**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6153|Vancouver, BC, Canada
1. Which link are you downloading from?
2. Do you have WinRar?
and 3. Try using my Dl link,
http://thegreendonkey.com/wp-content/up … nglish.zip

that one's in Zip format so it should play on XP/Vista stock.
Falcons707
+1|6365|Ontario, Canada
I hope this question isn't too stupid, but I think it may be. After I extract the files to the folder, I run the game and nothing changes. Help me please.
Cardinal85
+8|5908|Western KY, USA.

Falcons707 wrote:

I hope this question isn't too stupid, but I think it may be. After I extract the files to the folder, I run the game and nothing changes. Help me please.
Did you replace the existing files with these files?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Falcons707 wrote:

Assuming you haven't changed the default install directory,
So here's the step-by-step.
1. Download the .zip file Here(RIGHT-CLICK SAVE AS, don't click)
2. Open My Computer, and near the top find a bar that says Address on the side and states "My Computer"
3. Click the bar, paste in this line,
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Localization
(Drag to select, right click, Copy, right click Paste into Windows explorer)
4. Hit Enter(or press the GO button)
This should take you to a folder with a whole bunch of languages,
5.Find(don't open) English.
6. Open the .zip archive downloaded earlier, and Drag the English folder from there to a blank space in the window you just opened.
7. Windows will ask you if you want to Overwrite, hit Yes to All.

Now launch the game and try em out.

Wow, this guide is way too detailed, but totally foolproof though

Last edited by **LiLp-DeFiNeD (2008-06-01 11:14:38)

Falcons707
+1|6365|Ontario, Canada
Thanks, I got it working. It was the solution that I simply hadn't overwritten the files. I actually lol'd at how stupid that was.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Sorry guys, I've been getting alt of hits from here from people wanting the files.

The site crashed a while back, and during my fixing process, I forgot to transfer the file over

My mirror now works properly, just make sure to RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS
if you click, you'll be brought to a blank page.
albino cookie
The only Karkand whore who doesn't medic whore
+12|6296|katrina sucks
How can I uninstall this?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

albino cookie wrote:

How can I uninstall this?
replace it with your old localization file.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
You'd have to get someone to send you their clean localizations, then you just overwrite.

If you still have the file, try running patch 1.41 again, I'm not sure but it MIGHT upgrade them.

Why would you wanna downgrade anyways?
albino cookie
+12|6296|katrina sucks

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

You'd have to get someone to send you their clean localizations, then you just overwrite.

If you still have the file, try running patch 1.41 again, I'm not sure but it MIGHT upgrade them.

Why would you wanna downgrade anyways?
I need to downgrade to play Euro Force,
and how do i run 1.41?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … nloads.jsp

Download the 1.41 patch from there(Preferably full)

Then open the file, it'll run a bunch of updates, to your BF2 files, one of which COULD possibly replace the localizations, I'm not 100% sure tho.
albino cookie
+12|6296|katrina sucks
even if I have patch 1.41?
will that delete both mods and just re install 1.41?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Reinstalling 1.41 after you got mods is just fine, it only modifies what it needs to,

If you still don't wanna, then get someone to send you their clean localizations(not me, I'm fixed) and replace it that way.

Or you could TRY to find the originals on the BF2 disc, but I'll be very surprised if you do.
albino cookie
+12|6296|katrina sucks
I am reinstalling 1.41
so will that fix my problem?
And what do you mean by sending their clean localizations?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
When you applied the modified files, you essentially deleted the originals, so if you were to re-apply the original files it'll overwrite the mod,

and with the patch, I'm not 100% sure, but it should fix it for ya.
albino cookie
+12|6296|katrina sucks
how do i get to my localization file?
Kitfoxfire
+1|5747

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

My mirror now works properly, just make sure to RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS
if you click, you'll be brought to a blank page.
Were can I find this??? All the links i find on this thread have not worked or take me to that blank page on the Donkey Blog or w/e its called. I really want to add this to my game so hopefully you can help me find it.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6351|uk

albino cookie wrote:

how do i get to my localization file?
Ok, the games origional, normal, unedited localization files have been overwritten when you replaced them with the ones Kylef has made. You cannot get them back.

If you want to get the localisation files back to their default/ normal/ unedited state then you have a few options......
1) Reinstall Battlefield 2
2) Ask someone who has NOT edited their localization files, or downloaded other custom ones off the internet, to send you their localizations. They can do this by uploading the whole "English" folder (found at C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\localisation\ by default), and then you delete your "English" folder, and download the ones your friend has given you, placing them in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\localisation.

Last edited by Titch2349 (2009-01-24 05:51:24)

Kitfoxfire
+1|5747
Titch you dont hapen to have a zip version do you? my computer does not have the program to run a .rar file.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6351|uk

Kitfoxfire wrote:

Titch you dont hapen to have a zip version do you? my computer does not have the program to run a .rar file.
Just uploaded now: http://files.mattlunn.me.uk/archive/200 … _final.zip

And just FYI: .rar is a pretty common file extension now-a-days: Winrar is the utility to download if you want to be able to open them in the future!

Last edited by Titch2349 (2009-01-24 05:55:13)

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6520|Polish state of EU
Hey i have a question. I made a new localization file, all by myself (because of Polish lang) and i really like it, however i dont know where is text that says 'you got a point for destroying strategical object' (leet translation) (you know, the txt that appears after destroying arty with c4 etc) or sth like that. It just seem to not appear in polish.utxt . Where the hell is it?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
Ohhhhhhh is this that thing that says +2 and so on?

I thought it was just the server...

Now i have my disk drive working again... I CAN COME PLAY!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6285|eng

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

Hey i have a question. I made a new localization file, all by myself (because of Polish lang) and i really like it, however i dont know where is text that says 'you got a point for destroying strategical object' (leet translation) (you know, the txt that appears after destroying arty with c4 etc) or sth like that. It just seem to not appear in polish.utxt . Where the hell is it?
Press CTRL + F and search for the words?
#rekt
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

Mint Sauce wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

Neg, its in another localisation file "English_Patch.utxt". Search for "HUD_HUD_DESTROY_STRATEGIC".
Weflect
wut?
+30|5929|Finland

Snake wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

_Dominiko_PL wrote:

Neg, its in another localisation file "English_Patch.utxt". Search for "HUD_HUD_DESTROY_STRATEGIC".
Btw does anyone know where i can see how many assets i have destroyed?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard