~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6539|Internetfitlerland

Why dont we just spam them with Chuy's message?  Sure it might not help very much, but it will make me feel better.
Ess
Banned
+5|6628
Its just classic EA :
They knew from BF1942 that mods like DC,  FH were better than their original product and more popular, so to nulify that threat for BF2,  they introduced the rank system and refused to allow the mod community an even chance of attracting the millions of casual players. This is the exact opposite if the philosophy of companies such as ID

Here they have simply denied the community access to their stats because they know that the community generally does things better than they do

: Rather than improve their own product, they simply refuse to offer any help at all to those who compete with them, So rather than give a fk any more I will simply avoid any future EA titles like the plague.
Delphy
+45|6587|Bristol, UK
Can you not hack the stats out of them somehow? And yeah, fuck EA. I wish we had a good publisher instead of these fuckwits.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I wonder how practical it is to scrape their site.

Its ashame, they have been like this. Drying their community will dry up their creativity. Lets not forget, bf2 was not popular because of some great idea from their internal creativity; a group made a mod called desert combat for 1942 that far more popular than their core game.

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-12-14 04:16:08)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia
Those people who are responsible for providing the feed are fools.

Can't they see there is a desire for stats, as proven by the polularity of this website, whose initial purpost was for stats?

Out of intrest Jeff, how about many hits does this website recieve each day for stats?

Best of luck,
Mcminty.
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States
Its funny how EA stole the "graph" idea from bf2s and the buddy leaderboard idea from bf2s on their official site and still dont want to give a stats feed to us.
Entertayner
+826|6572

They need to give this game to Relic and THQ (makers of Company of Heroes) then imagine what kinda game we'd get.  EA/Dice are just fuckwits.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

Entertayner wrote:

They need to give this game to Relic and THQ (makers of Company of Heroes) then imagine what kinda game we'd get.  EA/Dice are just fuckwits.
Or Steam/Valve...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York
i suppose it wouldn't be such a big deal if EA's stat site wasn't so fucking inferior. everyone here can agree with me when i say that the only stats site that had a feed (2142stats.com) was set up in a much better format than the EA site. i don't think EA realizes that we check their site for stats ONLY because we have to. if they released the feed, they'd get absolutely no traffic at all.

piss on them. they should get their ideas from Relic.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Salinity1
+2|6346
Why in the HELL does this site, possibly the best thing that ever happened to this game, have to beg for EA's support?  They should be closer now than they ever were before thanks to 2142, but instead EA seems to have decided to spit on making use of existing community websites.  Does anyone there realize how DAMN HARD setting up something like BF2S is FROM SCRATCH, and not only making it popular, but actually thriving?  Still?  What, 1 - 2 years after the game was first released and in the face of the release of the next game? 

If BF2 becomes ultimately bigger than BF2142 I'd put money on community sites like this one having a lot to do with it, not just any gameplay differences.  Assuming that EA doesn't start suing people for running BF2 servers.

Every time I have read about EA in the last year (about the time I started reading anything about EA at all), it was (and still is) the same story repeated.  1) No-one at ground level likes your company and do not trust it period.  2) Sure, you're a company with the interest of making money off your captive customer base while expanding it, but by and large any faith put in your product is unfounded, or at least overcharged.  3) That the state of events is not going to change in the foreseeable future.  In fact what you do next is likely to be worse than expected.

I can't speak for those on this site but this inaction on your part to change how the public views your brand is customer disservice on a huge level.  If no-one has been fired yet, start.  If you honestly were going to start a similar tracking site for 2142, why the hell wasn't it ready for, say, the month it was released?  Not 3 months after the game was released, not the following year, and certainly not when you already have sites like this one screaming for access for the information you can't apparently provide, but they can.  How can that be even be POSSIBLE? 

Good luck Chuy et al
I'd like to point out this is the first post I have made on this site.

-Salinity1

Last edited by Salinity1 (2006-12-14 05:29:02)

venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
In my opinion EA dont got financial problems like other game companies.First of all "we" the community is buying Bf2 then Sf then Boosterpacks (what should be for FREE) and some teams or clans pay a lot for ranked servers just because they are ranked and it makes some more data traffic.
Why dont we get more ?
Some noob patches that fucks up the game and now they give us a map called Jalalabad and they think huh okey you guys got something for free so stfu.
We cant do much more only buying the Bf2 products legal of course and giving ideas what should they change or what should be added to the game.Our wishes would make the game better...
But as i see EA or DICE is giving a flying fuck about the community's thoughts and ideas or wishes.A good game developer group would ask and make things what would make the users happy.
Not like EA is doing when he acts like this...he is working against himslef in time...he will loose the community and the customers !!
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

This paints an uglier face of Dice/EA for me. They should be thanking you, and the other community leaders, for helping boost BF2's popularity, giving common place for BF2 players to meet, and so on. I wouldn't have found nearly as many friends from BF2 as I have from here, and you're all great to play with. I wouldn't have found anyone at any EA/Dice site. EA BF2 forums only have whiney bitches there.

Whatever they have to say is bullshit. Just does not make any sense. Chuy, +1 for your efforts.

And I agree with Venom, boosters should have been free:o
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

BURN THEM!!!!! MUHAHAHA! No, seriously, it is a shame, shame for EA/DICE. Are they really so f*cking retarded? I know that they care only their money, but why not to listen to community sometimes as others do?

I don't really care about 2142 stats because I'm not and definitely wont buy that crap, but I feel sorry for all the others, who are trying to get that game more attractive. Why Chuy and others must fight with them(EA)? Stand up and spam them if you really care! Show them how much of people there are waiting for something which should be a standard.

It is my last game I have from EA/DICE...

cheers
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

What a bunch of dicks. Good luck getting support Chuy.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6724|Oregon
i think this needed to be said. good job.

one of our clan members who works for BFPirates is trying to convince them he could be a go-between from clans and mods to DICE. hopefully more positions like this will increase the community-developer relationship.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK

R3v4n wrote:

can we have the contact email, and spam them?
ditto

Also, if there was an 'official' petition to sign, I'd sign it!
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6621|Cork, Ireland
We're all behind you Chuy. Good luck!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Good luck in your efforts. EA are total jerks, with no sense of what is best for their games. I've said this many times and I say it again: If companies like Valve can do well while giving great community support and keeping their games up to date even after 2 years of it being out, why can't multi-million dollar giant EA do the same? DICE should never have signed off to EA, they should've jumped to Valve =/
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

I say nail 'em.
Nail them so hard that they wont be able to get back up from the blow. They deserve it.
How dare they? These communities keep the Battlefield series running, without us they would be crying in a little corner.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6690|UK
Fuck 2142. I'm never buying it because it sucks. The amount of research I've had to do on EA in the last year is insane and given me good reason NOT to buy another EA product
Brasso
+1,549|6632

GJ Chuy.  I really enjoy getting stats from your site in particular (it's the only one I use) rather than having to start up the game.  If they truly cared about their customers, they would have a public stat feed out, stat.  I really hope this letter will persuade them to do so.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6648
I think you guys are severely overreacting. You can still view your stats on the EA site and in BFHQ just fine. You guys are acting like this is the end of the world, when it is really insignificant. If EA announced that BF2142 would no longer have stat-tracking at all, I would consider that worth bitching over. But this really is nothing and does not affect my everyday life or my enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-14 09:49:07)

Deadman
+34|6444|England

Salinity1 wrote:

Why in the HELL does this site, possibly the best thing that ever happened to this game, have to beg for EA's support?

Hellogoodsir wrote:

This paints an uglier face of Dice/EA for me. They should be thanking you, and the other community leaders, for helping boost BF2's popularity, giving common place for BF2 players to meet, and so on. I wouldn't have found nearly as many friends from BF2 as I have from here, and you're all great to play with.
These 2 quotes say it all. You're right on guys.

EA has kicked its self in the bollocks in full view of the BF community, shamed its self beyond belief.
I find it hard to believe that they refuse to release the stat feed, what kind of dumb marketing and customer relations stunts is this?
DestinedTConquer
[sec8] Member
+12|6657|Netherlands
First the stupid adds, now this

EA SUCKS!
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6648

Deadman wrote:

EA has kicked its self in the bollocks in full view of the BF community, shamed its self beyond belief.
Listen to yourself, man. Shamed itself beyond belief!? This is not that big of a deal.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-14 11:03:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard