meh,not good not bad3%3% - 3
it wasnt very good1%1% - 1
we must kill the people who thought of it3%3% - 3
Total: 90
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6423|NSW, Australia

Mongoose wrote:

dont suppose you watched it on channel 10 by any chance?
nah that was a few good men i watched it on showtime greats
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6536|Adelaide, South Australia

Towelly wrote:

It's a great film, I don't know if it's an entirely accurate depiction of war but it's certainly close enough.

Another must watch film in this genre would be Enemy at the Gates... always liked it, the snipers in that film don't use claymores.
QFE

btw, does anyone have that SPR .gif?
Warlord
Divine Ruler
+37|6399|Afghanistan
I think Saving Private Ryan is pretty good ...

If you liked it you will probably also like "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War", which reminds me of Saving Private Ryan, although with a twist. If you haven't seen it I think it's worth checking out. It's pretty damn violent and will give you some idea of what the Korean War was about.

~ W
Ssandstorm
+73|6752|Perth, Western Australia

ATG wrote:

Well, as a realistic war movie, the carnage is unmatched. As a story based on realism, it's pretty weak. Band of Brothers makes it look silly. The movie Stalingrad is a much more profound story.
I was expecting the same sort of carnage in Flags of our Fathers, but it didn't come close to the gore factor in SPR.
Stalingrad is the best war movie I have seen. Just as long as you can stand subtitles. Been looking for that movie everywhere but can find it.
JG1567JG
+110|6605|United States of America

Towelly wrote:

It's a great film, I don't know if it's an entirely accurate depiction of war but it's certainly close enough.

Another must watch film in this genre would be Enemy at the Gates... always liked it, the snipers in that film don't use claymores.
At about the same time you were posting this I was at Wal-mart, K-mart, or family video trying to buy or rent "Enemy at the Gates".  I have been wanting to see this movie again for about a week now.  I will buy it soon.  It is an excellent movie based in part on a true story as were all the others mentioned.

I just put in "WE Were Soldiers".  I couldn't decide between "SPR" (too long), "Tears of the Sun" (too fake), and "Black Hawk Down" (too real).  "Enemy at the Gates" would have hit the mood but "We Were Soldiers" will work.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-12-11 00:26:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard