Durk_Diggler
+0|6751
I just bought SF and have it installed with the newest 1.12 patch also.  I can play BF2 single and multi and I can play SF single player.  But I can't join a multi game of SF for some reason.  Every time I've tried to join a server (of which I've tried several) it just gives me some message to the effect of "This server only allows players with unmodified content to join this game.  Revert to a previous version of Battlefield 2 to join."  Like I said, that's from memory, not verbatim.  But that's the gist of it.  I have no idea what this could mean.  Anyone else have a similar problem and find a way around it?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6791|AUS, Canberra
did you install the patch after SF if not you need to do that.
otherwise there is some other threads here with answers for that, try a search.
DanKicker
+0|6790|Canada
Mh, I didn't heard about it, is ur pb updated and activated? Cause that could be it maybe
Durk_Diggler
+0|6751
I actually installed the patch (1.12) before I bought SF.  Then I installed SF and I can't get it to work.  So you're saying reinstall the 1.12 patch and that should get'er to work?
DanKicker
+0|6790|Canada
Ohh I thought you re-installed the patch after you installed SF. Yes you need to re-install the patch because the 1.12 help connections between the game and the add-on. So if you don't install the patch after SF installed, the connections aren't made. You got your answer!
IGT-:-Maverick
+3|6796|UK
Yes SF makes the game version v1.1 so you need to reinstall the patch.  Here is a quote from EA's website:

"If you've installed the 1.12 update to the "core" Battlefield 2 product and then installed Battlefield 2: Special Forces afterwards, you will need to re-apply the 1.12 update to be able to play on the new 1.12 Servers"

Hope this helps mate
Durk_Diggler
+0|6751
You guys gave me the answer I needed before EA tech support AND before Gamespot forums.  You rule!
+3|6796|UK
anytime bro
DanKicker
+0|6790|Canada

Durk_Diggler wrote:

You guys gave me the answer I needed before EA tech support AND before Gamespot forums.  You rule!
Lol the thing you have to do know is read forums and if there is a question you know the answer, then reply. That's why it's so fast. If everyone would just ask questions and tell no answers.. . It would suck.

So, do what you can to help others
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6830|Nårvei

"This server only allows players with unmodified content to join this game.  Revert to a previous version of Battlefield 2 to join."

*Aaaaargh*

I have installed SF - then i downloaded the 1.12 patch from EA-downloader and installed it. Still i get this on every server i try to join :-(

Then i deleted SF and reinstalled it - then could only play single missions. Next step i installed the patch again with the same result that i cant join multiplayer games *sigh*

Tried the patch again and rebooted before i started the game and still with the same result *&/%#¤/&¤*

Got no "Errors" while installing either game nor the patch. Where the %¤%&¤ do i go from here ?

And how is it possible that a major company like EA can make such problems for us gamers in this manor, i have never encountered problems like this in any other game before !!!!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
+3|6796|UK
Can you join multiplayer games on standard BF2?  It sounds like you might need to reinstall BF2 as well.
Jodah3
+1|6759
I agree, uninstall everything and reinstall in this order: Original BF2, SF, patch 1.12.  It could be that you have a bad registry value or that some checksum isn't coming out quite right.

But thousands of people have installed SF correctly with no problems, so I wouldn't scream at EA just yet.  Chances are the majority of these problems are OS issues because peeps who have no idea what their doing try and be cool with all the latest l337 tweaks flying around the net.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6830|Nårvei

Well, problem solved :-)))))))))

Just reinstalled the game 4 times before it worked properly *sigh*

So if u`re stuck my solution was to delete BF2 and BF2:SF (remember that u dont delete the profiles folder, u have to tick it manually if u want it gone)

Then reinstall BF2, BF2:SF and then the 1.12 patch.

I`m still kinda annoyed with EA, they could beta-test their patches and expansion a tad better before release.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
BudRell
+2|6858|Home
bullshit...that solves nothing...

I have installed SF and after that the 1.12 patch.
I can play on BF2 servers and SOME of the SF servers.
Mostly the game whines "This server only allows players with unmodified content to join this game.  Revert to a previous version of Battlefield 2 to join." when trying to join SF servers.
So it MUST have something to do with SERVER update.

So installing over and over again is not the answer.
They must really be stupid at EA if they give that as a solution.

"Wank the update and all original games about 100 times, install and uninstall, thats normal for our games. btw we do not pay when you tilt your hard disk and original CD:s..."

EDIT: ...but they are that stupid. That is exactly their "technical help" answer...omg what loosers...

Last edited by BudRell (2005-12-03 21:53:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard