B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6416|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
ive been told my laptop's graphics card isnt compatible with bf2 its a mobile intel(R) 915m/gms, 910gml express chipset im not sure this is right or not? but if it isnt compatible which graphics card should i get, i dont want anything fancy just somthing thats relativly cheap since i dont mind running low to medium settings my laptop is a hp pavilion dv1000 so any graphic cards that would work on it would be helpfull thanks.
joker8baller
+68|6692
You can replace laptop graphics cards easily?
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6527|Houston, TX
You can't upgrade the graphics on the laptop.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

You can't upgrade the graphics on the laptop.
Why is that i thought i could?

With the graphics card that came with my laptop when i bought it i tried to play the demo version of bf2 but i only got a black screen on start-up would this be the same problem with the real version?
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6576|Reading, Basingrad
Your laptop is a multimedia laptop and is not designed for playing any taxing 3d games.....and forget about urgrading the GFX as it is impossible on this machine.

88 in the 3DMark 2003 test kinda proves that
Either sell it and get a lappy with standalone graphics or buy a desktop.....that's the only way you're gonna get to play BF2/BF2142 I'm afraid.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
Thanks for the help guys i guess i should start looking into buying a desktop since my old desktop is outdated now i was looking into buying a dell dimention e520. it has intergrated intel(r) media accelerator x3000 would that be able to run bf2? because on the dell website you can upgrade the computer to come with a 256mb nvidia geforce 7300le turbocache and seeing as i dont know much about graphics cards would this be anygood?
Camski
+1|6734|Sydney, Australia
The performance of the 7300le Turbocache is questionable.

A friend has one and it will JUST handle BF2.

I advise getting a card that has nothing directly related to 'TurboCache' or 'Shared Memory'.

Look at a 7600GT, good budget card, provided Dell supply it.

---- This specific model 7300 is much like the Intel X3000 you mentioned, only slightly better.

Last edited by Camski (2006-12-08 01:16:05)

B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
Im only really intrested in having low settings medium if it will allow, but seeing as you said the 7300 isnt much better then the intel x3000 i dont think its really worth paying an extra $150 aus$ for would you agree?
Dieselboy

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Thanks for the help guys i guess i should start looking into buying a desktop since my old desktop is outdated now i was looking into buying a dell dimention e520. it has intergrated intel(r) media accelerator x3000 would that be able to run bf2? because on the dell website you can upgrade the computer to come with a 256mb nvidia geforce 7300le turbocache and seeing as i dont know much about graphics cards would this be anygood?
Build one.

1. You will get a better machine out of it.

2. More importantly....you will learn the ins and outs of pcs.

3. There are plenty of experienced, knowledgeable and very willing forum members who will help you out from beginning to end.

If you really want to go for a prebuilt......save up a bit more cash and go for a company like www.wired2fire.co.uk who make rigs for people who know the difference between good/shit rigs......avoid Dell (except their monitors of course!)
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
My dads friend had built me a pc from scratch but this was ages ago and it is now badly outdated. I would rather buy a prebuilt to save all the hassel with putting it together but seeing as im only 16 with no job i dont really have much to spend $ wise i have about $900 australian dollars and the dell is the best i could find for $897 unless you know a better brand which would have a pc for around that.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
I guess as long as the dell dimention e520 with intergrated intel(r) media accelerator x3000 runs bf2 without lag on low settings id be happy with it.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6527|Houston, TX
Avoid any computer with integrated graphics.  You can probably kiss playing BF2 goodbye if you have integrated graphics...
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
Whats so bad about intergrated graphics?
fannwong00
+6|6718|Paris, France (Sporean)

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Whats so bad about intergrated graphics?
Hey,

Integrated graphics doesn't have 3d rendering engines (last time I heard) so your PC might slow down even playing simple 3d games like Command&Conquer (last version used 3d graphics). Also it uses your RAM for graphics instead of using its own RAM. That's why it never states how much RAM it has unlike the 7600 GO (256MB) Nividia laptop graphic chipset. Dell XPS, Acer, Asus gaming laptops uses either ATI or Nvidia graphic chips for onboard graphics.

You can get a pretty decent PC for gaming, focus on the graphic card and RAM, that is the key. Something in the order of 7900GS + 1.5to2GB RAM + Intel Duo Core 2 should get you some pretty decent gaming for a few years. 900aus is no small some of cash to spend but if that money gets you a PC that is only able to play serious games for <1 year, why not go to your local lan shop (if your area has any) to play?

Best

Last edited by fannwong00 (2006-12-08 03:02:19)

Greenboi
+14|6392
Core2Duo E6300 (lowest end conroe, but will own bf2) $131 USD (ill convert at the end)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6819115005

Radeon X1800GTO - $139 USD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814102021

Maybe someone could help me out with the motherboard, im english and newegg is confusing me lol

A gig of decent ram - $104.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6820145526

These are not totaly up to date components, but they will DEFINATELY run bf2 on high, and will last you a good while

USD total = 131 + 139 + 104 =

374.00 USD  United States Dollars  = 474.486 AUD  Australia Dollars 

Then just add on the mobo prices, use your old monitor, and hard drive to begin with, old mouse and keyboard, it wont add up to more than you have

The problem with buying from dell (aside from unreliability in some cases) is the fact you dont pay for just the components, you pay for the brand name most of the time, and the warranty also.  When you build it yourself, you save a LOT of cash!  Its just having the balls to try and build it (its really not that hard; just remember, if it doesnt fit, it doesnt go there.

Guys, help me out with the motherboard, i couldnt find a suitable one for a c2d - Thanks.

Hope this helped
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

I guess as long as the dell dimention e520 with intergrated intel(r) media accelerator x3000 runs bf2 without lag on low settings id be happy with it.
Integrated graphics will make you cry in BF2. It wouldn't even start.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dieselboy

Greenboi wrote:

Core2Duo E6300 (lowest end conroe, but will own bf2) $131 USD (ill convert at the end)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6819115005

Radeon X1800GTO - $139 USD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814102021

Maybe someone could help me out with the motherboard, im english and newegg is confusing me lol

A gig of decent ram - $104.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6820145526

These are not totaly up to date components, but they will DEFINATELY run bf2 on high, and will last you a good while

USD total = 131 + 139 + 104 =

374.00 USD  United States Dollars  = 474.486 AUD  Australia Dollars 

Then just add on the mobo prices, use your old monitor, and hard drive to begin with, old mouse and keyboard, it wont add up to more than you have

The problem with buying from dell (aside from unreliability in some cases) is the fact you dont pay for just the components, you pay for the brand name most of the time, and the warranty also.  When you build it yourself, you save a LOT of cash!  Its just having the balls to try and build it (its really not that hard; just remember, if it doesnt fit, it doesnt go there.

Guys, help me out with the motherboard, i couldnt find a suitable one for a c2d - Thanks.

Hope this helped
Unfortunately Newegg don't ship overseas so these prices are invalid.

To buy a half decent rig in Aus you're gonna need to cannibalise your old pc.

Keep:
Floppy drive
CD/DVD rom
Monitor
HDD (if it is decent enough!)

Buy from www.megapc.com.au
CPU - Core 2 Duo E6300 - $294.80
GFX - XpertVision 7600GS - $147.40
Motherboard - Asrock ConRoe865PE - $92.40
HDD - Western Digital WD800JD 80GB - $82.50
Memory - OCZ 1 GB (2x512mb) DDR PC-3200 - $191.40
Case - Basic black case with 400W psu - $55

Total AU $863

If you're on a budget you don't really need 2GB mem
Greenboi
+14|6392
Ah thats a shame, i thought they shipped overseas... cant blame a guy for trying eh?

Good luck building the new rig though
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6761|Salt Lake City

Just be careful when buying a pre-built PC.  Many of them, especially those in the lower price range, have integrated graphics, but lack an upgrade slot for graphics.  All of the PCs we order for our office are Dell machines, and many of those low end models lack a PCI-e slot to upgrade the graphics.

If you don't ask the right questions you may find yourself with a machine that leaves you no better off than you are now with your laptop.
Greenboi
+14|6392

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Just be careful when buying a pre-built PC.  Many of them, especially those in the lower price range, have integrated graphics, but lack an upgrade slot for graphics.  All of the PCs we order for our office are Dell machines, and many of those low end models lack a PCI-e slot to upgrade the graphics.

If you don't ask the right questions you may find yourself with a machine that leaves you no better off than you are now with your laptop.
QFT

If you DO decide to buy pre-build, do some research first
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
I guess ill build my own but i really dont know much about putting one together myself are there any sites that would give me a rough idea on how? And thanks for all the info you guys have given me so far.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6575|UK

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

I guess ill build my own but i really dont know much about putting one together myself are there any sites that would give me a rough idea on how? And thanks for all the info you guys have given me so far.
There's one on this site sticked:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=24024

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard