Poll

Is it ok to "kidnap" a player when they are being an ass?

Hell, yeah! It's the best way to show them the door!85%85% - 154
No Way! That's against the rules, I'm telling dad!7%7% - 13
I am legaly unable to make yes/no decisions...7%7% - 14
Total: 181
basetballjones
+30|6741
To define "kidnap" as used ingame-  When a player is being a punk, then like minded ventrilo or teamspeak players position themselves as medics on the opposing team.  One medic usually joins the objective(punk) in question's squad and reports his position to the enemy medic.  The enemy medic then proceeds to locate and kill the objective(punkass bitch) while the friendly medic revives to facilitate another kill before the objective(asslicking teamkillah) even has a chance to move, choose another spawn, exit the game through normal means.  Almost like knife/revive padding, but not used for points, it's used for punishment.  Usually several members are angry at the objective(asshole) so many will join in on the beating. 

It's mob style, and probably illegal as all hell, but meh.

I guess by asking, I am admitting guilt.. but you know that guy that teamkills for the chopper, or stands in front of the jet, won't drop ammo, takes off with the jeep with 4 people calling for a ride, suicide c4's the tank you are fighting-teamkilling you, then he starts insulting you and your mates about every single nitpicking thing that's not his way..

Now put this guy on your clan server, with a heavy clan presence..

The kick and ban buttons only do so much to get a message across; what do YOU do?

Last edited by basetballjones (2006-12-11 09:11:23)

Shadow893
lel
+75|6685|England

wtf is this about dude - you confuse me.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6682|England, GBR
2nded - explain
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6588|Toronto-Canada
i've done it once, and it was sweet as hell but most of the people who get kidnap always disconnect form the server
SealXo
+309|6528
he means when you get him and start padding him qith your clanmates so he cant commit suicide or leave
Simon
basically
+838|6651|UK

SealXo wrote:

he means when you get him and start padding him qith your clanmates so he cant commit suicide or leave
Just because you paddle someone doesnt mean they can't hit the escape key.
basetballjones
+30|6741
edited to clarify, srry
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6643|Keyboard

basetballjones wrote:

To define "kidnap" as used ingame-  When a player is being a punk, then like minded ventrilo or teamspeak players position themselves as medics on the opposing team.  One medic usually joins the objective(punk) in question's squad and reports his position to the enemy medic.  The enemy medic then proceeds to locate and kill the objective(punkass bitch) while the friendly medic revives to facilitate another kill before the objective(asslicking teamkillah) even has a chance to move, choose another spawn, exit the game through normal means.  Almost like knife/revive padding, but not used for points, it's used for punishment.  Usually several members are angry at the objective(asshole) so many will join in on the beating. 

It's mob style, and probably illegal as all hell, but meh.

I guess by asking, I am admitting guilt.. but you know that guy that teamkills for the chopper, or stands in front of the jet, won't drop ammo, takes off with the jeep with 4 people calling for a ride, suicide c4's the tank you are fighting-teamkilling you, then he starts insulting you and your mates about every single nitpicking thing that's not his way..

Now put this guy on your clan server, with a heavy clan presence..

The kick and ban buttons only do so much to get a message across; what do YOU do?
https://novalis.org/images/photo/objects/kleenex.jpg
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
Kidnap is a good way to show you are superior to your fellow players.
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6455

Shadow893 wrote:

yea you talk about something and then another thing... WTF?
=*RSA*=SiKFuK_187
+14|6343
Thank you please........! https://novalis.org/images/photo/objects/kleenex.jpg
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

Kidnap someone for the following reasons:

Being a bad commander- You know the bad commanders.  The ones who do not spot anyone near a flag or near you.  The one who refuses to use the UAV and/or Scan.  The one who is in a chopper or plane and is not helping the team at all.

Constantly tking for a vehicle- The tards who tk for a jet, chopper, and/or tank.  They deserve to be stabbed over and over again.

Being a retard-Just being a complete retard in the game.  You know the type.  The player who runs around not really helping the team.  The lone sniper who is not in a squad.  The medic or ammo guy who refuses to drop any bags.  The commander who arty's a whole squad of people just to kill one enemy. 

Just an example of people who deserve to be kidnapped.
basetballjones
+30|6741
Actually, it's some of the times I've laughed hardest in my life!  I play on our clanservers, by our rules.. I am an admin and thus do not give a shit.  If someone goes about ingame being a dick,  I don't get upset, not even a little... I type "!k username Reason"

But sometimes, a little added "BAM" to let the guy know he is not welcome, doesn't hurt much either.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6685|England

Pice_of_paper wrote:

Shadow893 wrote:

yea you talk about something and then another thing... WTF?
it double posted for a random reason and if i delete one, then it deletes both.

but anyways, i seee what he means now - yeah i was a victim of it from my clan mates before the server started. It was very funny. I loled when i got a shotgun and blew them botha away.

best way to get out of it it to suicide,
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6472
If the guy has -20 plus points he is going to get kidnapped.
adv3rsary
+28|6708
believe that qualifies as statpadding and grounds for having your account reset
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.
Yes, I think it's funny.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

BigmacK wrote:

Yes, I think it's funny.
Especially when the target is someone like Bennet.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6626|England
"Is it ok to kidnap a player that is being an ass?"

Yes.
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6437|Perth, W.A, Australia.
its stats padding bro so i suggest you dont do it.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6479|Melbourne

Does this thread give u a hard on?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6626|England

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

"Is it ok to kidnap a player that is being an ass?"

Yes.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6578|Seattle
eh, who cares?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
If you're an ass too, go ahead.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Okay first off, let me say that I am all in favor of screwing with players on my own team if they are a**holes. I go from legitimate player to griefer in 5 seconds flat if players act like jerks. As long as I've been playing, I'm still shocked to see players TK for vehicles. WTF man! WTF!

Anyway, I am strongly against what you call kidnapping for one specific reason. It's stats padding and it punishes innocent players by stealing their chance at a medal. If you could do the kiddnapping thing without gaining points from it until the jerk in question leaves the server, then that's great, but I see too many players who do this often to innocent people and they gain ridiculous amounts of team points or kills depending on the roll they're playing.

I was once kiddnapped by my own team meaning that one player (who I assume didn't care about his stats or had another account) continued to team kill me while a medic on my team continued to revive me. I was only able to get away by bunny hopping like a mad man.

The point is, there are dozens of ways to grief a-hole players into leaving the server. You shouldn't have to resort to stats padding to get rid of lousy players. BTW, if I misinterpreted the meaning of kiddnapping, ignor what you just read!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard