RasorX
+17|6744|Indianapolis
I am pretty tired about EVERYONE complaing about cheaters/hackers/stat padders.  The way i see it, the only reason you would complain is if you're a.) just  generally whiny b.) jealous or c.) jealous or d.) a retard.  In every game i play, console and PC, i put the setting to hard, and turn off all the AI help, autoaim, infinite ammo, etc.  Why? because i love the challenge of the game.  The same applies for this game. Yeah it was really rough and frustrating starting out and getting slaughtered, but eventually you get the hang of it and can start dominating.

Let me try and prove my point.  I earned my knife badge/vet knife badge 100% completely honest, and i know a lot of other people have too.  It sucked, i would get about 3 kills and 18 deaths a round trying to get it for almost 3 straight days. But when i finally got it the thrill and sense of accomplishment of getting those 7 kills IAR cannot be taken away by ALL the people in the world huddled into a pile of knife/shockpaddle cheating.  And im sure everyone who earned it honestly will agree. 

Does score really matter that much? Yes and no.  Of course it's fun to see how you stack up against the rest of the world players, but essentially you're playing a game.  This is not life and death.  In 5 years when nobody is playing this game will all the cheaters playing now matter? No.

Now the part i really dont understand. If you read these forums in any length you see people complain about a certain server and the cheaters and stat padders and how they dispise them, then you hear them say they KEEP GOING BACK TO THAT SERVER!  If you are one of these people, please keep all opinions to yourself as you are clearly mentally defective.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6763|Oregon, USA
great point. i totally agree with you.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6745
OK.  Let's see what you did.

Paragraph 1:  Showed how Macho you were.
Paragraph 2:  Showed that you weren't a cheater.
Paragraph 3:  Showed that you don't really care what happens.
Paragraph 4:  OK, so you have a valid point there.

But... you don't need to set yourself up to look like a hero.  Really.  I got my knife/pistol badge honestly, as I'm sure 98% of people do.  I've encountered one stat padder, and one "supposed" hacker in the 3 months I've played BF2.  It isn't a real problem, we don't need 1500 threads on it.
CplGraveDigger
+0|6732
One day at band camp, I saw a cheater!

LOL

Digger
thinner44
+1|6811
I was shopping today and saw a cheat in the '10 items or less' que, she clearly had 11 items. I so wanted to sneak up and knife her

Paragraph 4. I couldn't have put it better myself ... apart from the "mentally defective" bit. I prefer mentally challenged
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys

CplGraveDigger wrote:

One day at band camp, I saw a cheater!

LOL

Digger
^_^ lol
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6753|Toronto, ON
I can get the expert knife on Operation Clean Sweep for G*d sake, why does everyone say its impossible.

I would have gotten 20 expert knifes by now if they allowed more than 1.
Alpha as fuck.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6755|Medicland, sthlm

They cheated in WW2 as well... This is proof.

https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4333/107011privateryansig4lc.gif
Sud
+0|6749
Let me try and prove my point.  I earned my knife badge/vet knife badge 100% completely honest, and i know a lot of other people have too.  It sucked, i would get about 3 kills and 18 deaths a round trying to get it for almost 3 straight days. But when i finally got it the thrill and sense of accomplishment of getting those 7 kills IAR cannot be taken away by ALL the people in the world huddled into a pile of knife/shockpaddle cheating.  And im sure everyone who earned it honestly will agree.
Best paragraph ever written on these forums. In another thread, there was some guy trying to say he wasn't a stat padder. When pointed out that he had 14 deaths to someone IAR, he said "oh we were just having knife duels and I died a lot because I suck with knife". Oh yes, so the free knife badges you traded with that other person in a pre-meditated fashion certainly wasn't stat padding. I commend you for getting your knife badge the legitimate way instead of falling into the "oh this is easier" temptation that a lot fall into.

I am pretty tired about EVERYONE complaing about cheaters/hackers/stat padders.  The way i see it, the only reason you would complain is if you're a.) just  generally whiny b.) jealous or c.) jealous or d.) a retard.  In every game i play, console and PC, i put the setting to hard, and turn off all the AI help, autoaim, infinite ammo, etc.  Why? because i love the challenge of the game.  The same applies for this game. Yeah it was really rough and frustrating starting out and getting slaughtered, but eventually you get the hang of it and can start dominating.
Small disagreement with this, in that there are some hacks that are just blatantly obvious. Like when you see a lone tank on UAV with no allies around it, you bring your tank up to it, fire on it, and it retaliates taking your tank to 2 bars burning in a single shot. Or when you sneak up behind someone, unload your rifle into the back of his head point blank, and he turns around and kills you in 1 hit with stand and fire SAW.

Does score really matter that much? Yes and no.  Of course it's fun to see how you stack up against the rest of the world players, but essentially you're playing a game.  This is not life and death.  In 5 years when nobody is playing this game will all the cheaters playing now matter? No.
On ranked servers, it does hold some importance. As a general rule, I expect everyone on my team to hold a 1:1 K/D ratio (the only exception may be a medic who is doing very well with heals/revives, thus preventing ticket loss). That of course is to reflect that your team is not a ticket liability. While there is an understanding that a lot of people are just starting out and are learning the ropes, this is what we have unranked servers and single player mode for. Same goes for armor, generally put, the assaults and specops shouldn't be grabbing these if better players and/or engineers are waiting for them. The amount of power when engineers team up in an armor convoy is incredible, and it's disappointing to see armor being wasted so some yahoo can get a couple kills before he's blown up by C4.

Now the part i really dont understand. If you read these forums in any length you see people complain about a certain server and the cheaters and stat padders and how they dispise them, then you hear them say they KEEP GOING BACK TO THAT SERVER!  If you are one of these people, please keep all opinions to yourself as you are clearly mentally defective.
No doubt.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6839|A Small Isle in the Tropics

RasorX wrote:

But when i finally got it the thrill and sense of accomplishment of getting those 7 kills IAR cannot be taken away by ALL the people in the world huddled into a pile of knife/shockpaddle cheating.  And im sure everyone who earned it honestly will agree.
I agree with all that you have said..except the above..only because the server takes it away from you when it didnt register   happened to me with my basic sniper badge. But the satisfaction was to earn the basic and vet sniper badge and good conduct ribbon all in one round subsequently. Persistence is key, and yes, once you get it, the satisfaction is there. Play for your own stats and satisfaction. As for the cheaters, exit the server and go elsewhere, guys.

@M90medic.. man, i couldnt stop lmao at your clip.. well done! it freaking hilarious..
Yellow 13
+2|6735|Plano Texas
I think if we all hack there wont be hackers any more and this will bring peace to the galaxy

That be a real funno vidder up dar that is
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6757|NH - USA
Round and round it goes, when it stops, nobody knows. I feel your pain, but its ironic about complaining about the complainers.  (lol)
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6740
OK, so what do I call a guy that doesn't die with C4 right by his feet? INtead he went up flying in the air and opened parachute.

What I call A guy that didn't die from 5 Pump Action Shotgun blasts in the head at knife range? (I went behind him and pumped him with lead, he turns and kill me)
dshak
+4|6814
cheaters suck... they ruin the game... (insert other generic anti cheater complaints here)... tongue sticking out, in your direction. go ahead, gripe back at me, I'm rubber you're glue...
Thepope319
+-1|6829
I have a question any one having a problem with certain servers where the jeeps dont move then all of a suddon move. Anyone else encounter this?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

Thepope319 wrote:

I have a question any one having a problem with certain servers where the jeeps dont move then all of a suddon move. Anyone else encounter this?
This has nothing to do with this thread... please make a new thread if you want your question taken seriously.
Esker
+1|6728

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

OK, so what do I call a guy that doesn't die with C4 right by his feet? INtead he went up flying in the air and opened parachute.
I'd call that trying to blow up a teammate on a server with friend fire turned off.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6740

Esker wrote:

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

I'd call that trying to blow up a teammate on a server with friend fire turned off.
He was an enemy 100% and he was capping a flag I had C4, All his teammates died except him.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
I like the Private Ryan thing. But yeah after reading some of my posts and I realize I contradicted somethings because I learned how to play, I toob now also unfortunately, and I am taking the badge thing a little more serious until I get all unlocks. I don't cheat, but I also don't go around saying people sucks because of the judgement of other peoples stats, this I hear and read alot. Some of these 'cheats' could be anything, like lag is a big one, some peoples computer are slower and so on, and if they truly are, take a Mission Incomplete. I totally agree with you RasorX. Some people take this way to serious.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6766
fuck statpadders.

i worked my ass off to get my vet knife on karkand and a few rounds later i saw 4 guys knifing each other on a secluded part of the map.  i called them out for padding and they claimed they were having "knife fights" eventhough i saw that they were pretty much standing still.  i had to deal with tanks, apcs, rifles, pistols, hand grenades, nade launchers, claymores, C4, and even other knives to get my badge, while these guys just took the easy route.

i don't get annoyed by much of the things in the game, but this kind of crap sickens me

*to the originator of the post i agree with most of the stuff you said. nothing more annoying then someone who types a cheat complaint in the CHAT everytime they get killed

ex: "How darest thou kill me, thou must be a cheater, i am the supreme overlord of this BF2 jousting arena and no one in all the land hast ever slain me"

all of you whiners, get off your high horse and deal with it like the rest of us

on another note, the map to make your knife badges on is mashtuur.  yesterday night i made 11 blade kills IAR just shanking prone snipers. all were based on opportunity, i wasn't even hunting for knife kills!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard