Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6887|Singapore
Firstly, the music, wth its the 1942 music, although i didnt play 1942, i bet many of us had played it before, why cant they have a nicer music like the one in Bf2. Their loading music included. The one in BF2 sounded abit like the rock genre( correct me if i am wrong)

Secondly, the maps are poorly designed. The color scheme tastes so bland. In bf2 whenever i play Karkand, i feel that the color scheme is perfect and i feel like i am in a real battlefield holding my l33t rifle and gunning down whoever is against me. Yes you guys may agree that spawn camping with tanks and spawn raping with jets is bad, but whatever it is, i bet most of you guys enjoyed BF2 more than 2142.

Thirdly, The number of vehicles in bf2142 is wayyyy too less. Lets compare the flying vehicles in Bf2142. The Doragon and the sheep(whatever they call it, its the transport chopper). Why cant EA/Dice just put in another l33t bomber inside instead of just one attack heli. Even better, supersonic planes that can choose to drop EMP or l33t bombs on infantry. You guys know what types of vehicles are there in BF2 so i dont need to elaborate.

So does anyone agree with me?
jsnipy
+3,276|6676|...

I like the game, but I agree with what you are saying. Its because form a creativity standpoint, it nothing more than a hack, popular elements from other games.

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-12-15 06:15:39)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6679|Singapore

Ayumiz wrote:

Secondly, the maps are poorly designed. The color scheme tastes so bland. In bf2 whenever i play Karkand, i feel that the color scheme is perfect and i feel like i am in a real battlefield holding my l33t rifle and gunning down whoever is against me. Yes you guys may agree that spawn camping with tanks and spawn raping with jets is bad, but whatever it is, i bet most of you guys enjoyed BF2 more than 2142.
BF2142 = Ice + sand...cant expect much..
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6541|New York
the colors are bland, but you need to take in the situation. massive ice age at hand. as well as most of the remaining hospitable regions being desert, not much choice there.

i disagree about the maps, i personally think they are designed well. vanilla bf2 had jets that were impossible to take down from the ground, but in armored fury it was ok, because they weren't as fast. bf2142 has the same type of situation as armored fury, more balanced jets. the thing that pissed me off the most about bf2 was getting on a server only to get raped by jet whores the entire round. this isn't an issue in bf2142.

there could be more vehicles.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6809|UK
MUSIC= got my music turned off, as i did in bf2 so thats really don't bother me, but if it is the same as 1942 then thats sucks and your right

MAPS= the maps in bf2 are based on what the theater would actually look like, so i guess they will feel better, the theater in 2142 is based in the future so until we get to 2142 who's to say what they should feel like in the new ice age, apart from cold, take Berlin, verdun and Suez canal, i think those maps look great

MOTORS= they could do with a few more motors in 2142, in jalalabad the jeeps spawned about every 30 secs, and the tanks about every 90 secs, in 2142 it seems to take an age for tanks and the like to spawn, so again i agree on the amount of motors is not enough
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6928|EUR
I would have to agree with you, even though the maps are balanced they lack that really nice detail that karkand or clean sweep had.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6863|Sweden
The reason i enjoy 2142 more is because it´s less vehicles, I like to jump in a walker/tank on occasion but i really would´nt want to see more of them neither Jets.. that was the biggest reason i stooped playing bf2 even though i was a plane whore myself.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6890

MOTORS= they could do with a few more motors in 2142, in jalalabad the jeeps spawned about every 30 secs, and the tanks about every 90 secs, in 2142 it seems to take an age for tanks and the like to spawn, so again i agree on the amount of motors is not enough
Now why would they have done that..
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6806
If I were in bf2142, I'd rob an arms museum and own your faces with an AK-47.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Zukabazuka
+23|6838
If you guys call those transport sheeps you havn't seen what they are capable of, Sure its hitdetection is a bit bad but its sure kill as many as the blackhawk did. The only problem is that you can't really repair it in the air and then you are easy targets for engineer kit but they might have pilum so.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6777|Cherry Pie
Because is not based of something that is real...  Its just seems so.... Ummmm.....  Goofy to me.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6863|Sweden

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Makes me wanna watch Demolition Man again
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6798|Malibu

SargeV1.4 wrote:

AK-47 and its 7.62mm wouldn't do anything to the new armor applied to soldiers in BF2142. They are using tungsten core rounds in BF2142 for a reason...
Rogue_granny
+22|6719
Have just read the article in PC Zone (British publication) about Quake Wars Enemy Territory where the reporter got hands on experience of the game and then had to get down to the nitty gritty subject of firing questions at the developers, one of these being what do you think of BF2142. Now the developer returned that 2 years ago Id and splash  announced that they were bringing out this game with concept screenshot ie. battle walkers, flying chopper jet thing-es set in a futuristic battleground and low and behold E.A. announced 6 month after that they would be releasing 2142, which make you think was it really a labor of love, what i mean by this was it really a labor of love like BF2 but merely a quick jump on the ban wagon to get more coin from ourselves after hearing that Splash would be trying to go for a futuristic shooter.
Saying that i do like 2142 but it did not have the same anticipation i was expecting when BF2 came out, of playing an out of this fucking world shooter and to be truthful BF2 did not disappoint but when 2142 came out it was more like another part of the BF series', which i cant say i did for BF2 as i was on the web looking for new screenshots, videos, ect. up to 2 year before it was released. This feeling of anticipation has returned in wait for QW:ET as even the reporter states at the end of his article that this most likely will be one of the most polished shooters out there, E.A. all dollar bill yeah and forgot the fucking love. and i really do think the day of 2142 are numbered once Feb come and Id release their game i think the server for 2142 are going to be pretty empty patrone.

Last edited by Rogue_granny (2006-12-15 08:38:41)

Smoke_Deez
+8|6539
1. If you don't like the music, that is a small gripe, turn it off and crank WTF you want.

2.  Bland maps, seems more like an opinion to me, my opinion is that they are not bland.

3.  Fuck jets/bombers, I am so glad they left those out, yes they were fun to fly, but for the other 28-60 players on the map they suck salty balls (in my opinion). 

-As for 2142 not being all that great, like I said before, it really is just a personal opinion.  Many people do like the game and have given up BF2 for it.  I still play both, though I  play more 2142.  I don't mind running around by myself, but 2142 promotes great squad play, even though most still don't take advantage of that.  2142 is far more balanced in terms of an overall game, i.e. there is no bomber to take out every tank on the map as soon as they are fired up.  Also the lack of jets has also seemed to correlate to the decreased amount of team killing for flying vehicles.  As for the QW:ET, that game does look absolutely ridiculous, if the game play/modes are fun 2142 could quite possibly see its demise.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6688|Edmonton Alberta

Zukabazuka wrote:

If you guys call those transport sheeps you havn't seen what they are capable of, Sure its hitdetection is a bit bad but its sure kill as many as the blackhawk did. The only problem is that you can't really repair it in the air and then you are easy targets for engineer kit but they might have pilum so.
seats 5/7 can repair the air transports while your in the air

and if you have a full transport with a well coordinated crew of engineers and one support guy you are pretty much unstopable..... motion mines for vehicles saaw's for gunships and somebody in f2 on the gun for infantry your pretty much unstopable

and im glad theres no jets as i couldnt fly them worth shit
Zukabazuka
+23|6838
thou only real big problem is those gunships, those missiles are heatseeking now, even against infantry i believe.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6790|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Naw there still shit as ever against infantry, very rare i kill them with the rockets.
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6728

Zukabazuka wrote:

thou only real big problem is those gunships, those missiles are heatseeking now, even against infantry i believe.
They seek aircraft only.  It's damn near impossible to hit infantry with the gunship rockets, because the target is so small, and the splash damage from the rockets is pretty pathetic.  It was much easier to kill infantry with the BF2 chopper's rockets.

Also, I've noticed with the latest patch that the EU gunship is much harder to hit than the PAC gunship for whatever reason.  You can shoot missiles right at it from 30m behind, and they will all miss more often than they hit.  It's really frustrating to be following a really bad pilot, but you have to empty 40 missiles onto it to get a kill.
silentsin
+3|6851

Ayumiz wrote:

Firstly, the music, wth its the 1942 music, although i didnt play 1942, i bet many of us had played it before, why cant they have a nicer music like the one in Bf2. Their loading music included. The one in BF2 sounded abit like the rock genre( correct me if i am wrong)

Thirdly, The number of vehicles in bf2142 is wayyyy too less. Lets compare the flying vehicles in Bf2142. The Doragon and the sheep(whatever they call it, its the transport chopper). Why cant EA/Dice just put in another l33t bomber inside instead of just one attack heli. Even better, supersonic planes that can choose to drop EMP or l33t bombs on infantry. You guys know what types of vehicles are there in BF2 so i dont need to elaborate.

So does anyone agree with me?
i like the music. it's soooo much better than BF2 music, that music gave me a headache (especially with the annoying radio sounds in the background). EDIT: the music in 2142 is NOT the same as 1942.... 1942 had only one song i believe, and i think just about every map in 2142 has a song. or there are at least 4 songs.

the maps are genius in 2142, can't say the same for 2/3 of BF2's maps.

i agree with the vehicles part. they don't have enough. but if they put planes in i will most likely stop playing. that's part of the reason i don't like BF2 anymore.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-12-15 11:49:50)

a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6869|MoVal, Southern California

heggs wrote:

There could be more vehicles.
I agree, there could have been more of a variety of vehicles; a couple of more vehicles would have been satisfying. 

The maps all have their strengths and weaknesses... The only map i don't find myself liking very much is Shuhia Taiba. It's too big, even for a Titan map. You have to haul ass to get from silo to silo, and if you're on foot and no one picks you up in any kind of vehicle, you're screwed.

I actually like the 2142 music. I think they did a good job with the score. My favorite loading songs are from Belgrade and Minsk... they sound epic akin to a movie soundtrack. BF2 only had 2 loading songs, one for MEC theater, the other for the PLA theater. To me, they got annoying after playing so many hours of BF2.

I like 2142; i don't find it boring, and i don't see myself playing any other game for the time being. Sure, Quake wars looks amazing, but  OMFG my comp would melt under the requirements.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6809|UK

Bernadictus wrote:

Now why would they have done that..
what do you mean EXPLAIN???, you may have a point that i am missing
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6774|Gold coast, Aus.
Want colour?

Drop an emp nade at your feet.
Commando
+8|6755
Im disappointed with the music also, its too sombre. It needs to energize you more. I could fall asleep llistening to that music

Also agree that the maps are a bit bland, but I suppose its to go with the theme of the game (ice age etc)

Im happy with the amount vechile options, but i do agree about somones comments that they dont spawn quick enough, especially the battle walker. Half the map goes by and it still hasnt spawned. Jets ruinied BF2 so im glad they arent in this game. If you are in a jet, they are the best thing since sliced bread. if you are not in a jet, you curse them all game. You have idiots who Tk and hop around the spawn point like rabbits hoping to get in when it spawns, only to have some retard teammate snipe you to death becasue he cant handle the fact he didnt get it
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6772|InGerLand
i agree more vehicles and a bit more quality on textures would be good
but i did like the 1942 loading music and the MEC load music on BF2 got on my nerves so much...
i always wanted to have a map where we fight on an oil rig or something, a big fantasy style oil rig and small surrounding islands, i dno maybe i just think modern combat would have worked so well on PC

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard