DTAC
+9|6738
During a Titan round I prefer to stay on the ground and continuously capture silos which always keeps me #1 or #2 in terms of points on my team. But recently I went on a Titan server where the enemy was completely engaged with attacking our Titan and our team desperately trying to defend it so I had an ENTIRELY EMPTY enemy titan for myself to play with. I destroyed three consoles and could have destroyed the entire ship single-handedly if I had a resupply bag, (and didn't keep killing myself trying to land on the Titan... I really need to practice flying more!!!)
So now I'm in love with destroying the Titan. I got my Bronze Titan Destruction Achievement Badge first time I ever attacked a Titan and can't wait to get silver and gold!

I just have to wait until I get two more unlocks before I can unlock the Lambert. The sniper rifle isn't the best offensive weapon on a Titan!
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
Well done to ya... also the Lambert rocks on the titans
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Pilum > RDX on empty titan.

You can take 2 consoles before you need ammo with it, only one with RDX.
Gawain83
+2|6652|Cross River, NY
ha!  that's awesome.  i got my bronze badge the first time i attacked a titan as well.  it's a lot of fun.  there was a time about 6 of us boarded the enemy titan and by the time we got to the core we had run to low on ammo to destroy the thing.  of course none of us was a support guy.  also, a knife doesnt really work against it either...i was desperate.
SAF.Skellen
+4|6352
You tried to knife the core?? jesus man, you were desperate! lol

If you are attacking alone the best kit to go as is support, the simple reason being you have unlimited ammo, you can use nades on the consoles and core as well as your HMG.  If you have the time and are on your own then use this kit.

Go as Medic (Assault) or Recon if you are attacking with support.  If you see someone else planting RDX, dont be a noob and go in there trying to beat him to the button, do something useful and go get another console! (sorry about the rant there, but too many noobs do it).  3 x RDX = 1 console, so to take out 2 consoles, throw some nades at it first to soften it up before RDX'ing it. Ammo is everything!!

If you do decide to play assault to med your teammates, then make sure you are not playing stupidly, in that I mean a player runs down a corridor and gets wasted by 3 defenders, you run down there all Rambo like to med him and get yourself killed too.  Stay to the rear with your Voss out facing the rear, many players attack you from there for easy knife kills etc, you are their defence!  When a player goes down, asses the situation, will you make it alive? if so get going, revive him then get back to your defensive position.  If you think, I may die then DONT DO IT, you are worth more to your team alive.  Play sensible.  If a medic doesnt come for me because I've gone in all kamakazi then I dont blame him! lol

Well, thats enough tips for you, get titan killing.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
gawain83: were you up there with me on that titan? there was like 5 of us up there, noone had a resupply and we all used our ammo. the round was just about over so we all sat around the core knifing it. funny as hell, we looked like tards up there.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
DTAC
+9|6738
At one point I ended up laying down claymores and trying to set them off!!! The pistol was empty so all that was left was my Sniper Rifle! Desperate times!
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6373|Inside the AR Rockets.
ummm.... HURRAY!! way to get with the program, that's the difference in titan mode, the whole 'not-capping-flag-type-things'... I had mine ages ago.. just need to destroy some consoles
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6814|Belgium
I've got the Silver Badge, but I'm stuck at 20 consoles. I hardly ever destroy consoles for the same reason that I have trouble getting my Expert (Gold) Titan Assault Badge. I lag like shit on an enemy Titan.
I don't know why, since when I'm defending my own Titan, I hardly ever lag. But on an enemy Titan I lag like shit.. Truly..
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6790

PBAsydney wrote:

Clark > Pilum on empty titan.

Drop your sentry gun in the corridor, away from the cargo bay.  Drop your ammo pack and start blasting away at the console.  Each time you reload a clip - needs two clips for a console, IIRC - you resupply yourself and by the time you've got the console destroyed, your sentry gun is ready for deployment again.

In other words, you are RAMBO.
CackNBallz
+45|6741|Toronto, Canada
If you are really desperate to get the win and you only have APMs, like I was one time with both Titans not having any hull left and one more missile to either titan would destroy it.... well, put an APM and point it towards the core. You will have to suicide in front of it.  Your collapsing dead body will set the APM off and will cause damage to the core. I have won two rounds doing this!
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6713|MoVal, Southern California

DTAC wrote:

So now I'm in love with destroying the Titan. I got my Bronze Titan Destruction Achievement Badge first time I ever attacked a Titan and can't wait to get silver and gold!
Good to hear that you're in love with destroying the titan!  Getting the silver destruction badge is pretty easy, but the gold one (which i am currently working on) is a BITCH to get I was so close to getting it... i destroyed all 4 consoles (3 needed) and was 1 Pilum round away from destroying the core, but the missiles from the silos destroyed the hull before i could make it back to the core room. Grrrr!
kachunkachunk
+8|6387|Ontario
You can also shoot APMs with the fancy sniper rifle.
DTAC
+9|6738
I think I tried that and it didn't work. Or maybe I was shooting it with my pistol. Hmmm.........
Gawain83
+2|6652|Cross River, NY
heggs: that probably was me up there with you.  i remember it being very close between the two teams and we were winning until we ran out of ammo and no one would come to resupply us.

i'm working on getting some more of the recon kit unlocked so that i'll have an easier time taking down an enemy titan next time i try.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6371|Kyiv, Ukraine

Actually, not quite true.
With a decked out recon kit and an empty titan you can easily pop 2 consoles and if you're really conservative you can pop 3.

It takes actually 2.2 RDX packs to blow a console from scratch, which actually equals 2 packs + 1 1/2 clips from a lambert OR 2 packs + 1 hand grenade.  You can either go like this:
3 packs RDX - Console 1
2 packs + nade - Console 2

or

2 packs RDX + Nade - Console 1 AND 2
1 pack RDX + 4 clips lambert - Console 3

After that, you can run out on the deck and ask (pray) for a supply drop, or just suicide and get back up in there to continue your busy work.

A dirty trick to getting your titan destructor badge is that you can use the "g" key to pick up RDX placed by your team.  Blow what you can and then follow around any recon teammates, when they throw 3 on the console, grab one quick and throw it right back down.  They blow their two and you blow the last one for the credit (just do this to get your gold pin PLEASE).  The trick to getting the core is simple.  Pack it with RDX and run out, jump off the titan, and HIDE.  When the titan gets down to a sliver of health, hit the button to blow the core.

Just some tips from the "problem solver" and gold medalist in titan destruction
Zukabazuka
+23|6683
Well engineer can take out 3 consoles, but they have to empty a lot of ammo on it to so when you are done with console 3, you are fucked unless you are good with the knife.

But a engineer and support goes also good taking out consoles as a recon. But belive recon have problem getting the core at the end. My friend cover the core twice with 5 demopak when the titan hp was almost gone yet he didn't get core destroyed.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6735

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Actually, not quite true.
With a decked out recon kit and an empty titan you can easily pop 2 consoles and if you're really conservative you can pop 3.

It takes actually 2.2 RDX packs to blow a console from scratch, which actually equals 2 packs + 1 1/2 clips from a lambert OR 2 packs + 1 hand grenade.  You can either go like this:
3 packs RDX - Console 1
2 packs + nade - Console 2

or

2 packs RDX + Nade - Console 1 AND 2
1 pack RDX + 4 clips lambert - Console 3

After that, you can run out on the deck and ask (pray) for a supply drop, or just suicide and get back up in there to continue your busy work.

A dirty trick to getting your titan destructor badge is that you can use the "g" key to pick up RDX placed by your team.  Blow what you can and then follow around any recon teammates, when they throw 3 on the console, grab one quick and throw it right back down.  They blow their two and you blow the last one for the credit (just do this to get your gold pin PLEASE).  The trick to getting the core is simple.  Pack it with RDX and run out, jump off the titan, and HIDE.  When the titan gets down to a sliver of health, hit the button to blow the core.

Just some tips from the "problem solver" and gold medalist in titan destruction
And whilst you are hopping around, I place APM's on the exits and Lambert your ass out of my core
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6371|Kyiv, Ukraine
And whilst you are hopping around, I place APM's on the exits and Lambert your ass out of my core
Which reminds me -
IF YOU SEE A TEAMMATE CRAWLING AROUND AN ENTRANCE TO A CONSOLE AREA, DROP TO THE GROUND NOOB!

I don't know how many times I find myself on my belly crawling past an APM when some dumbass from my own team comes hauling ass around the corner, sees me crawling prone, keeps on running, and getting us both blown to hell.  I wish I could do a tk punish for that.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6814|Belgium

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Which reminds me -
IF YOU SEE A TEAMMATE CRAWLING AROUND AN ENTRANCE TO A CONSOLE AREA, DROP TO THE GROUND NOOB!

I don't know how many times I find myself on my belly crawling past an APM when some dumbass from my own team comes hauling ass around the corner, sees me crawling prone, keeps on running, and getting us both blown to hell.  I wish I could do a tk punish for that.
True..
1MaNArmY
+2|6796
where's a damn engineer to remove the APM's when you need them?
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6841|England

a_fraudulent_miracle wrote:

DTAC wrote:

Good to hear that you're in love with destroying the titan!  Getting the silver destruction badge is pretty easy, but the gold one (which i am currently working on) is a BITCH to get I was so close to getting it... i destroyed all 4 consoles (3 needed) and was 1 Pilum round away from destroying the core, but the missiles from the silos destroyed the hull before i could make it back to the core room. Grrrr!
They must have changed that with 1.06 then? I know it says 3 consoles, and 1 core, but I got my Gold, on the 4th console. I was RDX'ing them, and some one was following me with supplies, never did get their name. Thank you, you rock!!!!!!
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6371|Kyiv, Ukraine
They did change it, before 1.06 you always saw a double spam of "You destroyed a strategic object", now you just see it once and again if you take the last chunk out of the core.

It actually took 2 tries for me to get this badge after I met all the req's:

1st Try - Took out all 4 consoles in one life, had to make myself commander and drop supplies on their rear deck to re-load my RDX.  Reloaded out there 2 times, they had a single defender I kept popping, think I killed him with the lambert 3 or 4 times.  Got my "Problem solver" pin, made it to the core, packed it with explosives, pulled out the detonator, and before I could push the button (about .2 seconds away), "The enemy titan core has been destroyed" by missiles.  My wife thought I was nuts when I screamed in agony.

2nd Try - Very next round, bigger assault force with me this time, which is a bad thing, but I managed to get 1 and 3 blown and someone else got #2.  On #4 I ran with the group, grabbed all the RDX that was laid down and threw it back on there myself to steal the console destroy point.  Then there was a tough fight for the reactor room, once in I wired the core along with another recon guy doing the same thing, he blew it first down to about 20% remaining.  I ran from the room and blew mine while everyone was dancing and shooting at the core.  4 TK's, but the Gold Badge popped up a split second before I was kicked   Wife again thought I was nuts when I got up and started doing my happy dance.

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2006-12-13 02:08:10)

Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6392|Belgium

and you also can go for your gold titan assault badge, that one is a pain in the ass, 30 titan assault points. :s

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard