venom6
Since day One.
+247|6551|Hungary
Hello everyone !

I would like to ask if you guys think its worth to buy a Joystick ?
Coz i never had one and i still dont know if i would like it and if i could get used to it.A lot of ppl said that its better to fly a Jet with a Joystick then with mouse and keyboard.What do u guys think ?
And if i should buy one wich one is good ?

I saw this video and it looks sweet.He is using a joystick..check it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdG398kdFp0
pasthebiscuits
+2|6818|Redcar, England
well it really helped for me, i was shocking in a jet/helli then I bought a wired controller for my xbox360 USB and started using it on BF2 (PC Version I might add not the shite 360 BF2) and I can now fly! Worked for me.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Some are talented with Keyboard/mouse and buy joysticks and never use them.  It's whatever you are comfortable with.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6512|Adelaide, South Australia

My joystick is over 8 years old.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
yes. yes you should.
Red-Eye =]DH[=
+11|6412

Kmarion wrote:

Some are talented with Keyboard/mouse and buy joysticks and never use them.  It's whatever you are comfortable with.
Wasted 25£ on a Joy stick I never used because I was already uber l33t.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6735|Topside

Buy a joystick that's my advise.
Merlin
+3|6548|Ireland
Yes i would have to say that having a Joystick for bf2 is for me at least essential. Although there are some very talented people who use the mouse and keyboard combination still out there. i would recommend  a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro its probably the best mid range Joystick out there and will make piloting those Choppers all the easier.
cospengle
+140|6480|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I just bought one today. 'Everyone' reckons it's easier.

I'm still trying to get used to it but I think it will be better than using the keyboard (I used to use just the keyboard - ie no mouse). I was pretty bad at flying before, so I'm not expecting miracles, but it is already much easier to line up ground targets with a joystick (for me anyway).

I got a Logitech Attack 3, which is a mid-priced one. Seems fine to me.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6715|Oregon
a lot of people laugh when i say i fly the bf2 helos with a joystick. but i kick ass, nqa. .

i think its worth it, but the best pilot i know flys kb/mouse. get one and try it out. keep the box so you can return it.
adam1503
+85|6381|Manchester, UK
I have a joystick

It lives under my pillow and I call it Alan.  I bring it out when I feel lonely.

You should definitely get one

Last edited by adam1503 (2006-12-16 04:28:16)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6551|Hungary
Thx for the comments !
I guess I will check some shops !
CrazeD
+368|6666|Maine
I got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for 30$. It's a good stick, but it wears out pretty fast (a year or so, with avid use). I got a 2- year warranty with mine and have exchanged it once already (got it in like February or March 2006).

I use my joystick for choppers and jets, and wouldn't have it any other way.
cospengle
+140|6480|Armidale, NSW, Australia
In BF1942 I used to fly choppers with KB/mouse. I don't know if I was any good because I only played LAN and single player, but it was much easier in that game. Hopefully I can learn to fly the helos in BF2 reasonably well with the joystick. But ATM I think I'll stick with KB for helos and just focus on learning planes on the joy.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6519|Milkystania, yurop
Get a Logitech extreme 3D pro its  good and dosent cost so much and most importantly it hasent broken after me abusing it for 2 years (fs2004, fsx) easy setup to...And yes its sweet to use in Bf2
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642
I just use my keyboard and I am l337 in the plane
Magpie

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I did not know that norweigans could fly, I thought u guys still used sleeddogs
-=5TON3D
+42|6527|u.k
a joystick or joypad is a hell of a lot better than mouse & keyboard or just keyboard for jets.
i preffer using a joypad for jets & i'd class myself as a good pilot.i also have a saitek x52 joystick i braught cheap off my mate but just could'nt get used to it after using joypad for so long,so its just sitting in a box gathering dust.
the x52 joysticks one of the best sticks but takes up a lot of desk space for the stick & the sepperate throttle.

when it comes down to deciding on either mouse/keyboard,or joypad or joystick its gonna be what you feel most confortable using.
maybe lend a friends joystick/joypad & see what you like the best before buying one.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6473|Somewhere else

Ive just started flying and if you need to pull up real hard and have a keyboard and mouse, you have to run your mouse vertical fast, pick it up, set the mouse closer towards you run it vertical again, repeat, all in a matter of half a second. SUCKS.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6619|Sea to globally-cooled sea
yes

get the Logitech Extreme 3d pro.  it's inexpensive but very very good.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642

Magpie wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Be quite and go eat your meatballs.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51

Kmarion wrote:

Exactly, and everything has it pro's and cons, I can imagine how someone with a joystick can do solo choppering, but someone with a joystick might manuveur much faster..
Magpie

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Magpie wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I will go and eat some meatballs now I would offer u some but I know u r busy clubbing babyseals..
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642

Magpie wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Magpie wrote:

I will go and eat some meatballs now I would offer u some but I know u r busy clubbing babyseals..
Ok, what?
Magpie

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Magpie wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Ok, what?
Nothing wanna go and steal some oil later?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard