Poll

Warmer winter or colder winter where you live?

Warmer62%62% - 45
Colder16%16% - 12
Can't really say i've noticed a difference20%20% - 15
Total: 72
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6610|InGerLand
alteration of this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=57171
please post the country you come from as well as whether its warmer or colder, i can't add enough questions for every single country obviously.

for those in large countries like the US or canada then please state a direction (north, south, central/middle, east, west)

and has in been a sudden change or a gradual cooling/warming over the last few years if you think it's changed at all?

The poll gives a sort of worldwide trend and the posts will give countrywide trends

i got a bit bored of just discussing the weather when we can just poll it and actually get some sort of facts, it won't be very scientific but if people treat it seriously then it will suggest if there is a trend in winter changes and if so in what way.

thanking you in advance
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
So far it's been warmer but technically winter hasn't begun yet.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6554|British Columbia, Canada
Our weather is fucked up this year.

We already had more snow then we get all winter, and Just today we had 2 trees fall on our house from 150 km/h wind speeds.. Power out-ages, roads blocked, cars smashed, houses smashed.. Fun day.

We are due for more snow in the following weeks too..

So over-all, its been colder.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6610|InGerLand
really we've just had a few floods and a small tornado
no snow predicted until february though
hasn't been colder really, just a lot windier and with a lot more rain
that apparently hasn't made up for our 2 year drought
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6714|Eastern PA
Cold in late November. Usually it's ~45F but there was a friggin' ice storm for 2 days straight (starting Nov. 28) followed by 2 ft. of snow...the day before the storm it was 70F and today the high was 60F.

Last edited by Masques (2006-12-15 16:49:26)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6560|Mountains of NC

its been much warmer where I'm at and thats put a huge hurt on my business
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia
Australia's weather has been totally fucked up this year...

Not to mention Sydney's dam levels are now 37% or something, and we are having the worst drought for 1000 years.

Apart from that, it's fine.

Mcminty.
herrr_smity
+156|6619|space command ur anus
i live a couple of hours from the arctic circle and there's no snow this year, weired
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

North Coast of Ireland.
We are the first of Europe to get the Atlantic Easterlies and Arctic North Westerlies. These storms break their backs on Ireland as we are the first land mass &  mountains to raise the fronts up on their journey across the Atlantic to form precipitation.

But this Winter so far, and the last 3-4 years have been relatively mild. The Wind chill is colder though. The thermometer at my mums which is coastal and elevated had a wind chill of -35 last week. I have been wearing one Lair of clothes out side all winter. Doesn't figure at all/

It seams  still air temperature is up, but the winds blowing in are colder........they might seam colder because the still air is warmer though.................
l41e
+677|6640

East Coast US (half an hour south of Washington DC).

Very varied. Some days going down to windchill 13oF, other days up to 62 (e.g. a couple days ago).

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-12-15 18:24:12)

Soldier-Of-Wasteland
Mephistopheles
+40|6648|Land of the Very Cold
Well, today, Dec. 15th, here in Northern Canada, we got a thunderstorm and a motherload of rain, which I never seen before in my life (this time of the year). Called me dad and he doesn't recall any either.

10-15 years ago we would have about 2 feet of snow already, but these days we have rain, and it is 8-12 Celcius above 0, instead of -15.

I want my winter back! I live for cold weather, and love it when it is -20... seriously.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Here in New York its been about 60f when it is ussaully 40f. It was colder in November.
jonsimon
+224|6487
Its not even winter yet!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
Warmer in Boston, been around 40-50 degrees Ferenheit all week. It's only snowed about an inch tops so far when the average is about 10 inches by now I think. I don't know, I really don't mind since the summers don't seem to be getting that much hotter.
jimbo21
+11|6643
north east usa = hard to say if the weather is "abnormal" because of global warming. i remember being young 30yrs ago and having warm christmases and having snow in november. but so far the temps have been up and down with no real pattern settling in yet.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6771|Great Brown North
i live in new brunswick, canada, just by maine.... today i was able to go outside in a tshirt, its spring time weather when everything should be frozen and buried in snow

Last edited by krazed (2006-12-15 19:30:07)

colonelioan
+14|6448|Kanada
Today, december 15th, i live in montreal, for the first time it was warmer than ever, 15-10 Celsius, and in the afternoon, ive saw the greatest thing ever... a violent thunderstorm, i was at work, working at the pc when we lost power. Man Wtf , where in december, last year we had so much snow we wanted it out now. I am seriously questionning myself on this, is this the beginning of the end? Imagine what would happend if the north atlantic current would dissepear, what if the gulf stream would be gone, and seeing Paris having a snowfall. What would you guys do if u would learn that the new ICE AGE is installing itself?!
Commie Killer
+192|6379

colonelioan wrote:

Today, december 15th, i live in montreal, for the first time it was warmer than ever, 15-10 Celsius, and in the afternoon, ive saw the greatest thing ever... a violent thunderstorm, i was at work, working at the pc when we lost power. Man Wtf , where in december, last year we had so much snow we wanted it out now. I am seriously questionning myself on this, is this the beginning of the end? Imagine what would happend if the north atlantic current would dissepear, what if the gulf stream would be gone, and seeing Paris having a snowfall. What would you guys do if u would learn that the new ICE AGE is installing itself?!
We probably wouldnt be scaremongering like you, mini ice ages happen in Europe all the time(400-600 years) because the current in the Atlantic stops, stop worrying already.
CC-Marley
+407|6820
Warmer so far. But the last two were colder with lots of snow.
BVC
+325|6687
Its summer here at the moment.

When it was cold, winter was reasonably normal, a little colder than usual but the previous one was a little warmer, so meh...summer, when its warm is reasonably normal.

The thing thats making me think the weather is really odd is that all year we've been getting patches where for a few days the seasons will seem to be inverted, not just a handful of days with warm/cold weather, but LOTS of them...in winter we had heaps of times where it was 15-18C, and a week or two ago there were minature snowflakes falling for a few minutes!  Every day it seems to go from clear skies to cloud and back again...its crazy!

I'm not sure what our glaciers are doing.  Not too long ago we even had some icebergs floating up the coast, a bunch of flight companies made a stack of money flying tourists out to them...we're in the 40s for latitude, we shouldn't be getting them at all let alone in the middle of freaking summer!

Last edited by Pubic (2006-12-15 22:03:10)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
Warmer, still 24 degrees...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6665|Canada Eh?
I remember a time not so long ago when I would pass Halloween and there would be at least a good 2 feet of snow outside, it's currently mid December and we have maybe 4 inches
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6455|meh-land
I live in between SF and Sacramento in california.  Its about the same it is ever year, although i have to say we haven't had as many frosty nights as we usually get this far into winter, the days about about as cold.  Maybe even colder than last year, i don't think we had as many 32 degree exactly mornings last year.
w0ls0n
+16|6539|Maine
I live in Maine and the winters have been moderately warmer for the past few years. I think my boss was playing golf in late December and usually it's freezing by October.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard