sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6757|Argentina
Humans Timeline:

-100k years ago the first Homo sapiens appeared.
-11k years ago Human population 5M.
-AD 1: Human population 150M.
-AD1835: Human population 1 billion.
-AD2006: Human population 6,6 billion.

Most biologists believe that we are at this moment at the beginning of a tremendously accelerated anthropogenic mass extinction, and they estimate that at current rates of human destruction of the biosphere, one-half of all species of life will be extinct in 100 years.

Are Humans reproducing too fast?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
Yes they're reproducing too fast. Developed economies are seeing replacement or less than replacement levels of reproduction though. Unfortunately most of the worlds economies are grossly underdeveloped.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

CameronPoe wrote:

Yes they're reproducing too fast.
Don't you mean "we're"?
link52787
+29|6521
tell every guy to wear the love glove.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6643|United States - Illinois
humans = exponential growth
+
resources =geometric progression
=
overpopulation
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6643|United States - Illinois

link52787 wrote:

How will they spread AIDS in Africa then?

Last edited by Colfax (2006-12-15 05:38:24)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6707|NL
With 2 kids the population stays the same. With 1 or 0 the population takes 'down'. With 3,4 etc. the population will increase, the more kids the faster.

Country's that aren't really technological on a high level still think that getting much kids gives them a better life, thought its the opposite. More mouths to feed than money comes in.

Ok... its clear ... i need some more information about this...
link52787
+29|6521

Colfax wrote:

link52787 wrote:

How will they spread AIDS in Africa then?
<tapping my head>  Right, right, always with the AIDS I always forget about that.
adam1503
+85|6388|Manchester, UK
I remember reading in New Scientist once upon a time that the global human population is expected to peak within the next few decades at about 8 billion (i think that was the figure, I cant find the article in question), and after that it will drop slightly and then level out becoming relatively stable.  But I do think we are not careful enough about the strain we are putting on the planet with the size of our population and our massive consumption of the earth's resources.  If we do not take more care of our planet, then the shit will hit the fan very soon.

Last edited by adam1503 (2006-12-15 05:44:41)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
In Britain we aren't producing fast enough.  Were like a bunch of friggin' pandas.  We have an aging population problem.

To many old people and not enough young ones.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6388|New York
we, as the human race, really need to slow the hell down with reproducing offspring. like others have said, the planet can only support so many lifeforms, and we're probably getting pretty close to that threshold.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard