Janysc wrote:

cohen1976 wrote:

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6559|Hungary
No !
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
ok then..... protect planes from everything your own team can fire at you and I'll land, fair enough?
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6444|California

TigerXtrm wrote:

no

Janysc wrote:

no

cohen1976 wrote:

no
no

Last edited by RandomSchl (2006-12-16 13:31:18)

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6552
Anyone that says yes to this is too lazy to learn to whore jets anyways so their word doesnt matter HAHA
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6350|Iowa...

markzed wrote:

I reckon that it would be better if they had to land, press a button to perform a 180 degree direction switch then wait for as long as a typical repair before taking off.

This would;

a) Reduce the scoring blowouts by experienced jet whores. It would take them longer to get back into baseraping position. It would balance out the overall scoring.

b) Increases their vulnerability period (ie. stationary on the tarmac).

c) Increase the realism.

d) Improve relations amongst jet whores (whores get a better rotation because you're bound to get TK'd when you land for a re-arm = new pilot.

* Squad members could possibly defend the plane for points (similar to flag).
* You could even force an Engineer to repair, which means you need an Eng. in your squad.

What do you think?
no,and that's coming from an infantry player.jet whores really don't blow out everyone else in most cases.i usually stay right up with or come out ahead of them most rounds.if they had to land to re-arm then

a)they'd make extremely easy targets
and
b)they'd have to go back to the runway and stop every 2 minutes,making them pretty much useless
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6413|da ville, va
The only way that could be pulled off is if EA fixed the whole jet thing. Landing is near impossible on a runway as it is and speed control sucks. The plane itself would have to be more realistic.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland
No, it would be rdidiculous if I had to land and wait to get more ammo. Would take all the fun out of flying.
This is not a simulator, this is just another FPS and doesn't need any realism that takes fun away from the game.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada
If you were to make it more "realistic" by that, you should add a bigger blast radius to the bombs. making them more "realistic".
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
N fuckin' O
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6523|the Netherlands
i'd say NO too...
my idea : Pilot Class /Kitt + AIRFIELD or CARRIER that has planes for ALL players ... you have to run to your plane that has YOUR NAME on it so it wil be Packed on the airstrip or flight deck of the carrier and we can all have a nice airshow (difficult with the two seaters of course but i solved that problem... only squadmembers can join a pilot of a Bomber ... as gunner/co-pilot
https://www.sfondideldesktop.com/Images-Misc/Military/Aircraft-Carrier/Aircraft-Carrier-0004/Aircraft-Carrier-0004.jpg
any thoughts ??
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6527|Belgium

mmm they would first drop bombs, then fly around till main gun is empty and then crash into a full blackhawk to get those 6 other kills so I would say no too.
Mafia47
+27|6741|Chicago
how about EA and dice make a map where theres 2 ships and 100 planes and all you do is fly around ramming the transport helecoptors and then go cry when someone steals your special ship with your special name
47man
+46|6424|Cali
It's been suggested before and it's still stupid for the same reasons.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6413|Michigan, USA

random opinion: should have started this topic with a poll to more easily grasp what the BF2S community thinks
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada

Mafia47 wrote:

how about EA and dice make a map where theres 2 ships and 100 planes and all you do is
You just reminded me about DC NO FLY ZONE. That map was fricking great.
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

RandomSchl wrote:

TigerXtrm wrote:

no

Janysc wrote:

no
no
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6527|Milkystania, yurop

Janysc wrote:

cohen1976 wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

no
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land

markzed wrote:

Spiers.ckz wrote:

We like the game the way it is!
Based on the complaint threads and patches, it seems like 'we' is a minority.
nah, just most of us are too lazy to bother posting.  EA was talking about doing that last year and it never happened, and it won't happen ever.  Not to mention its just a plain retarted idea, and it would cause everyone to just fly jets then jump out when they bomb.  No fun at all.
turkeybacon
+50|6446|Dragon Valley

Ki][mE wrote:

yes!

finally someone with a brain. EA get the realism back into the game!
OK, then ditch the unlimited ammo support guys, ditch the life reviving medics, ditch the heal packs, ditch the "it takes a couple .50 cal bullets to kill", ditch the pussy ass cannons on jets/helos and replace them with REAL cannons, I could go on here. This game is not that realistic, if you make certain changes (like landing jets), then you repairing a humvee/tank/helo with a wrench should be gone, you should never be revived when you're shot dead, you should limp when you get shot in the leg, AT rockets would kill anything with one shot, tank rockets would tear apart buildings and soldiers would get crushed by debris....
butcher.LSN
+0|6342
hell no, imagine: you are trying to land damn jet ( i use a keyboard - pain in ass to land), and some bastard comes right on your 6 and shuts you down while you are droping your speed, even a chopper can desrtoy you on low speed.

but idea is not that bad, makes the game a bit real
commissargizz
+123|6464| Heaven
This should have been a poll. YES YES YES, I think they should land, even if only for a short time. Maybe less jet whoring.
markzed
+5|6381
Some of the points that the 'no' voters raise are valid. Thanks for everyones input.

Perhaps the answer lies in making anti-air a little easier (or prevalent). It might make the baseraping a high risk occupation and allow games to get started fairly.
eagles1106
+269|6584|Marlton, New Jersey.
You know what?  The game is realistic.  In real life planes rape all and are at the top of the food chain.  So "jet whores" as you call them should be getting tons of points.  And if this did happen, I would be very pissed because I love flying, especially because in the past 2-4 months I've gotten very skilled at it.

Im very content.  In fact I just had a 55-4 round in the mig 29 not 2 hours ago.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-12-16 23:09:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard