TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6653|Gainesville, FL
heh, this defense for cheaters from a player whose fav map has the highest number of cheaters

look, if you have ever seen the commanders cheat, you have been playing with a guy who uses cheats. You think those ppl aren't also using no fog, wall hax, etc.?

Ppl who say there are no cheaters either cheat themselves or are too stupid to be aware of them. Looking at your KDR and SPM I can be certain that you are not too stupid to be aware of them.
Yeah, after reading some of the posts on this thread, I went to YouTube and watched a few videos concerning Aimbots and Player Highlighting.  I have to say, that had I come across an aimbot user, it would have been pretty damned obvious, considering the jerkiness of the avatars.  Previously, I thought the "commander hack" was a bug--and I HAVE been in a server (Devil's Perch) where it was used.  Insofar as the wallhack/player highlighting is concerned, it's nigh impossible to tell whether or not the hacker in question is simply using UAV or Commander Spots effectively.  The only concievable way to recognize this hack is to scrutinize EACH PLAYER INDIVIDUALLY, their effectiveness with respect to your position in different geographies, and maintain constant awareness of the opposition's UAV placement--all simultaneously.

Yeah, that wallhack/player highlighting hack looked pretty friggin' sweet.  Still, despite all these "hackers" and their supposedly constant presence, I'm nonetheless able to get Gold Medals most of the rounds I play.  If they ARE there, I haven't noticed them--which, in effect, makes me not give a damn.

Bel

Last edited by TheBelcorwyn (2006-12-13 11:26:08)

tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6751|Pakistan/England
when ive been killed by an insane shot i have always put it down to skill and/or luck
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord

Barrakuda777 wrote:

P.S. Angelo, i want on the list !!
Hey, I apologised in advance I knew I'd forget a few prominent players.

Nyte wrote:

Well, my test account is 89 kills/time
Impressive.

Barrakuda777 wrote:

49% at 73 kills/time at 2.2W/L at 7.15KDR = own.
Excellent. Kudos Kooda.

But guys... the ones I used are all first accounts as far as I know (with the deliberate exception of CitizenTwo, just wanted to show the lower end of the spectrum). I have a 'second' account where it's way up there since I'm a lot more practiced, I now have the habit of not running around with the sniper rifle all the time, and most of the games were on Sharqi, the map I was most experienced playing... although a few games on Jalalabad didn't hurt.

Accuracy 58%+, KDR for the rifle is 4.5 (3.4 for the kit, see what I mean?), SPM 3.5. Not bad for an old man eh?

This is playing normally for me, not camping on a hillside: flag points/min are 0.28 (same as Nyte's #2 account). Much as I'd like to I can't maintain that level of play though, I just had a good run over a weekend.

Nyte wrote:

66% at 89 kills/time at 2.5 W/L at 2.5 KDR = own.
Why even mention WLR? You know better than most it doesn't mean squat. I have the account possibly with the highest ratio in the world... I had to deliberately lose just to have a ratio! And it's not like this account's ratio of 12-14 for the last few months is natural ROFL

bullit wrote:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5877709238825872286&q=lucid713
Thanks for posting that. Just goes to show you can interpret some things correctly just from the stats. Like I concluded: the guy cheats his ass off.

MagikTrik wrote:

btw, what's kill/time?
Kills over time, kills divided by time. It's a basic start for checking how effective someone is with the gun in their hand.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6603|Reisterstown, MD

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Kills over time, kills divided by time. It's a basic start for checking how effective someone is with the gun in their hand.
I'm messing around at 67 or something.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6383|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Sorry to get a bit off-topic but I did a quick search for kill/time & every single post ever made came up
....so what's a good average?

Again, sorry.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord

MagikTrik wrote:

Sorry to get a bit off-topic but I did a quick search for kill/time & every single post ever made came up
LOL don't worry, this is constructive.

MagikTrik wrote:

....so what's a good average?
For what? It's entirely dependant on the weapon.

Kill rate tends to be highest for the assault rifles, as you'd expect given medics have assault rifles and they'd tend to spend less time dead. For LMGs it's usually lower and the rate for carbines tends to be lower still, again as you'd expect given they're slightly less powerful and the class has no armour. Sniper rifles tend to be lowest of the four main longarms for obvious reasons (but not in the hands of a dedicated sniper or a generally kickass player).
Barrakuda777
+86|6749|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Its ok todd, was only yankin your chain mate

Still, im watching you!

Kooda
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6435|San Antonio, TX

MagikTrik wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

I was visiting the =KOF= SF server today and the SAS commander was calling in supply drops one after another.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/robo2012/hax.jpg

In the same round there was an SAS PFC that i stabbed 3 times in a row in his face and could not kill him.I didn't miss him either cause i could hear the stabbing sound.Not sure he was haxing but it sure pissed me off.

And no,they were not KOF members
I saw that supply crate inside once but I think it's just a bit of a gimp. As far as I know (meaning what i was told) too there isn't any hack that makes you invincible so when you stab somebody & they turn around & shoot you it's just bad coding. Isn't that the worst though? You put so much effort & sneak up on someone & stab them just to have the guy turn around & kill you & think he pwnd you cause you tried to stab him & failed!
Actually... the invincible hack does work.  After I destroyed the enemy assets on Great Wall I killed an engy on the way out (in their APC).  The guy cried out for an admin, and my own commander initiated a kick vote on me.  I got killed and when I spawned back on base I asked the cmdr why he initiated the vote, he said because he hates base rapers.  So I switched sides.  Went to their base, got in their APC and opened up on him.  He never even lost a bar of health.  I put everything I had on him and he made it out without a scratch.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6854

Greenspan wrote:

I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago, and he kept insisting that there was a lot of people who were cheating (aimbots, wallhacks, etc.), even in competitive matches! I kinda blew him off, and told him no way. But then he brought up a good point, there's no way to tell. PunkBuster is dubious at best, and ingame demos don't even record first person! So how are you supposed to catch these people?

We know about the people who are idiots and blatantly obvious about it, but what about the people who aren't blatantly obvious about it?
not too much if anything it would be the statpadding
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6435|San Antonio, TX

TheBelcorwyn wrote:

I've been playing BF2 since it came out, and I've never come across a hacker.  I've seen plenty of glitching, but never a hacker.

What I have come across are boatloads of noobs who think one guy taking out three people with one clip is a hacker, etc.

lynxlyran wrote:

IMO there are 3-4 in just about every round on any map. 24/7 maps have more and Kark 24/7 maps are overrun with them. I just switch teams and get on their side, then it doesn't bother me as much.

Can't beat 'em, can't prove they are doing it, might as well join 'em.
Hackers don't plague this game--Noobs do.

Bel
Dude, you know when someone owns you and when someone is using a hack.  When someone shoots you on a rooftop from a lower position (repeatedly) there's something wrong. 

I'm not ashamed to admit there are guys out there that are just good at this and have the bullet drop figured out and can take you out in the blink of an eye.  BUT... killing three guys, on a rooftop with a 5 round clip within a few seconds is NOT owning, it's hacking.

Noobs don't plague this game, we're just fodder for the padders!

Last edited by silo1180 (2006-12-14 11:58:59)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6538|South Florida
Wow, those of you who say there arent a lot of hackers, are insane. You've obviously never hacked before. Go to msxsecurity and look at how many people attend there forums. i think its around 100 thousand. Now, thats 100k people who have hacked before, but thats not even accurate because there are hundreds of sites just like msx with there own hack system. And just for the record, the aimbots and wallhacks, are undetectable

I know.
15 more years! 15 more years!
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6780|Tenn

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Wow, those of you who say there arent a lot of hackers, are insane. You've obviously never hacked before. I know I sure have.

I cheat.
there fixed it up and got to the point for ya.

undetectable you say?

http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/memb … ery=Search

Yea, definitely undetectable

Last edited by CTD-CaptainBuck (2006-12-14 12:06:51)

link52787
+29|6534
IMO, I don't think there's that much cheating in BF2.  I played on servers where sore losers claim that everybody who killed him is a cheater.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6538|South Florida

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Wow, those of you who say there arent a lot of hackers, are insane. You've obviously never hacked before. I know I sure have.

I cheat.

undetectable you say?

Ahh well you got it 100% wrong. Cheating is too expensive unless your a knowledgable programmer. I don't want to pay to cheat even tho its pretty nice having an aimbot mhuahahahahaha. Naw man, once apon a time i shared a weeks msx hack with a friend on spare accounts but its a ripoff, unless of coarse, you make it yourself.
15 more years! 15 more years!
lynxlyran
+15|6657

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

I cheat.

undetectable you say?

Nice one Buck but I dont see this cheater on the ban list.
http://bf2s.com/player/71096175/
Simon
basically
+838|6671|UK
Is 124 good for Assault? With the Kill/Time thing
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6668|Cambridge, England

lynxlyran wrote:

IMO there are 3-4 in just about every round on any map. 24/7 maps have more and Kark 24/7 maps are overrun with them. I just switch teams and get on their side, then it doesn't bother me as much.

Can't beat 'em, can't prove they are doing it, might as well join 'em.
you say that but you might be mistaken, me and load of guys from a tournement use a 24/7 karkand quite a bit
(thc server, 40 players) its really fun and i dont think there is a single cheeter on there, we get the most points nearly every round, coz we own, not coz we cheat, because we revive each other and are good players, i used to average 2:1 ratio, but if you have a group on karkand you can get a great ratios (9:1 ratio and on good days 30 kills no deaths) Now this is usually met with the response "hacker" even though we dont. Telling wether someone is hacking or simply telling people were they are when they die and what killed them is hard and i think 99% of the time you think someones hacking they are not, its just them using the UAV well or Teamspeak.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6780|Tenn

lynxlyran wrote:

Nice one Buck but I dont see this cheater on the ban list.
http://bf2s.com/player/71096175/
yes but judging from his response he sounded like a fag cheater. looks like i was right. even tho hes not on the ban list

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Ahh well you got it 100% wrong. Cheating is too expensive unless your a knowledgable programmer. I don't want to pay to cheat even tho its pretty nice having an aimbot mhuahahahahaha. Naw man, once apon a time i shared a weeks msx hack with a friend on spare accounts but its a ripoff, unless of coarse, you make it yourself.
PlaneWhore
+59|6778
Every single time I play I end up getting accused of cheating. And of course I do not cheat. Which leads me to my second point which is:

Cheaters do exist without a doubt but I think their numbers are a bit overblown and the vast majority of the cheating accusations end up getting tossed at the skilled and experienced (but cheat free_ Battlefield 2 players.

In the end though the one people the real cheaters do really end up cheating is themselves. They can never have any of the real satisfaction that comes with legitimately kicking ass. They can never really improve themselves. So they end up isolated and playing their own little shallow BF2 mini game. I almost feel bad for them. Almost.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord

Simon wrote:

Is 124 good for Assault? With the Kill/Time thing
It would be, but you can't tell if this was on foot. That's the number for the guy playing assault; he might like the kit but normally play in an APC. Just look at the dicks who go sniper to pilot helos or jets... because they can *cough* persuade other players they should get in the cockpit.

Without also checking the amount of vehicle use you can't judge the kit's rating and there's then some guesswork involved (unless the time is practically nil). Case in point is the guy I linked to above, his kill rate for the sniper kit is 98, but he only has 114 kills with the sniper rifle in 451 freaking hours (at a ratio of 0.0849 LMAO)!!! Artie kills as commander would count toward the kit's total too, although I don't think the rate for those can be high enough to matter.

This is why the numbers for the rifles themselves are worth looking at, since it's kills made with that kit item. Similar thing to the above would be if you see a sniper's KDR is good, and it looks like they have a great kill rate but then see he has most of his kills with claymores... bingo, from "Hmm, not bad" to "Pah! Loser" in one second.

PlaneWhore wrote:

Cheaters do exist without a doubt but I think their numbers are a bit overblown...
I don't think that's right, based purely on the general prevalence of cheating in gaming (online gaming being no exception). The thing is that it does appear that most of the cheaters are truly awful players to begin with and this only gives that level the leg-up necessary to be halfway decent. Plus of course we know the general standard of the aimbots is (or was) pretty poor, that certainly helps them hide.

PlaneWhore wrote:

In the end though the one people the real cheaters do really end up cheating is themselves. They can never have any of the real satisfaction that comes with legitimately kicking ass. They can never really improve themselves. So they end up isolated and playing their own little shallow BF2 mini game.
Absolutely. There's a certain pleasure common among cheaters but this is just a reflection of a nasty little mindset and I doubt it can compare to the satisfaction of doing well because of your own reflexes and knowing you practiced your ass off to get better.

PlaneWhore wrote:

I almost feel bad for them. Almost.
Yeah, almost. They should still be smacked upside the head with a heavy object, something like a brick would do nicely.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6607|Las Vegas, NV USA

Greenspan wrote:

I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago, and he kept insisting that there was a lot of people who were cheating (aimbots, wallhacks, etc.), even in competitive matches! I kinda blew him off, and told him no way. But then he brought up a good point, there's no way to tell. PunkBuster is dubious at best, and ingame demos don't even record first person! So how are you supposed to catch these people?

We know about the people who are idiots and blatantly obvious about it, but what about the people who aren't blatantly obvious about it?
It's an interesting answer, but I'll say that there are probably a lot more people crying "CHEATER" than there are actual cheaters.

Of course, this response is partly to due with the fact that I was not only once called a hacker last night, but a second time later in the game, by the same person.  What was even sadder was that this player not only was a full-bird colonel, but also had over 1200 hours of game time.

My response to his absurd accusations:

":sigh:  Prove it."

Funny how most follow-up responses are usually foul-mouthed, name calling tirades, or absolute silence.  At least this player had enough sense to choose the latter.

On an end note, I think he was especially bitter after I knifed him once, went around the corner just in time to see his teammate revive him, knife the medic, and then proceeded to chase the original knifee around, as he ran around spraying his PKM at me, just before I knifed him a second time.  After all, what was I suppose to do?  I was a sniper in close quarter combat!  In his mind, I was probably cheating then too...

:SIGH:  ....
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6756|Backward Ass Kansas
I read the first two posts and from all the video's of hacks I've seen those little bitches need them.  Seriously I challenge any punk ass bitch with a hack to a 1 on 1. I will beat their ass if for no other reason than they are by definition hacks, and lack all skill.  Bring it you pasty little bitches, anyone 1 on 1, you will lose, ground pounding that is. Bar None.

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2006-12-14 19:09:35)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6765|Toronto, ON
I don't think many people cheat.  As the above post suggests, it's the emo 15 year olds who scream out cheater more than there actually is cheaters (when they get owned).

If you don't believe me... google up "Nyte aimbot" or something, it comes up everywhere.

PS. I don't cheat.
Alpha as fuck.
Superglueman
+21|6372|The Great South Land

killer21 wrote:

I've only confirmed two cheaters in BF2.  One I got on BR.

Where is the hacking/cheating? i watched it twice..?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6603|Reisterstown, MD

Superglueman wrote:

Where is the hacking/cheating? i watched it twice..?
Follow his gun when he is shooting at people and killing them.  At the end, he magically summons a supply box even though, we didn't have a commander.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard