Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6755

Tell your funny/strange/amazing/fake stories of how you met someone who you could trace to via friends/family.

For example (this one is a bit extreme);

While out on monday night, we started talking to a couple of girls and this guy, and we've kept in touch for a bit... and by some freak occurence, it turns out that one of the girls' sister in Canada works with my friend's brother's friend, who himself also happens to know my cousin's friend's wife. Pretty extreme there, but you get what I mean (i think)

A few months ago, someone e-mailed me asking about how I know Dear Visutthitada, aka Lydia (Thai Singer 2006), which I mentioned in that 'do you know someone famous' thread here at BF2S. Turns out he used to go to my school, and was a freshie when my brother was a senior. I knew his brother who is a year older than I, and he knew Dear, who I know as my friend's sister. But the fact that it got through to me via this website... heh.

Your experiences?
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6812|Belgium

But beanie, didn't you know?

I am your father

R
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6690

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

But beanie, didn't you know?

I am your father

R
Holy crap, I thought you had died.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
My stepmother's cousin is a pop singer in Taiwan.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6737|Houston, TX

Simone wrote:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
As close as I can get to something plausible IRL.

KJ
explosivo
Banned
+262|6635
my pop singer in taiwan is cyborg_ninja-117's stepmothers cousin

Last edited by explosivo (2006-12-08 07:23:18)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6583|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Here in Scarborough I worked in a popular bar called "the Cask"
I went for a years travelling in NZ. Walked into a pub got asked for ID (IT's 20 drinking age in NZ)
Turned round to see 3 of my regulars who I always had a good laugh with stood there with stupid grins on there faces.
"What you doing here"
"I've been here for 6 months"
"oh we thought you quit the pub and left"
Small world
Also same holiday in a big backpackers, was in the bar A chap said do I know you turns out he was from Bridlington (20 min down the road from Boro) and he recognised me as well from working in the cask.
Small world
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium
Im Elvis Presleys secret offspring.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6812|Belgium

PspRpg-7 wrote:

It's a work in progress, I'm just slow.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon
i moved from st louis to san antonio about a year ago to live for 6 months while i studied under a mastersmith down there. my wife and i knew NO people down there.
we were in the local grocery store one night getting food, and i look over and see a guy that used to work for me 2 years prior way back in st louis. turned out he had joined the air force and was at one of the many bases down there getting trained for 21 weeks.
definitly a small world.
i miss texas sometimes...........
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6822|USA! USA! USA!

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

It's a work in progress, I'm just slow.
That's just what he told your mom so she'd quit calling.  Now he's got a job.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6635
one time i went to my grans and met my grandpa there aswell

what the fuck are you doing here i said.

i fucking live here you daft cunt he said
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
I'm from London, was on holiday in California. At the top of a mountain footpath in Yosemite national park sitting at the top of a waterfall and I bump into my mate from school's dad. Turns out they were staying in the prak as well.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6840|San Francisco

This may take awhile to describe, but here goes.

When I was 17 I was up at a family camp that I used to attend each summer with my cousin and his family. Each camp has two different speakers who come up and give talks during the week long trip. One of the speakers was originally from England, but is now living in Washington State, but still goes back to England occasionally to visit with family and such. The daughter of this speaker and I got to be good friends during the camp session and kept in sparse touch via AIM for many many years after the camp had ended, although we never got to see each other in person again as I am in California and she is in Washington.

Perhaps 3 or 4 years later I was talking to an old friend of mine from high school whom shared lots of classes with me. Apparently she had just returned from a vacation over in Britain and was telling me about it. She said that she ran into a kind lady on the bus and they started talking and the lady asked where my friend was from, to which she replied, "Hanford" which is the town I grew up in and went to high school in. The lady immediately recognized this town and asked if she knew someone named Travis (my name) and of course she did. This lady on the bus turned out to be the mother of this friend I had made at camp 4 years previous!

Seemed to be a really strange coincidence that such people would run into each other half way across the planet, and both realize that they knew me of all people!
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6822|USA! USA! USA!
One time I was playing BF2 and all the sudden I died.  (Happens a lot.)  But then I saw that I was killed by tf-voodoochild.  I was like, "WHA!?  WHOA!" (That's about 90% of usual thoughts too.)  I then realized I somehow was playing against most the oldschool BF2S guys.  Not rl, but I think it counts.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6466|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
i was on holiday in turkey for 2 weeks, and we was in a bar when we got talking to another family, it turns out they are from the same village, and lived on the same road!

im tellin ya thats like 1 in a million chance of that happening so far away
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6563|USA

tF-voodoochild wrote:

This may take awhile to describe, but here goes.

When I was 17 I was up at a family camp that I used to attend each summer with my cousin and his family. Each camp has two different speakers who come up and give talks during the week long trip. One of the speakers was originally from England, but is now living in Washington State, but still goes back to England occasionally to visit with family and such. The daughter of this speaker and I got to be good friends during the camp session and kept in sparse touch via AIM for many many years after the camp had ended, although we never got to see each other in person again as I am in California and she is in Washington.

Perhaps 3 or 4 years later I was talking to an old friend of mine from high school whom shared lots of classes with me. Apparently she had just returned from a vacation over in Britain and was telling me about it. She said that she ran into a kind lady on the bus and they started talking and the lady asked where my friend was from, to which she replied, "Hanford" which is the town I grew up in and went to high school in. The lady immediately recognized this town and asked if she knew someone named Travis (my name) and of course she did. This lady on the bus turned out to be the mother of this friend I had made at camp 4 years previous!

Seemed to be a really strange coincidence that such people would run into each other half way across the planet, and both realize that they knew me of all people!
ha. fresno is better than hanford.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6840|San Francisco

Ender2309 wrote:

ha. fresno is better than hanford.
I would agree that certain parts of Fresno are better than Hanford, mostly the Northern parts... they have some very nice country clubs up there that I would play tennis tournaments at.

Though I made sure to get out of the Central Valley when I went to college because I really don't like Hanford that much, so attack it all you want.

Krauser98 wrote:

One time I was playing BF2 and all the sudden I died.  (Happens a lot.)  But then I saw that I was killed by tf-voodoochild.  I was like, "WHA!?  WHOA!" (That's about 90% of usual thoughts too.)  I then realized I somehow was playing against most the oldschool BF2S guys.  Not rl, but I think it counts.
Yeah, well, most of us old school BF2s guys live in the same apartment... (chuy, afro, shrtcww, and myself... and marconius lives across the street but plays here) so we tend to play in the same server a lot.
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6426
my aunt's half brother's son used to date Amanda Bynes

(i might have got that wrong but something like that)
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6444|Bradford UK
My dog just shat on the carpet, i took it to get put down, turns out the vet is my brother...well, now sister after a sex swap, man i fuckin loved that dog!
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6518|Milkystania, yurop
Our Icelandic neighbor is related to us far back in time (1790 or something like that)  then our families parted:P
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

This is kind of turned ino 'do you know someone famous' thread.
When I was much younger I was in a sailing club. I had an argument with a girl about my age, I can't remember what about.
Anyway I found out that girl was Anna Paquin, (actress, won an Oscar - Rogue from the X-Men movies.)

Sml world stories - well I guess the only on I had was whn I was in Ypres in Belgium. I wanted to practise my limited German, (even though it's Flemish in Belgium,) so went to a chocolate shop and ordered everything in German. When I was done the shop owner said "yeah, sure mate." He was a Kiwi.

My folks once were having a picnic in a field in France. A hot air baloon floated down and a man asked in poor French "Is this your field?" My Dad replied 'No' and the balloonist exclaimed in an accent 'oh you speak english!' My Dad mistook the accent for Australian and said "Yeah mate, I even speak Australian." "No need for that," he replied, "I'm a New Zealander." "So are we!"
They're still friends with this guy now.

NZ is a small country, so finding one of your countrymen so far away is an achievement.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6822|USA! USA! USA!
I would totally be friends with anyone who owns a hot air balloon, especially if he gave me rides to class.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Nah, he rented the balloon.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6403|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Ok, when i was 14, I went to sailing school in my town and met a girl from France. She had come down to Canada on a random trip and had signed up at the school to have something to do during the summer.
We became friends but she had to return to France at the end of summer for the start of the semester. She never came back to sailing school(I attented it until I was 17), so I thought that i would never see her again. Not so.

Four years later[which is now(I'm 18 btw)], I'm in university and it turns out that she's in my classes!  It just turned out that I sat down, looked at the door and saw her come in.

My reaction? How...the...fuck...is...this...real?

I am completely incapable of recalling what the hell the teacher said because I spent the class questioning the possibilty of this. Class ends, I approach her to confirm that I'm not dreaming(like I tend to do).

We now hang out regularly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard