Poll

Have you ever actually been fooled by one of those silly sniper suits?

Maybe once or twice when I was a bit tipsy.46%46% - 119
Of course not.42%42% - 107
All the time11%11% - 28
Total: 254
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6494

specops10-4 wrote:

There are a few places on wake island that are really good hiding spots.  Near the beach base there is a downed Zero, if you lay underneath one of the wings, its impossible to see the person.  But really the suits are only to make noobs become interested in the game by looking at silly suits .  No, really.
except that the first place that gets nade spammed, bombed, artied, etc.  the good hiding spots are known, and dont work.  ive seen people hiding in the middle of a field and noone shooting at them because they were so confused lol.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6369|Twyford, UK
Never KNOWINGLY. I mean, if I'm LOOKING for someone, I can usually spot someone wearing a bush from half a mile away. If I'm not actively looking for threats, the floor could be carpeted with them.

However, I tend to find them by looking for good hiding places, and by following the sound of *blam* 'Arrggh! Medic!' from the idiots who don't look up ladders before climbing.
Incredibly useful for finding friendly snipers, aspecially when on support. Small clip size and claymores aplenty mean tossing them a few ammo packs is good for a few team points, just as stray rounds mean tossing them medkits is.

However, I mostly play city maps, so a bush looks REALLY out of place sprinting through the desert, or creeping between buildings.

And when driving things I habitually flatten bushes, which proves an EXTREMELY efficient way of finding snipers. If the bush is or contains a sniper, he's dead.
basetballjones
+30|6773
depends...

High graphics/shadows allow the suit to help conceal snipers in the shady grass...

Low graphics/shadows allow them to blur into other objects of like colors.

Either way, if you have decent surround sound, you can spot a sniper with your ears before you ever see him.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6487|meh-land
I've had multiple tanks drive right past me on karkand because i was hiding in the potted plants.  I have done this as all player types, but it is especially satisfying when you're a sniper and you shoot someone who just ran past you 'WTHAX YOU HACKER!!11!'

if you can find a good spot, especially as a sniper, you can remain hidden until you get spotted by a UAV, scan, or lucky commander spot

what you ahve to remember is, USMC has lighter uniform, and is better for hiding among green shrubbery. 

MEC had a darker sniper uniform, so they are way better when hidden among urban items, such as boxes, dark walls, or on the side of cliffs...  when i say this i mean play on kubra dam as mec, get an L96, and climb down the cliff by the dam until you get on the darker side.  I know from personal experience that you are invisible here unless you move, or if someone catches muzzle flash.  It is ridiculous how effective it is
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6395|Pittsburgh, PA USA

basetballjones wrote:

depends...

High graphics/shadows allow the suit to help conceal snipers in the shady grass...

Either way, if you have decent surround sound, you can spot a sniper with your ears before you ever see him.
I know I've been duped a few times now since I got my new system, playing with everything maxed out does make them harder to see but like you said, with a good sound surround system you know exactly where that shot is coming from.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6423|6 feet under
not in the game no. but in real life once or twice
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6609|Hamburg / Germany

tahadar wrote:

on high graphics it works nearly every time if the sniper isnt moving and hes against something that has a similar color to his suit
word
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6363|Too late for you to know...

Sentences
Skorpy-chan
+127|6369|Twyford, UK

MagikTrik wrote:

basetballjones wrote:

depends...

I know I've been duped a few times now since I got my new system, playing with everything maxed out does make them harder to see but like you said, with a good sound surround system you know exactly where that shot is coming from.
Ordinarily, I would call bullshit on that, but I got the chance yesterday to borrow a friend's rig with full surround sound.
You can virtually hear him breathing with something like that.

After more hours, I have decided that the ghillie suit makes not the blindest bit of difference. If I spot him, I spot him. If I don't, I can't see him anyway and it makes no difference.

EDIT:
I'm all in favour of them, though. They give a false sense of security, leading to easier knifings.

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2007-01-22 13:21:20)

Thoruz
+42|6350|Germany
i think the suits can be useful the problem is imo the rifle and it's been already mentioned those snipers who are lying on top of a hill or something
i mean
you can act like a bush as much as you want but if i can see your rifle i will check if you are from my team and if you are not you'll have to eat some bullets

Last edited by Thoruz (2007-01-22 12:34:13)

AWSMsniper
+3|6334

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

nope, most snipers (99.999%) are idiots and hide ontop of a hill so you can see them agenst the sky. Easy pickings.
lot of snipers do that not because they are idiots, but it works. I play mostly sniper and most of the time, im on a hill, in a bush or grass. But, in maps like Karkan, people just focus too much in front that you can get many kills on pub servers. I go on roofs in maps like karkland only because the enemy troops dont kno. After I get killed once or twice, i give up. Depends on server. I wish there was a camo that was a huge box that made u look like a box on the roof tho....
LOL
Drexel
+43|6500|Philadelphia
The sniper suits don't really work well in the city maps.

"Hey look, there's a tree on top of that building"

"Cool, I love roof gardens in the desert"
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6395|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I was doing some tests just the other day about this kind of stuff actually (actually it was for fps but this was a close second). I know everyone already said so but with low graphics + 100% view you can see everything & everyone better, with everything maxed out you have to depend on the sniper screwing up (like the rifle toting bush in the desert) or on sound much, much more. I'd rather enjoy the graphics & get killed by someone I can't see every once in awhile then play on low & be able to see the snipers easier.

***Attention*** I think this is the very first time ever that I didn't have to fix anything in spell check, cookie for me please
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6680|The View From The Afternoon
When I snipe I look for bushes to lie in, so that my disguise will be even more effective. But when sniping from a rooftop, the suits tend to have an opposite effect. Looks pretty stupid if you ask me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard