MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6385|San Jose CA.
I don't fly so it's all the same to me....
Jedikiah
+6|6442
Instead of forcing them to land to rearm.. I suggest this

A) increase the power of surface to air missiles ( so it doesn't require 3 or 4 to down a plane )

OR

B) put a limit on the fuel range which would require landing to refuel.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6842

markzed wrote:

I reckon that it would be better if they had to land, press a button to perform a 180 degree direction switch then wait for as long as a typical repair before taking off.

This would;

a) Reduce the scoring blowouts by experienced jet whores. It would take them longer to get back into baseraping position. It would balance out the overall scoring.

b) Increases their vulnerability period (ie. stationary on the tarmac).

c) Increase the realism.

d) Improve relations amongst jet whores (whores get a better rotation because you're bound to get TK'd when you land for a re-arm = new pilot.

* Squad members could possibly defend the plane for points (similar to flag).
* You could even force an Engineer to repair, which means you need an Eng. in your squad.

What do you think?
one word "no"
I don't even fly and I think it is gay. Because they planes would be useless
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6362|None ya

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Yes.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Fail.

No.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647

evilcartman99 wrote:

The only way that could be pulled off is if EA fixed the whole jet thing. Landing is near impossible on a runway as it is and speed control sucks. The plane itself would have to be more realistic.
um.... landing is simple. People wouldn't even bitch about jets if they were easy to use. But since they take some talent, people want them removed from the game so they can stop getting owned by them.
markzed
+5|6381

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

ummm... landing is simple. People wouldn't even bitch about jets if they were easy to use. But since they take some talent, people want them removed from the game so they can stop getting owned by them.
I don't want them removed - they add a nice element of fear to the game - I just just want them to be fair.

To me, fair means not being strafed and killed 15 seconds after being strafed and killed at my uncap.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA

Yaocelotl wrote:

no
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
I just want a reliable defense against them. Currently, there is none.
VANDULLIZER
+0|6337|United Kingdom, Derbyshire
it's a good idea to cut down on jet whores ruining the game for newer (and experienced) players, but its a bad idea because it would deter less experienced pilots.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6549|USA bitches!

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Yes.
servo
+7|6641
My biggest gripe is how on Wake and others where there's a carrier, you can be manning the defense guns ,and the plane can come in and kill you with a strafe of BULLETS before he's even on your radar, so you can't defend yourself.  That's complete bullshit, and then of course it takes 3 or 4 missiles to take down the plane.   It's whack to say the least.
markzed
+5|6381

servo wrote:

My biggest gripe is how on Wake and others where there's a carrier, you can be manning the defense guns ,and the plane can come in and kill you with a strafe of BULLETS before he's even on your radar, so you can't defend yourself.  That's complete bullshit, and then of course it takes 3 or 4 missiles to take down the plane.   It's whack to say the least.
Fair point.
It would be nice if the range of the carrier AA was longer by about 15%. Just to let you get one in before you die.
Robbie77
hammer time!
+26|6331|Toronto Canada
nes
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
yeah but its VERY hard to land a plane in bf2
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6471

TigerXtrm wrote:

Janysc wrote:

cohen1976 wrote:

Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

henno13 wrote:

yeah but its VERY hard to land a plane in bf2
Really ? Even I may do ; btw , never crashed a jet while landing . It's plain & simple .
In my opinion , the only thing that may deal with jets in BF2 is TGM AA missile , like SA-3 ( or whatever ) in DC . It would take skill , but it will also land this bitches very quickly, even if it would take 2 hits to kill jet

Last edited by Longbow (2007-01-07 01:40:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard