$niperkiller
+4|6432|NH
In your opinion whats is the best CPU heatsink/fan combo?
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6395|Indianapolis, IN
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6671
Zalamn hands down.

I have owned the one above and prefer this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6835118119

It also throws air on your NB and cools the mobo.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

Stealth42o wrote:

Zalamn hands down.

I have owned the one above and prefer this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6835118119

It also throws air on your NB and cools the mobo.
I haven't actually had experience with it, but I would also recommend the Zalman. Zalman is truly king of the air cooled world.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6641|Deep In The South Of Texas
For the money, nothing can touch the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro.

http://www.3dxtreme.org/index.php?id=acfreezer64pro1

At this point the Zalman CNPS9500 bowed out. It was able to prime the Opteron 146 up to 2.90 Ghz but was unable to maintain prime stability any further while using the CNPS9500.....
The Big Typhoon and the Arctic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro managed to battle it out both pulling off the same maximum stable overclock!
The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro impressed us from the start - from it's easy installation to the outstanding overclocked stability results.
Not only did it deliver temperatures on par with the Big Typhoon (regarded as the best air cooler at this time), but it allowed for a stable overclock.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6671

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

For the money, nothing can touch the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro.

http://www.3dxtreme.org/index.php?id=acfreezer64pro1

At this point the Zalman CNPS9500 bowed out. It was able to prime the Opteron 146 up to 2.90 Ghz but was unable to maintain prime stability any further while using the CNPS9500.....
The Big Typhoon and the Arctic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro managed to battle it out both pulling off the same maximum stable overclock!
The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro impressed us from the start - from it's easy installation to the outstanding overclocked stability results.
Not only did it deliver temperatures on par with the Big Typhoon (regarded as the best air cooler at this time), but it allowed for a stable overclock.
It is a nice hs, however there have been problems with the rubber fan mounts:

" The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro is a great lower-noise AMD Athlon64 socket 754/939/940 heatsink, but there are a couple other heatsinks which one-up it. If noise is not a consideration for your system, there are a half a dozen other heatsinks to select from which yield much lower temperatures, but with drastically higher noise output. The 2200RPM Arctic Cooling fan doesn't generate too much noise, but it is not a silent solution when running at stock speeds either. We've mentioned our concerns about the lifespan of the rubber dualaxial fan mounts, but without firm information either way on that question there really is no reason not to enjoy the benefits that the Freezer 64 Pro heatsink potentially has to offer."

All and all a great HS as well.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6641|Deep In The South Of Texas

Stealth42o wrote:

It is a nice hs, however there have been problems with the rubber fan mounts:

" The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro is a great lower-noise AMD Athlon64 socket 754/939/940 heatsink, but there are a couple other heatsinks which one-up it. If noise is not a consideration for your system, there are a half a dozen other heatsinks to select from which yield much lower temperatures, but with drastically higher noise output. The 2200RPM Arctic Cooling fan doesn't generate too much noise, but it is not a silent solution when running at stock speeds either. We've mentioned our concerns about the lifespan of the rubber dualaxial fan mounts, but without firm information either way on that question there really is no reason not to enjoy the benefits that the Freezer 64 Pro heatsink potentially has to offer."

All and all a great HS as well.
There have been concerns about the mounts, but I've not come across any reports of actual problems with them.

The half a dozen better coolers mentioned cost a fair bit more than the Freezer 64, and don't offer a drastic difference in temperatures to justify the extra $$$.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6549|EUtopia | Austria
The Arctic Cooling series are best value for money. When buying a Zalman, you rather pay that there's written Zalman than that you pay cooling power. Also, the numbers behind the Zalmans are not impressive at all.

Still, if you have lots of cash to spend, buy a Noctua NH-U12F with an additional NF-S12-1200. That costs a little bit, but the two fans blow such a shitload of air through the cooling fins... blah, test it out, you'll be amazed.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

Scythe Infinity or Zalman CNPS 9700 LED FTW! I got Zalman 7000B-cu right now tho. 9700 is one of the best air coolers out there just like scythe Infinity and that noctua, stormscythe
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6623|Cherry Pie
My computer might just be really cool, but here are the max and min temperatures I get...

Hightest I have ever seen is 117 F which is 47.222 C.

Lowest I have ever seen is 90 F which is 32.222 C.

Maybe my comp just runs really cool I guess though.  Here are the fans I have...

(2) Yate Loon D12SL-12 120mm Real Silent Case Fan
* For these I removed the 3.5 inch floppy covers on my case and placed a fan in the slot area on top of my hard drives (keeps the HDs really cool).  You can feel it sucking the air through the hole.   And then I also put a fan on the rear of my case.
(2) 80mm fans (came with my Computer case (X-dreamer))  One is on the top and one on the side pointed at the processor fan.
(1) Normal AMD processor fan.

I guess AMD X2 processors must run really cool.  You can check out my other hardware on the bottom of my sig. 

I would personally buy that fan just because it looks bad-ass...
slo5oh
+28|6660
add one more vote for the AC Freezer 64 pro.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6469|New York

misconfiguration wrote:

Zalman 9500 FTW!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6835118223

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard