Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6487|The Land of Scott Walker

Parker wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Parker wrote:

holy shit, im gonna start a holy war because im butt hurt......oh wait i have morals and principles which tell me that things like that are wrong. thats what makes me better than those animals.
thank you morals and principles.
and thank you ibrahim for making your pathetic beliefs look that much more ridiculous. woohoo extremism!!!
I just love the fact that you claim to have morals and principles and then turn around and declare that 1.79 billion human beings are animals followed by calling their beliefs "pathetic" and "ridiculous."

I'm sure that's exactly what Jesus would have done...
wow and where exactly did i say that?
now look hard because you will find me saying that about extremists but not muslims in general.
That's a big problem in the US right now.  Criticize extremists and you'll get labeled as a hater of all Muslims.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6889|San Francisco

Parker wrote:

now look hard because you will find me saying that about extremists but not muslims in general.
Your pronoun usage in reference to the article, which never uses the word "extremist."
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6889|San Francisco

Stingray24 wrote:

Parker wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

I just love the fact that you claim to have morals and principles and then turn around and declare that 1.79 billion human beings are animals followed by calling their beliefs "pathetic" and "ridiculous."

I'm sure that's exactly what Jesus would have done...
That's a big problem in the US right now.  Criticize extremists and you'll get labeled as a hater of all Muslims.
Then simply be more specific when slinging hateful words while claiming to be tolerant and moral and there will be no confusion.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6494|Bradford UK
derail anyone?   the point is, is it right to piss on anyones bible....its tantamount to disrespecting someones religion. is that right?
Stingray24

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Parker wrote:

Then simply be more specific when slinging hateful words while claiming to be tolerant and moral and there will be no confusion.
I thought he was quite specific at the end of the above post and the rest he's added here.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6436|The Gem Saloon
people read what they want to see. its an unfortunate side effect of the internet.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6494|Bradford UK

Stingray24 wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I thought he was quite specific at the end of the above post and the rest he's added here.
.me think so too, its the same problem here in England
stef10
+173|6524|Denmark
-
Stingray24

[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH wrote:

derail anyone?   the point is, is it right to piss on anyones bible....its tantamount to disrespecting someones religion. is that right?
Yes, pissing the Koran or the Bible or the Torah, etc etc is tantamount to disrespecting someone's religion.  So is ripping out pages and burning and spitting on them.  At least one moderate, the boy's father, has spoken up in condemnation of the acts.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6494|Bradford UK

stef10 wrote:

-
?
stef10
+173|6524|Denmark
Torah? Is that the Hebrew name for the bible?

The  -  means also here in Denmark. Only sometimes.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-12-08 13:41:57)

Stingray24

Parker wrote:

people read what they want to see. its an unfortunate side effect of the internet.
Very true.  Use bold type, that works sometimes. Maybe they're near-sighted.
Stingray24

stef10 wrote:

The Torah (sp) is the sacred text for the Jewish faith.  Jewish folks are free to correct me if I am not using the correct terms.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6494|Bradford UK

stef10 wrote:

The  -  means also here in Denmark. Only sometimes.
Ah ok, thanks for that.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6889|San Francisco

Parker wrote:

I reiterate, be more specific and this will not happen.

Slapping on, "woohoo extremism" at the end of your intolerant statements does not tell me anything other than perhaps you are really excited about extremism. Nowhere in the article does it state the 13 year old Muslim boy is some sort of extremist. In fact it claims that his father brought him up in a household where they learn about many other religions, including Christianity. I suppose some people could read your earlier post and claim that you too are an extremist for denouncing the beliefs of others, but that does not make it so. My point being that you have no clue why this kid would desecrate a Bible, it could have been a dare from friends for instance, so why jump to conclusions instead of sticking with the text in the article?

This is the internet, and I am unable to read your face or body language to tell if you are being sarcastic or joking about something. Spell it out better and things won't be misunderstood.
stef10
+173|6524|Denmark
But in Hebrew it is actually spelled Tohr. I think.
Is there not any Jewish people here.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-12-08 13:48:30)

Stingray24

stef10 wrote:

They are probably hiding because they'd get flamed to no end by CPoe.
Parker
isteal
then i apologize. in the future i will make sure to use the /sarcasm/ thing so everyone knows what i am meaning. i forget that i am adressing more than the group of "regulars" i normally debate with here and pretty much know my style.
again i offer my apoligies for not being specific enough in the first post, and i will make changes in the future to prevent such an event from happening again.

and yes i suppose some could call me an extremist for denouncing the beliefs of others. the "others" in this case though happen to want my countrymen and i dead, so i AM an extremist in that sense.
now i was wrong about making the assumption that he was an extremist to begin with. the things his father said is a very valid defense for NOT being a muslim extremist. however in my defense, in this day and age when a muslim makes an action like that, there are not many ways for it to be interprited.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6494|Bradford UK

stef10 wrote:

oh, you sir are a true warrior,  you want to pick on the jews now? you disgust me!!!   

j/k
stef10
+173|6524|Denmark
Well Cpoe is a red haired man who likes to generalize. Do I have to say anymore.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6602
Ill tape mmyyself takiing a shit on the korran. Anyone got one? Then I can post tthe vid here and start  WW3.
I'm serious too.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6542|Los Angeles
Stingray, what is the original point of this thread? What are you trying to express, or what kind of discussion are you hoping to spark?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6639|Seattle

I'm not going to lie to you, I hate religion.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Parker
isteal
i derailed the thread....my bad guys.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6764|Eastern PA

King_County_Downy wrote:

I'm not going to lie to you, I hate religion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard