klepdoh
+1|6340
Hey guys , I've had the game for a few days now and am currently a few hundred points away from the Sergeant rank. My player ID is under the nick 'klepdoh'.

Currently I've been playing the majority of my time as either a medic or sniper. I mostly play on infantry only maps like Kark, Warlord, etc. I spent my unlocks on the two sniper rifles (regretting that now) and the two medic rifles (not really regretting that one). As a medic with the l85a1 when I engage an enemy that is in close range I don't bother to right-click to 'zoom' and just fire as fast as I can in burst mode.

When I am using the g36-e I have a hard time deciding what to do, it seems like unless I aim through the scope the gun isn't accurate at all. I usually fire in 3 or 4 shot bursts , letting the recoil reset in between each burst in the prone position. I'm much more successful with the l85a1 compared to the g36-e , but I read on the forums that a lot of people say that I should be the opposite.

I'm really looking for some pointers on being better at playing the medic, and any advice would be appreciated. Any links to some good videos to watch, or written guides, etc. would be great.

Also, where is a good place to look for an organized team at ? I'd love to play with a coordinated group in scrims/etc. like I used to do on counter-strike.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6638
Dont, I repeat dont become a sniper.

Join a clan

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2006-12-09 16:09:06)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6583|Iceland
u should have seen me with the l85 back in the days, I tought it was a sniper so I would get ontop of some building and try to snipe in single shot, got like 3 kills from all my clips

aww the nub days

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-12-09 16:10:58)

klepdoh
+1|6340
Yeah, don't worry about that. I really only play sniper maybe once after a lot of rounds as medic just to do something different; I usually end up switching back before the round is even over.
Des.Kmal
+917|6607|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Join a clan
thats a VERY good suggestion.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR
Banned
+4|6561
dont use unlocks i heard they are for scrubs
none unlocks FTw
lol AK-101 and The ak-47 are So elite LOL
klepdoh
+1|6340
Well where can I look some up at ? I play on a bunch of clan sponsored servers but they seem to just mass recruit and avoid the whole quality over quantity approach to things...
Aust1mh
+23|6557|Sydney, Australia
It's really a "To Each Him Own" kinda game... i use the right kit for the right fight back.
Des.Kmal

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

none unlocks FTw
i bet i would own u with the ak101 if u had another medic gun.

they are so ELITE ZOMG H4X ROFLMAO!!11!11oneone2!11!
[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR
Banned
+4|6561

Des.Kmal wrote:

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

none unlocks FTw

lol ak-101 is such a noob gun
spray like a bitch until you hit something
oh is far single shot him GTFo with that Bs
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6482|N. Ireland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Dont, I repeat dont become a sniper.
coming from the person who has spent 180 hours as a sniper, and every other kit bar medic has less than 60 hours.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6354
Dont use unlocks. Ak101/ak47 and m16a2 only.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6717|Honolulu, HI
Well hello there, another fellow Medic addict in the making, I see.  Don't be put off by the sarcastic comments in this thread, the AK-101/AK-47 may not be accurate and yes, you may end up needing to "spray" to kill things close up.  But that's just the way the gun is designed.  And when your enemy is running circles around you and hopping all over creation, it isn't as easy to hit a target at point-blank as you might think, even with a full auto AK in your hands.

Surprisingly the L85 has a nice scope on it, unfortunately it's pretty inaccurate.  The G36 on the other hand is disturbingly accurate.  You have the right idea, though.  At closer ranges it's usually not worth the time to zoom before opening fire.

As for going prone, it'll probably take you some time to decide when to do it and when not to.  You're a lot more accurate prone but on the other hand, you're a sitting duck and you'll take a precious second to get mobile again.  Usually at close range you should stay on your feet and keep moving, at mid range (20 metres and up) you can grab the initiative and flop into prone, shoot a few shots and if your target keeps moving, get back up and pursue him.

If you play a lot of IO then you'll learn to hate nade spammers, which is yet another reason to avoid unnecessarily zooming or going prone.  It's hard to run away from nades when you're zoomed or prone...

Anyway I'd be more than happy to play a round or two in your squad sometime, or give you a few more pointers, just send a PM my way and let me know.  Happy hunting!
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6408|Qatar: Where The Players Play
Don't listen to these medic whores... Sniper FTW!
My stats still suffer the learning curve, which for a good sniper is usually quite steep; however, I can go with a K/D of at least 8:1 nowadays at any range sniping. But to be a good sniper it's not all rifles. You need to practice that A LOT, but also get comfortable with pistols and VERY comfortable with knives. It's a practice thing, but sniper is where it's at. Bar NONE.
-ViC
ReTox
+100|6488|State of RETOXification
The best advice I can give anyone is to know when to reload and when not to.  You have a pistol and a knife so when your primary weapon is out of rounds, think about if it's safe to reload or if you would be better off going pistol and then knife.  Many times as a sniper, and almost always with the bolt action rifles, I have my initial shot that almost kills then I switch to pistol and in one shot got my kill.  Makes getting pistol kills pretty easy as well.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6359|Pittsburgh, PA USA

klepdoh wrote:

Well where can I look some up at ? I play on a bunch of clan sponsored servers but they seem to just mass recruit and avoid the whole quality over quantity approach to things...
BF2s has a nice little recruiting/need recruited section you can check out for clans that are looking for people, it's right there ----> http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=8

All most all clans will take anybody that wants in & the other ones will want you to have more play time to join up. It's really up to you. Only advice I can really give is spend as much time as you can playing so you get used to how things work & learn the maps, after that your scores will start to go higher & higher everyday.
banthej10
+2|6341
Don't ever pick up the sniper kit, unless you need the badges for it.

Use unlocks unless you are going to join a clan.

Learn to fly.

Don't command in pubs unless you're on a team that is guaranteed to win (PLA on Dalian), or are adept at mind control. From my experience, even the best commander can't do anything with a team of morons who TK for vehicles.

Learn to defend yourself against force TKers and TKers.

Don't worry about BFROE noobs trying to tell you what you can and can't do. Play on K/P servers if you want, and ignore all the retards who threaten to get you reset.
pRiNcEkAhUnA1
+6|6458

klepdoh wrote:

Also, where is a good place to look for an organized team at ? I'd love to play with a coordinated group in scrims/etc. like I used to do on counter-strike.
www.righttorebel.net
x-fire princekahuna1
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6408|Qatar: Where The Players Play

banthej10 wrote:

Don't ever pick up the sniper kit, unless you need the badges for it.

Use unlocks unless you are going to join a clan.

Learn to fly.

Don't command in pubs unless you're on a team that is guaranteed to win (PLA on Dalian), or are adept at mind control. From my experience, even the best commander can't do anything with a team of morons who TK for vehicles.

Learn to defend yourself against force TKers and TKers.

Don't worry about BFROE noobs trying to tell you what you can and can't do. Play on K/P servers if you want, and ignore all the retards who threaten to get you reset.
I like everything there except the Don't go sniper bit... That's bad advice! lol. Nothing can touch an L96... those things make anyone look good.
-ViC
Des.Kmal

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

none unlocks FTw

dude, learn some grammar, shit.

i understand that ak101 is a "noob" (i cant say that out loud, i feel like such a nerd, even typing...) gun, but after that, i dont understand you.

anyway, you dont spray with the ak101, which, almost certainly, is why you suck balls with it, aim for the head and shot bursts of 2-3.

geez.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6559|United States
Engineer + tank. Fack those sissy Medics.
PASSUBY
+30|6622|Louisiana
Ahhhh.......The Almighty "PURPLE HEART"
https://www.kshs.org/cool3/graphics/purpleheart.jpg
[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR
Banned
+4|6561

Des.Kmal wrote:

[GS]ChrONOtriGGeR wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

dude, learn some grammar, shit.

i understand that ak101 is a "noob" (i cant say that out loud, i feel like such a nerd, even typing...) gun, but after that, i dont understand you.

anyway, you dont spray with the ak101, which, almost certainly, is why you suck balls with it, aim for the head and shot bursts of 2-3.

geez.
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/thekillers668/indifferent-blink.gif............https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/thekillers668/icon_biggrin-1.gif
klepdoh
+1|6340
Well thanks to those of you that posted replies with actual advice in them. I've been playing more with the m16 when I'm on USMC, and I have a lot more success with it than the unlocks. I hate the AK though, it just isn't my style.

The past few days every time I play I've managed to keep at least a K : D ratio of 1:1 , sometimes going over 2:1 ... So I'm getting there

Last edited by klepdoh (2006-12-09 17:31:26)

link52787
+29|6511
eh I use to snipe alot, gets boring.  Now I'm off my belly and helping cap flags.  But I do alot of sniping on 2142.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard