HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6742|The Lou

plastic_budgie wrote:

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

plastic_budgie wrote:

A guy is in a prison cell there is no way out i mean no way even if you nuked it only a door is the way to escape. now to get passed the door he need's a wooden key the key is in a hole in the middle of the cell he put's his arm down and he is 3 inches away from getting it how does he get it. ? my grandad told me this today lol quite ironic.
Does he piss in the hole? Therefore making the key rise?
Wooo Winner! lol yeah !
haha g1
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6714

T1g3r217 wrote:

1) Four people enter a store. They spend a hundred dollars each, and in total, they spend 300 dollars. Name the four people.

2) Why is "I" like New Delhi?

GL
#1) One of the people is Ben Franklin (on the $100 bill)?
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6462|Alberta, Canada

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

T1g3r217 wrote:

2) Why is "I" like New Delhi? GL
Because it's a capital.
I want you to tell me this is the correct answer lol.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6798|Toronto | Canada

Ekfud wrote:

Riddle on logic & reasoning -

You have two glasses of water on a table in front of you - one will bring you everlasting life, the other is a lethal poison.

There are two barmen behind the table - of which you are allowed to ask either of them 1 question to help you chose the right glass. However, while one of them will always tell the truth; the other is an automatic liar (you don't get to tell which is which).

What question can you ask to work out which is the correct glass to drink from?
You could tell them to drink from one of the two glasses, but i guess thats not a question...

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2006-12-12 19:28:54)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6498|King Of The Islands

But you can only ask one question.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6735|Kingswood Country
Yep - you just burnt the 1 question asking about the table.
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6462|Alberta, Canada
The question I have to the guy who asked the riddle is-
Do the bartenders have the glasses infront of eachother?  As in there's the truthful one and he has the poison, while the liar has the everlasting glass?

Or are the glasses just put beside eachother with no indication one belongs to either or the bartenders?
Heavy_Guns_91
+72|6462|Alberta, Canada
Hey, I think I've got it...

Point to one of the glasses and say "Take a sip."
heh.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
Getting there... re-read the riddle about the hats at the start of the thread and it might give you some ideas.

Position of the glasses doesn't matter. Just 2 guys and 2 glasses in front of you.

Short one in the meantime - If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? (eg, 1 = 'O-N-E').

Edit: damn - 90 seconds from posting to correct response.

Last edited by Ekfud (2006-12-12 19:38:14)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Ekfud wrote:

Getting there... re-read the riddle about the hats at the start of the thread and it might give you some ideas.

Position of the glasses doesn't matter. Just 2 guys and 2 glasses in front of you.

Short one in the meantime - If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? (eg, 1 = 'O-N-E').
One Thousand
chittydog
less busy
+586|6894|Kubra, Damn it!

Ask one bartender which glass the second bartender would tell him was poison, then take the opposite. If he's a liar, he'll reverse what the honest one would tell you. If he's the honest one, he'll truthfully tell you the lie that the liar would have told you.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

chittydog wrote:

Ask one bartender which glass the second bartender would tell him was poison, then take the opposite. If he's a liar, he'll reverse what the honest one would tell you. If he's the honest one, he'll truthfully tell you the lie that the liar would have told you.
Good call
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
Bingo - +1 chitty.
chittydog
less busy

Thanks! Tig3r's 4 people in a store riddle still has me stumped as hell.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
4 the store riddle -

1 of the 4 is the store owner? (or is that too obvious?)
bs6749
+3|6803
1. A man's head travelled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?

One possible answer... the man was decapitated after being dead and someone put his head more than 30 feet from the rest of his body. He was already dead so no harm was done to him.
chittydog
less busy

I think ekfud got it right with his rotation-on-an-axis theory. Too bad splinter seems to be gone for the night.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

No... It is his shadow
bs6749
+3|6803
A shadow is not the actual head.
chittydog
less busy

SplinterStrike wrote:

No. The man is indeed a human being. It also states that he was unharmed. Keep going man!
Don't think it's a shadow. He said it's a human.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6757

Here's one that I haven't figured out...So here goes.

A man in New York witnesses a new report on TV, there was a woman in Colorado that died in an avalanche. The man jumps and and exclaims "That's no accident, she was murdered!" How does the man know? He doesn't know the woman, but it has something to do with his job.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-12-12 20:15:22)

Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6643|Vic, Australia

SplinterStrike wrote:

1. A man's head travelled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?
He traveled around the world, Since his head is higher than his feet, the circle his head went around was more than 30ft bigger than the circle his feet went around.

Last edited by Plisken (2006-12-12 20:18:11)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6757

Plisken wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

He traveled around the world, Since his head is higher than his feet, the circle his head went around was more than 30ft bigger than the circle his feet went around.
Wouldn't he have to be thirty feet tall?
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6643|Vic, Australia

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Plisken wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

No,
eg, go measure the distance around on the inside of a tyre and then measure the outside of it, which is bigger.Then you would have to magnify this several hundred times till it is the size of the earth, etc etc

Last edited by Plisken (2006-12-12 20:26:58)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6757

Plisken wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Plisken wrote:

No,
eg, go measure the distance around on the inside of a tyre and then measure the outside of it, which is bigger.
Yes yes, but if the man was six feet tall, wouldn't it be just a six foot difference?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard