Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6487|The Land of Scott Walker

r2zoo wrote:

Gonna debate a story thousands of years old thats been edited some man times and in so many ways, just becasue something isnt fully explained doesnt mean its wrong.
Please read this:

Colfax wrote:

The reliabilty of the bible holds up through time more then you would ever believe.  If you did research on this by typing bible manuscrpits or biblical manuscrpits you would know this but here we go.

Because the Bible is a book, it was initially made up of manuscripts. Consequently a primary means for ascertaining its credibility today are the number of copies from those manuscripts which are currently in one's possession. The more copies we have the better we can compare between them and thus know if the document we now read corresponds with the original.

source: http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/bibmanu.htm

Author                        Date Written      Earliest Copy      Time Span   Copies (extent)
Secular Manuscripts:
Herodotus (History) 480 - 425 BC          900 AD              1,300 years       8
Thucydides (History) 460 - 400 BC        900 AD               1,300 years        ?
Aristotle (Philosopher)384 - 322 BC      1,100 AD             1,400 years     5
Caesar (History)      100 - 44 BC           900 AD             1,000 years       10

believe these guys wrtings right?  Man look how much of their original work is left?

how bout the bible
(Total New Testament manuscripts = 5,300 Greek MSS, 10,000 Latin Vulgates, 9,300 others = 24,000 copies)
(full table in link)

More info involving manuscripts (quick read)
http://home.earthlink.net/~ronrhodes/Manuscript.html

Manuscript Evidence for the New Testament^
There are more than 24,000 partial and complete manuscript copies of the New Testament.

These manuscript copies are very ancient and they are available for inspection now.

There are also some 86,000 quotations from the early church fathers and several thousand Lectionaries (church-service books containing Scripture quotations used in the early centuries of Christianity).

Bottom line: the New Testament has an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting its reliability.
PluggedValve
+17|6382

dubbs wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Thanx dudes...

So Dubbs... I saw your other thread about the carbon thing...

It is somewhat of an enviroment/nature thread, with the carbons and global warming stuff... you know atoms and things...

What is your take on a Natural Disaster ending man, and how that may interupt Gods plan for Judgement Day...

Unless thats HIS doing....Hmmmmmmm?
Good question.  I think you were sort of hinting at, Do you think a loving God can allow natural disaters to occur.  The truth is I do think so.  Going back to the Bible, since I am a Christian and believe what it says, God test and punished Job.  Job's family went through natural disaters and died.  I also believe that it can be part of punishment, just like Noah's story.  Do I think that they interupt God's plans, no I think they are part of God's plan.  As stated above, to punish those who sin, and to draw people to Him.  I know you probally heard of people going through a natural disater then turning to God for help.  I think that most natural disaters are caused by this.

I also believe that we will see a lot worse before the Judgement Day, as in the end of the Earth.  As you stated you have read the Bible, and if you believe it is true, Revelations speaks about worse times, and more natural disasters then we have experienced now. 

Do I think that every natural disaster is caused by God, no.  Do I think that he allows them to happen, yes.  Just like a loving father allows his child to fall down when they are learning to walk.  A loving father also gives their children room to explore and grow.  Will they get in trouble, yes, will they get hurt, yes.  Does the child learn a lesson, hopefully.  I think that this is what God does to His children, humans.  I think that is the reason He allows natural diasters.
Does that mean that God will punish innocents to send a message to sinners?
IE:  Surely not all people in New Orleans are sinners, are the innocents just a "casualty of war"?? (sorry for the analagy but only one i could think that would apply)

Is Gods way of drawing "faithful" by scaring them into belief?
How strong is a belief if you only believe it because you are scared of the consequences??
Wouldn't it make more sense for God to SHOW us the reward(heaven) instead of making us believe blindly
PluggedValve
+17|6382

Jenkinsbball wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

Gonna debate a story thousands of years old thats been edited some man times and in so many ways, just becasue something isnt fully explained doesnt mean its wrong.
You said it bro, it's just a story. Move along now. The bible is bullshit.
I respectfully agree.  I dont care if someone else believes it though.  I know alot of christians mean well.

I do kind of find it ridiculous that, my sister(a bible thumper), prays for me, as though i am some lost soul.  I have done at least as much research as her about it (altough i go to objective sources as well as christian sources) and i have concluded to this point that i am better not to have faith(blind faith). 

Would God want us to believe anything we are told??

Why do most christians get baptised around 6 yrs old??  That is too young to make a decision like that.  Even if they chose not to their parents would overrule anyway.   

Why does confirmation happen at around 12 yrs old??  Thats not even old enough to drive or drink or even make household decisions.  But it is old enough to confirm a lifelong decision

To me that is dirty marketing, ask the Tobacco company's about marketing to the youth. 

I know, religeon (faith for some) isnt killing people of cancer etc...,  but it does want your children to go convert heathens who might be of another religeon or of no religeon.  That puts them in harms way more directly than Ciggarettes, because some of those people will die to protect themselves from your religeon (or anyones religeon).

George Carlin has the best 10 Commandments.  We should all live by them.  He cuts it down to the ones that ARE important.   

By the way, What is the difference between coveting thy neighbors goods and covetting thy neighbors wife??
For clarity:  Covetting takes place in the mind!!!!!
FALLOUTBOMB
+6|6569|northern virginia, US

Simon wrote:

Right?
dubbs
+105|6674|Lexington, KY

PluggedValve wrote:

dubbs wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Thanx dudes...

So Dubbs... I saw your other thread about the carbon thing...

It is somewhat of an enviroment/nature thread, with the carbons and global warming stuff... you know atoms and things...

What is your take on a Natural Disaster ending man, and how that may interupt Gods plan for Judgement Day...

Unless thats HIS doing....Hmmmmmmm?
Good question.  I think you were sort of hinting at, Do you think a loving God can allow natural disaters to occur.  The truth is I do think so.  Going back to the Bible, since I am a Christian and believe what it says, God test and punished Job.  Job's family went through natural disaters and died.  I also believe that it can be part of punishment, just like Noah's story.  Do I think that they interupt God's plans, no I think they are part of God's plan.  As stated above, to punish those who sin, and to draw people to Him.  I know you probally heard of people going through a natural disater then turning to God for help.  I think that most natural disaters are caused by this.

I also believe that we will see a lot worse before the Judgement Day, as in the end of the Earth.  As you stated you have read the Bible, and if you believe it is true, Revelations speaks about worse times, and more natural disasters then we have experienced now. 

Do I think that every natural disaster is caused by God, no.  Do I think that he allows them to happen, yes.  Just like a loving father allows his child to fall down when they are learning to walk.  A loving father also gives their children room to explore and grow.  Will they get in trouble, yes, will they get hurt, yes.  Does the child learn a lesson, hopefully.  I think that this is what God does to His children, humans.  I think that is the reason He allows natural diasters.
Does that mean that God will punish innocents to send a message to sinners?
IE:  Surely not all people in New Orleans are sinners, are the innocents just a "casualty of war"?? (sorry for the analagy but only one i could think that would apply)

Is Gods way of drawing "faithful" by scaring them into belief?
How strong is a belief if you only believe it because you are scared of the consequences??
Wouldn't it make more sense for God to SHOW us the reward(heaven) instead of making us believe blindly
What do you mean by the innocent?  Since I believe what the Bible says, I would have to say that nobody is innocent and as the Bible says all have sinned.  Death is the punishment of that sin, since everyone has sinned at least once in their life, (all but Jesus) then there are not any innocent people that died.

I do not believe because I am scared, I believe because I believe.  I am not scared of what will happen to me when I die.  I never converted to Chiristianity because I was scared.  I was actually a Mormon before I became a Christian (yes there is a difference).  I became a Chrisitan, because of the love that I was shown by real Christians.

I do not think that it God's way of drawing the faithful is by scaring them into belief.  To some people it takes a horrible act to get their attention.  God does reward people, but we take it for granted.  Also, what would showing people heaven make everyone do what He says?  When you were a child, if you mom/dad said that they would take you to your favorite fast food place, did that make you obey?
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6602

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Adam and Eve were created up from the ground by God....Right?

They were immortal, and did not have to reproduce...Right?

So they had no sex organs....right?

So while God wasnt looking, Satan as the snake told Eve to eat apple...Right?

They had NO knowledge of evil...Right?

Snake told Eve she would just know what God knows....Right?

So SHE eats,then makes Adam eat....Right?

(Here's my glitch)

They SEE they are naked, and HIDE....right?

BUT what do they see? they have no sex parts yet. (Confused)

God comes back, FINDS them, and curses them...right?

Tells them, To stay immortal you must now reproduce, gives women most of curse, as child bearer...Right?

My point is...

If they didnt get the sex organs until AFTER they were caught, then WHAT did they see after they ate the apple? WHAT embarresed them?

BOGUS
WRONG
BULLSHIT
STORY
FICTION

It's all about the earth and mother nature...

See you next time kids, and Keep Banging Thy Heads!!!!!
Your an idiot.....right?
YOU have no sex organs...right?
Shut the fuck up.....asshole!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard