Remove grenades in infantry only?

Yes!23%23% - 43
No!48%48% - 88
Limit them to 1 (No resupply)28%28% - 51
Total: 182
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720
Yes I do love grenades. We all do. BUT
I just played 64 Jalalabad IO as US it was insane!! Everyone rushed the left side and on the plain it was grenade, grenade, grenade and medics! All there was were medics and support. It wasn't fun at all! Just die - revive - die -revive.

I was thinking of ways of combating this. I thought about removing grenades from infantry only maps all together. Would this work? I mean yes it would be annoying that you couldn't kill masses of people but to stop that pathetic frag fest then yes it would be worth it!!

Or there is only giving each player one grenade and having it unable to resupply it.

What do you think? And yes I do enjoy IO! I love it, apart from maps like Karkand and Jalalabad as the grnades ruin the squad manouvers found on other maps.

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2006-12-09 16:54:56)

ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6759|Clinton, MD, USA
It seems like only you and me think that this is a good idea. The mass grenade spammage just ruins the game.
brome
brap.
+244|6605|Accidental, TK

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Yes I do love grenades. We all do. BUT
I just played 64 Jalalabad IO as US it was insane!! Everyone rushed the left side and on the plain it was grenade, grenade, grenade and medics! All there was were medics and support. It wasn;t fun at all! Just dye - revive - die -revive.

I was thinking of ways of combating this. I thought about removing grenades from infantry only maps all together. Would this work? I mean yes it would be annoying that you couldn't kill masses of people but to stop that pathetic frag fest then yes it would be worth it!!

Or there is only giving each player one grenade and having it unable to resupply it.

What do you think? And yes I do enjoy IO! I love it, apart from maps like Karkand and Jalalabad as the grnades ruin the squad manouvers found on other maps.
NO! my precious frags... you can't get rid of them.  Taking grenades away from IO is like taking ... crack from a junkie?
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720
Don't get me wrong I love 'nades! It's just I think it's ruining the tactical squad element from IO enjoyed bay many maps and clans.
brome
brap.
+244|6605|Accidental, TK

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Don't get me wrong I love 'nades! It's just I think it's ruining the tactical squad element from IO enjoyed bay many maps and clans.
*shrug* I know they get spammed but it's nowhere near as lame as being raped by a karkand APC. You know you're on a bad team if you start getting killed by your own team's frags. repeatedly.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404
yah and why not nade launchers and at rockets  and ground defense and claymore.  Howa bout no c4 or flash grenades.  Definitely no uav.  How about no scopes on sniper rifles or no sights on the rest for the guns.  god that would make the game better.  Oh and i got pwned by i knife lets get rid of those 2.   Maybe then more people would be happy.   

People whined about  tanks and shit now all people complain about is infantry only nade spammers.  For all the complainers heres a game for you  http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p3994.htm

STOP WHINEING AND DEAL WITH IT
brome
brap.
+244|6605|Accidental, TK

SpawnKiller wrote:

yah and why not nade launchers and at rockets  and ground defense and claymore.  Howa bout no c4 or flash grenades.  Definitely no uav.  How about no scopes on sniper rifles or no sights on the rest for the guns.  god that would make the game better.  Oh and i got pwned by i knife lets get rid of those 2.   Maybe then more people would be happy.   

People whined about  tanks and shit now all people complain about is infantry only nade spammers.  For all the complainers heres a game for you  http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p3994.htm

I half agree with you, but with less harshness. Sorry, but how do you have such a specific link so readily available?
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720

SpawnKiller wrote:

I think you got the wrong end of the stick mate. I'm not complaining I was just suggesting ways in which we could possibly make the game more fun, not to nerf all the weapons!

I love grenades, but to have that type of gameplay where all you do for half an hour is lob a grenade and get resupplied? I hate they way Dice nerft the BH Minigun and Grenade launchers, but I think that taking or limiting the grenades would open up the great map for all to enjoy.

If you think I'm another "whine at being killed" then you're mistaken. Read before you post.

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2006-12-09 17:02:39)

SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404

brome wrote:

SpawnKiller wrote:

I half agree with you, but with less harshness. Sorry, but how do you have such a specific link so readily available?
lol i used same thing in diff post i got mad at all the complainers and found that game for them.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

SpawnKiller wrote:

I think you got the wrong end of the stick mate. I'm not complaining I was just suggesting ways in which we could possibly make the game more fun, not to nerf all the weapons!

I love grenades, but to have that type of gameplay where all you do for half an hour is lob a grenade and get resupplied? I hate they way Dice nerft the BH Minigun and Grenade launchers, but I think that taking or limiting the grenades would open up the great map for all to enjoy.

If you think I'm another "whine at being killed" then you're mistaken. Read before you post.
well dont play infantry only then.  But then the evil apc might get you.  Its freaking war.  Please dont trhow nades at me or use tanks.  Like come on pick a different map maybe or deal with it.  I have no problem with nade spammers.  They help kill the revive whores.  Whos fault is when ur standing around 5 other gys waiting for them to die just to revive them.  Theres ways around being hit by nades.
Stealth_Bain
+19|6515|England, United Kingdom
Slowly but surely we could remove every last factor from the game, grenades, the Gl's, then claymores c4, then rifles, pistols etc, no prone spamming etc. the game has been destroyed, patch by patch its becoming a point and shoot game.
Eventually we'l all be running around with the same rifles and it'll only be down to reactions nothing else!!
We must all learn to adapt, on the levels where people just lob grenades over walls, why not walk around the areas this occurs? In my experience people walk in to it like sheep them moan, learn to flank and take other flags, Karkland is the single best example.

lets not nerf it anymore, I'll go and play something else!!! lets be the intelligent humans we really are not a moaning bunch of noob!!
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720
Why are you so incent on complaining about this? It was just a suggestion. I don't mind the nade spamming, but I think the IO could be improoved with removing or limiting them!
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Why are you so incent on complaining about this? It was just a suggestion. I don't mind the nade spamming, but I think the IO could be improoved with removing or limiting them!
yah and im just saying that bunch people said that about tanks.  And nade launchers.  Soon there will be no nades and claymores range will be 2  cms
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720
Damn them! I love the things that go boom! Though have you tried getting out of the US base on 64 IO Jalalabad? Took me ages! And even then I was blown up by a dozen grenades while capping the base!

Stop thinking this is another whine about the game!
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Damn them! I love the things that go boom! Though have you tried getting out of the US base on 64 IO Jalalabad? Took me ages! And even then I was blown up by a dozen grenades while capping the base!

Stop thinking this is another whine about the game!
yah that map is not meant for IO

in my opinion there should still be jeeps in infantry only.  Jeep would spread out the people and let for easier acess to other parts of map while there cant really be "jeep whoreing".  OMG that guy is driveing the jeep in circles  what a jeep whore.  lol just wouldnt happen.  Need soeme sort of transport vehicles
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6588|United States
We get that you have nothing against nade spamming, but you obviously have a big issue with it since nades made you post here. It's a game, but it's a war game, and war is hell. Deal with it. I think the game is well balanced at the moment. If you're playing on a server full of nade spammers and you aren't having fun, guess what! You have hundreds of other servers to choose from, hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
Stealth_Bain

BeerzGod wrote:

We get that you have nothing against nade spamming, but you obviously have a big issue with it since nades made you post here. It's a game, but it's a war game, and war is hell. Deal with it. I think the game is well balanced at the moment. If you're playing on a server full of nade spammers and you aren't having fun, guess what! You have hundreds of other servers to choose from, hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
couldn't of said it better.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404

BeerzGod wrote:

EXACTLY.  And you can easily go around the spammers and knife them all from behind
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720
Grrrr. Somehow I guessed I would get this! I LOVE BF2, but I think the nade spamming on Jalalabad especially in IO is detracting from the main point of the game, a kickass online shooter! But at the momment Jalalabad is an online nade simulator. Which is a shame because I love that damn map and when the MEC let the US break through on IO it's fantastic! But then it ends too fast as loads of tickets have been lost getting to that stage.
SpawnKiller
#1 Karkand Whore
+14|6404
as i said that map wasnt meant for IO.  It should have some jeeps or people that arent point hungry.  That map is ez if have sqaud that wants to win and not get tons points.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6665|I smell corners

Stealth_Bain wrote:

Slowly but surely we could remove every last factor from the game, grenades, the Gl's, then claymores c4, then rifles, pistols etc, no prone spamming etc. the game has been destroyed, patch by patch its becoming a point and shoot game.
Eventually we'l all be running around with the same rifles and it'll only be down to reactions nothing else!!
We must all learn to adapt, on the levels where people just lob grenades over walls, why not walk around the areas this occurs? In my experience people walk in to it like sheep them moan, learn to flank and take other flags, Karkland is the single best example.

lets not nerf it anymore, I'll go and play something else!!! lets be the intelligent humans we really are not a moaning bunch of noob!!
totaly agree with you
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6720

SpawnKiller wrote:

as i said that map wasnt meant for IO.  It should have some jeeps or people that arent point hungry.  That map is ez if have sqaud that wants to win and not get tons points.
VERY true. though most people aren't in a clan or have no idea what the word "teamwork" is aboot.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6575|Oslo, Norway
No. Nein. Nei. Niet. etc...
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6402|San Jose CA.
I say NO, I don't really use them but It's good to know I have them..
Stealth_Bain

-Solv3r- wrote:

No. Nein. Nei. Niet. etc...
Erm, No!
Anyone who can't speak english Babel Fish will translate my answer!!   

"NO"!!!!!!!!

http://babel.altavista.com/tr

Last edited by Stealth_Bain (2006-12-09 17:30:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard