great success!
+216|6594|Chandler, AZ

T0rr3nt wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Considering that probably no one here has ever murdered anyone (we have some vets, but war time killing is a whole different thing).
please do explain!
Murder is different from killing in a few ways.

Killing has a purpose, a goal behind it. National defense is the goal when a soldier kills in war. Also, people who make a living by killing others are killers, not murderers, if you want to be really technical although most people would call any act of homicide a murder for the sake of simplicity.

A murder is much more self-serving. It rarely has a discernable benefit for the murderer, other than the few people who take pleasure in doing it. It's a much more personal act, whereas a killer sees it as another job to do. Typically a murder is a one-time deal for the criminal, and sparked by a heated argument, resulting in most murders being spontaneous, with a few being premeditated.

Last edited by Not (2006-12-17 03:31:57)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6546|Global Command
The sociopathic urge that says " I don't give a fuck. "
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6644|Los Angeles, California, US.
A lack of Self Control (Extreme Anger falls under this Category) , or a Mental Problem (Serial Killers) , Or you belong to a Gang.

Last edited by DaReJa (2006-12-16 20:42:48)

Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6462|The Land of Scott Walker
What drives people to go further?  My opinion is that they hold onto the "I want to kill them" thought and allow it to embed itself in their thought process.  Soon what was just an idea passing through their mind is perfected into a plan.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6739|Eastern PA
Everyone has a limit, some are higher than others.
Flakturnal
+21|6459|Perth,WA
I think it's the prospect of going to jail and being anally raped by a big aboriginal man named Bubba that keeps me from committing criminal acts.
T0rr3nt
+54|6594|Michigan

Not wrote:

T0rr3nt wrote:

chittydog wrote:

please do explain!

Killing has a purpose, a goal behind it. National defense is the goal when a soldier kills in war. Also, people who make a living by killing others are killers, not murderers, if you want to be really technical although most people would call any act of homocide a murder for the sake of simplicity.

A murder is much more self-serving. It rarely has a discernable benefit for the murderer, other than the few people who take pleasure in doing it. It's a much more personal act, whereas a killer sees it as another job to do. Typically a murder is a one-time deal for the criminal, and sparked by a heated argument, resulting in most murders being spontaneous, with a few being premeditated.
murder is murder is murder anyway you cut it.
Not
Great success!
+216|6594|Chandler, AZ

T0rr3nt wrote:

Not wrote:

T0rr3nt wrote:

please do explain!

Killing has a purpose, a goal behind it. National defense is the goal when a soldier kills in war. Also, people who make a living by killing others are killers, not murderers, if you want to be really technical although most people would call any act of homicide a murder for the sake of simplicity.

murder is murder is murder anyway you cut it.
So you fall into the bolded section of my post. Either that or you simply disagree but don't care to try to diffuse my statement, or maybe you can't.

Last edited by Not (2006-12-17 03:31:32)

LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6502|England
Fancy_Pollux sent me a PM saying that i was a dirty muslim and that he wanted to kill me, talk about a tard

Last edited by LostFate (2006-12-17 07:48:41)

Not
Great success!
+216|6594|Chandler, AZ

LostFate wrote:

Fancy_Pollux sent me a PM saying that i was a dirty muslim and that he wanted to kill me, talk about a tard
Ass still sore?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

LostFate wrote:

WOW.

I'd love to see you prove that. Come on, post a screenshot of it.

Here are screenshots of EVERY PM sent between myself and Lostfate:

#1 (LostFate)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/lostfate2.jpg

#2 (This is the ONLY PM I have ever sent him)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/lostfate1.jpg

#3 (LostFate)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/lostfate3.jpg

#4 (LostFate)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/lostfate4.jpg

#5 (LostFate)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/lostfate5.jpg

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-17 09:54:01)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

Hmm.
I just perm banned your duplicate account, nice try LostFate.
And now you are threatining another member? For what apparent reason?
Take a break, read the rules, get over your immaturity.

/closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard