sneakysegan11
+13|6552|York, PA
What do you use in these sockets? I have never heard of anything that would go into them. Anybody know?
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6541|Columbus, OH
usb
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6634|Quebec city, Canada
pci 1x are supposed to replace old standard pci slots for example to plug a network card, sound card, etc.

4x, dont know...
sneakysegan11
+13|6552|York, PA
really? thats weird cause they are really small. I didnt think you could fit anything like that into them
doc. josh
+48|6553
yea i got 1 4x and 1 1x slots ion my mobo what the hell do thay do. thay just take up space that pci slots coult take up ot even another PCI-E slot
DeCon_1
+16|6529|Atlanta, Georga U.S.A.
PCI-1X Slots are useful in placing high speed SATAII 3.0 and SCSI controller cards into a P.C. that doesn't have those connectors. A regular PCI slot cannot support anything with a speed over SATA 1.5.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

They currently don't really do anything. They've just been being implemented all this time to increase the size of the market for potential PCIe cards.
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine
I believe some media cards can go in there.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6634|Quebec city, Canada
There not usefull yet, because card manufacturers keep building their cards to fit into a standart pci slot. But soon pci 1x and 4x are supposed to replace old pci slots.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6650|Deep In The South Of Texas
abit makes a PCI-e 1x Wi-Fi thingy called the AirPace:

Amazingly Long URL For abit AirPace
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

They currently don't really do anything. They've just been being implemented all this time to increase the size of the market for potential PCIe cards.

-=raska=- wrote:

There not usefull yet, because card manufacturers keep building their cards to fit into a standart pci slot. But soon pci 1x and 4x are supposed to replace old pci slots.
Exactly what I meant.

Pity Creative hasn't jumped on board yet with their X-Fi's.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-12 19:25:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard