bucfan609
+9|6364|Queen Creek, AZ USA
Hey all,

I would like to become a better gunner. When you use TV missiles, do you constantly click the target to make sure you hit? Also, is there a way to spot the players in the stingers like you can on a bombing run with a jet?

Thanks in advance.

[QCP][SW]bucfan609

bucfan609 on xfire
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6609|Reisterstown, MD

Being a gunner in the bomber jets is a lot of fun imo.  You actually don't have to wait for the "I have a lock on him" message to pop up.  If your pilot is angled slightly downward, you can guide your missle with your mouse to any spot you want.  I have take out choppers, other jets, people on the ground, the Essex, and people on the carrier waiting for jets/choppers to spawn.  It takes a little practice with the TV missile tho. 
Brasso
+1,549|6648

1) Don't click like a kid with ADD if you actually want to hit the target.
2) Use JoyToKey or something like that to bind your joystick trigger to a mouse click.  Then you'll just have to hit Q on the keyboard, and press the joystick trigger button.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-12-12 13:40:24)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
chittydog
less busy
+586|6853|Kubra, Damn it!

Lot's o' great stuff in here: http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/gu … k-choppers

Personally, I do better with the TV if I just click a few times rather than clicking constantly. That constant clicking makes me oversteer and miss more often. And no, there's no way to lock on to the stingers in a heli. You just have to line them up or TV guide right into them.
killer21

haffeysucks wrote:

2) Use JoyToKey or something like that to bind your joystick trigger to a mouse click.  Then you'll just have to hit Q on the keyboard, and press the joystick trigger button.
So what you are saying is that with that little program, moving a TV missile with your mouse will be as simple as using the analog stick of your ps2 controller?
=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187
+14|6368
Yes never shoot ground infantry with TV waist of fkn time and TV. Hit your map key when you fly in Helli it will show you which AA's are being used and which ones are not. How you ask, simple the ones that show have no one in an,d the ones that don't show well you guessed it And practice solo gunning worked for me

Oh and keep clicking till you hit your target unless your angle of fire looks good.

Last edited by =*RSA*=SiKFuK_187 (2006-12-12 13:45:37)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

killer21 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

So what you are saying is that with that little program, moving a TV missile with your mouse will be as simple as using the analog stick of your ps2 controller?
Yeah, heard about it. Apparently its not all that great though unless you are confident on how to use it. I like to click, takes more skill.
Brasso
+1,549|6648

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

killer21 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Yeah, heard about it. Apparently its not all that great though unless you are confident on how to use it. I like to click, takes more skill.
Um, no.  I explained it right there.  I set the joystick button to be the same as a mouse click.  This way, I can hit Q and spot other jets, choppers, etc. so I can find them when I turn around.  Did you not read?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-12-12 13:48:53)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Simon
basically
+838|6676|UK

haffeysucks wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Um, no.  I explained it right there.  I set the joystick button to be the same as a mouse click.  This way, I can hit Q and spot other jets, choppers, etc. so I can find them when I turn around.  Did you not read?
no
Brasso
+1,549|6648

Simon wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

no
Wow, that was cool.  Let me be your friend Simon, I want to be so awesome like you!
killer21

haffeysucks wrote:

No, I am incapable of deciphering small words and numbers.  Thanks for clearing that up for me though.  You obviously have a very large intellect.
Brasso
+1,549|6648

killer21 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

No, I am incapable of deciphering small words and numbers.  Thanks for clearing that up for me though.  You obviously have a very large intellect.
No problem.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

haffeysucks wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

killer21 wrote:

I did read but misunderstood it with something else. Do you have to be so hostile...geeeez

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2006-12-12 13:59:09)

fightingw/outfightng.
my missiles go further than yours
+11|6369

haffeysucks wrote:

That explanation sucks
Brasso
+1,549|6648

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I did read but misunderstood it with something else. Do you have to be so hostile...geeeez
Not hostile towards you.  Killer21 seems to hate my guts somehow, though.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6470

bucfan609 wrote:

Hey all,

I would like to become a better gunner. When you use TV missiles, do you constantly click the target to make sure you hit? Also, is there a way to spot the players in the stingers like you can on a bombing run with a jet?

Thanks in advance.

[QCP][SW]bucfan609

bucfan609 on xfire
I've found that it helps to lead the target quite a bit and let the target come to the missile, rather than trying to chase a target down with multiple clicks.  I usually lead way ahead of the target to launch the missile, then use maybe one or two additional clicks to correct the path for the final impact.  I find if I get too click happy, I always seem to end up missing the target.

KiL
Simon
basically
+838|6676|UK

haffeysucks wrote:

Simon wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

no
Wow, that was cool.  Let me be your friend Simon, I want to be so awesome like you!
Thanks man, I'm sure everyone here finds you funny ^_^
Brasso
+1,549|6648

Simon wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Simon wrote:

no
Same to you man!  I love to asskiss!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667
hence your sig ohhh those sweet asses..
Simon
basically
+838|6676|UK

haffeysucks wrote:

Simon wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Same to you man!  I love to asskiss!
https://www.slumdance.com/images/goreass.gif

Oh yes
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6596|Florida

chittydog wrote:

Lot's o' great stuff in here: http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/gu … k-choppers

Personally, I do better with the TV if I just click a few times rather than clicking constantly. That constant clicking makes me oversteer and miss more often. And no, there's no way to lock on to the stingers in a heli. You just have to line them up or TV guide right into them.
I do that alot too, I over shoot them or I lead it too much or too little.  Cablecopulate can speak for that lol.  I usually try to only click once or twice, but usually I line the TV up and fire it, only for them to either drive off at the last second, or I lead them too much and they stop before I hit them.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6456
ALWAYS keep in mind which direction your target is moving.  LEAD LEAD LEAD.  And what I find really helps people get the grip of it, is to realize that the TV missile is going exactly where you click.  So after your first click, let it straighten out and go where it wants, then start clicking.  Like if your chopper is moving sideways and you click on the target, for the first second or so, it will seem like it's going waaaay off.  Your natural urge is to start clicking.  Don't.  Let the TV straighten out, then adjust as necessary.  I find that if you hellaciously click ON the target when it nears, even if it's off a bit you might find the hitbox.

There's some help to get you started without revealing any tricks, lol.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2006-12-12 14:42:33)

bucfan609
+9|6364|Queen Creek, AZ USA
Thanks for all of the tips. I will put them to good use. If anyone wants to play with a person that actually tries to play as a teammate and not a kill/flag spaz, let me know. bucfan609 on xfire.
adv3rsary
+28|6734
heres a few tips: (for choppers)

dont wait til ure 100% sure there is something there to shoot the missle.. shoot the missle when u have a suspicion and find the target

for choppers aim for the tail/the top and the bottoms not the main body

dont try and line it up before shooting, release, then aim at the target, if you got a good oppenent and you wait to line up, you ll be dead by the time your missle is 2 inches out of your gun

pay attention to spots by commander and other players

constantly look at your minimap

always take out the biggest threats first Linebackers, then igla, then choppers, then everything else. you can skip the igla and go straight to chopper if they seem to have a good angle on you, but linebackers always first

for jets:

dont wait till you have a lock to shoot, when you see the circle shoot, it ll hit trust me
get yourself a different pilot that acknowledges your existance as a gunner and lines you up for shots

good luck

Last edited by adv3rsary (2006-12-12 15:56:54)

Runitsyourmama
+13|6384|USA
You have to know where the hitboxes are for shooting down enemy choppers, once you got that in mind you will be a better gunner. :p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard