Remove grenades in infantry only?

Yes!23%23% - 43
No!48%48% - 88
Limit them to 1 (No resupply)28%28% - 51
Total: 182
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6413|QUT, GP.
I'm all for grenades off in infantry only maps, even though I always had a good K ratio with them they've always been the downfall of my gaming on infantry only maps. What with the constant spamming due to the lack of vehicles, there's no way you can have fun. If you can take away vehicles, you can take away grenades, maybe even as an option on no-vehicle maps.
DK_Vision
Self-loathing narcissist.
+41|6413|QUT, GP.
God damn that smily face. That's meant to be kill to death ratio. Sorry for the double post.
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6627|U.S.A
lol if they get rid of the nades, the lord of weed will slit his wrists!

I think that limiting it to one is a good thing, because it will cut down on the spamming. But, you should be able to have one to take out enemies in buildings, behind cover, etc.
Longbow
+163|6690|Odessa, Ukraine
Permanently remove grenades from support kit ( like was done in PoE2 ) . It will solve problem of nadespamming forever .
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6405|None ya
I hate "SPAM" nading more than anything. Stupid nades blowing up everywhere where, and there practicly an unlimited amount of them. I hate em
arson
+99|6680|New York

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Yes I do love grenades. We all do. BUT
I just played 64 Jalalabad IO as US it was insane!! Everyone rushed the left side and on the plain it was grenade, grenade, grenade and medics! All there was were medics and support. It wasn't fun at all! Just die - revive - die -revive.

I was thinking of ways of combating this. I thought about removing grenades from infantry only maps all together. Would this work? I mean yes it would be annoying that you couldn't kill masses of people but to stop that pathetic frag fest then yes it would be worth it!!

Or there is only giving each player one grenade and having it unable to resupply it.

What do you think? And yes I do enjoy IO! I love it, apart from maps like Karkand and Jalalabad as the grnades ruin the squad manouvers found on other maps.
Play with Friendly Fire ON. It clears out the unskilled nade/gaymore spammers real quick.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6429
Onyl afew maps with massive grenade over usage.  vehicles would fix that.  Or like i said earlier jeeps would be great
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6794|Chicago.
I'll be honest, nade spammers annoy me. But consider what you are asking for. You want a restriction on the use of a particular in game item. If EA would even remotley consider this, you'd be opening up the window to other outrageous suggestions like Medics get 1 bag and 1 defrib charge a match, or Support only gets one supply bag and no re-supplies.

It just won't work. There are plenty of servers out there that aren't full of spammers, you can find one. You don't need to eradicate the use of nades from IO forever.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6689
Karkand is the worst scenario of grenade spam on some servers not all, I joined one and there were a lot of players but none of them move they kept throwing nades behind when u go down the hill from U.S. side and on the MEC when you pass through the hole in the face and get to the car thats broken down by the building.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6429

BigmacK wrote:

I'll be honest, nade spammers annoy me. But consider what you are asking for. You want a restriction on the use of a particular in game item. If EA would even remotley consider this, you'd be opening up the window to other outrageous suggestions like Medics get 1 bag and 1 defrib charge a match, or Support only gets one supply bag and no re-supplies.

It just won't work. There are plenty of servers out there that aren't full of spammers, you can find one. You don't need to eradicate the use of nades from IO forever.
i have 5 servers i rotate on hardly ever grenade spammers.  I agree with ea takeing away more.  Soon snipers will only have 2 claymores no resupply.  It would just make this game for lame
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6536
Grenades are meant to be anti-infantry, so removing them from infantry only servers doesn't really make sense.
Phrozenbot
+632|6659|do not disturb

Personally, I think grenades should be limited to 3, or maybe 2 across the board. Support should just resupply themselves slower too.

Grenades really don't bug me, but people have a point when people nade spam. You just got to nade spam them back though.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6745

BigmacK wrote:

Very good point. I mean knowing EA/Dice then if they take away one thing then they'll take away a million other GOOD things.

I played some POE2 (I love it) and I do like the way they have restricted the use of 'nade spamming. It makes it more enjoyable on the whole.

I must say everyone has got valid points in their arguements! No one just trolling. Bravo!

Any other suggestions for either limiting 'nade spamming or not doing anything?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6563|Adelaide, South Australia

I vote we remove IO!

seriously, it turned BF2 into just another generic shooter. i came here for choppers, tanks, arty etc...
now 3/4 of my servers are running IO and it annoys the hell out of me.

if i wanted IO, i'd go back to MoH and CoD. those games are made for IO.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-12-10 04:08:24)

Crossfire
Norwegian TV-missile spammer
+2|6507|Stavanger, Norway
There is ONE reason why i don't play Karkand so much, and that is the nades.

Nadespam@Karkand is the most annpying thing about Karkand...
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6696|pimelteror.de
karkand is the annoying thing...

what to improve on IO:

remove medics.

bring back artillery

i want my chopper on IO

Last edited by [pt] KEIOS (2006-12-10 04:13:15)

s()mtingWong
+48|6736
If you played long enough youll know how to dodge nades by listening to the sound when its been thrown or know when its been thrown by observing the enemys body movements cause some players jump when releasing nades, theres alot more ways to avoid nades you just have to be smart enough to know what your enemys thinking and react fast to it. IMHO its the claywhores that needs to be removed. Theres alot of ways to avoid claymores to but i'd say avoiding nades is easier then trying to avoid claymores.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6782|Comber, Northern Ireland

brome wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

I just played 64 Jalalabad IO as US it was insane!! Everyone rushed the left side and on the plain it was grenade, grenade, grenade and medics! All there was were medics and support. It wasn;t fun at all! Just dye - revive - die -revive.

I was thinking of ways of combating this. I thought about removing grenades from infantry only maps all together. Would this work? I mean yes it would be annoying that you couldn't kill masses of people but to stop that pathetic frag fest then yes it would be worth it!!

Or there is only giving each player one grenade and having it unable to resupply it.

What do you think? And yes I do enjoy IO! I love it, apart from maps like Karkand and Jalalabad as the grnades ruin the squad manouvers found on other maps.
NO! my precious frags... you can't get rid of them.  Taking grenades away from IO is like taking ... crack from a junkie?
no its like taking the anti tank rockets out of maps with vehicles
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6563|Adelaide, South Australia

david363 wrote:

brome wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

I just played 64 Jalalabad IO as US it was insane!! Everyone rushed the left side and on the plain it was grenade, grenade, grenade and medics! All there was were medics and support. It wasn;t fun at all! Just dye - revive - die -revive.

NO! my precious frags... you can't get rid of them.  Taking grenades away from IO is like taking ... crack from a junkie?
no its like taking the anti tank rockets out of maps with vehicles
... if the AT rockets killed in one hit. which they dont.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6667|EU

NO!

I like nades, I spam nades, I get killed from nades, so what? There is no other option than nades when one team is camping a flag. I am not kamikaze to rush into enemies and kill em all! I clear my way with nades. If they are stupid enough, they will continuously respawn  and stay in place and get killed.

I agree that they can be pretty annoying. I hate when I am owned by nades all the time, but I love when I own with nades. So I live with that or leave the server. Easy.

When I don't want to be so close to enemy spammers, I go sniper, better Dragunov if MEC and problem solved

But the idea to do supply kit like in POE2 was pretty good.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6629|Seattle
limit it to one grenade WITH resupply (slow like smoke grenade). this benefits people using teamwork and people that are precise with grenades.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6725|S.E. United States

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

I just played 64 Jalalabad IO as US it was insane!! Everyone rushed the left side and on the plain it was grenade, grenade, grenade and medics! All there was were medics and support. It wasn't fun at all! Just die - revive - die -revive.

eliminate grenades from a "war" game.you may need to re-think this out,I understand your frustration but grenades have been a part of warfare since or before World War I (1914-1918).what you really need to do is find a better strategy.rather than trying to bull rush the left side maybe have a good squad with ,support, a couple medics(to revive you after your killed by a nade) and return the same style of attack on the enemy as you make your way into the city.no my friend eliminating nades or the amount supplied is not the answer,good teamwork and strategy is the key to that map.when IO ,jalalabad, first came out I too seemed frustrated at times when on the usmc side,but the more I played it the better and more fun it became.my stats on that map speak pretty well (Road to Jalalabad 50:06:44 119 112 1.06 78 ).no, I personally feel,and will find those that oppose my opinion as I have yours,but taking out claymores would make better sense.it really takes no skill or strategy to run around looking like your panties are wadded up your ass and dropping a claymore on the ground.I could  respect a sniper that places his clymore in a manner that keeps the enemy from coming up on him while he's on his belly(as I have many times) and sticking him in the back or shocking his ass to death.but the silly random drop,just plain sucks IMO.anyhow monkey,good luck on your future game strategy as grenades wont and never should be removed from warfare...
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6429

KillerYaNk wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

eliminate grenades from a "war" game.you may need to re-think this out,I understand your frustration but grenades have been a part of warfare since or before World War I (1914-1918).what you really need to do is find a better strategy.rather than trying to bull rush the left side maybe have a good squad with ,support, a couple medics(to revive you after your killed by a nade) and return the same style of attack on the enemy as you make your way into the city.no my friend eliminating nades or the amount supplied is not the answer,good teamwork and strategy is the key to that map.when IO ,jalalabad, first came out I too seemed frustrated at times when on the usmc side,but the more I played it the better and more fun it became.my stats on that map speak pretty well (Road to Jalalabad 50:06:44 119 112 1.06 78 ).no, I personally feel,and will find those that oppose my opinion as I have yours,but taking out claymores would make better sense.it really takes no skill or strategy to run around looking like your panties are wadded up your ass and dropping a claymore on the ground.I could  respect a sniper that places his clymore in a manner that keeps the enemy from coming up on him while he's on his belly(as I have many times) and sticking him in the back or shocking his ass to death.but the silly random drop,just plain sucks IMO.anyhow monkey,good luck on your future game strategy as grenades wont and never should be removed from warfare...
im pretty sure "war" as u said also has vehicles and artery.  But wait they made infantry only.  I say the original bf2 was the best and people should stop complaining and leave it how its meant to be.  If u dont like something play diff mod of bf2

Last edited by SpawnKiller (2006-12-10 13:12:51)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6745
KillerYank I think you're reading into this a bit too much.
Since when was I talking about removing grenades from modern warfare!! lol
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6725|S.E. United States
I didnt say anything referring to vehicles or arty,thats a whole different story.I believe this was in reference to "grenades".and as you said "I say the original bf2 was the best and people should stop complaining and leave it how its meant to be. " and " If u dont like something play diff mod of bf2 " and thats your opinion and are entitled to it.so if you are into the "original bf2" thats your choice.no one was really complaining about IO he even said he enjoyed it,he was complaining about nade spaming.so your post really seems meaningless in regards to this topic,but again you are entitled to an opinion.Im not going to complain about the "original bf2" but rather be satisfied that I have a choice in IO,the mod I prefer to play...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard