Poll

Have you ever actually been fooled by one of those silly sniper suits?

Maybe once or twice when I was a bit tipsy.46%46% - 119
Of course not.42%42% - 107
All the time11%11% - 28
Total: 254
Bernadictus
+1,055|6761

I find it a bit odd to see a bush crawling through a dessert, so I usually drive the FAV over it, to kill the bush.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6543|Adelaide, South Australia

Bernadictus wrote:

I find it a bit odd to see a bush crawling through a dessert, so I usually drive the FAV over it, to kill the bush.

yeah, i'd hate a bush to be crawling in my ice-cream, too. but i have to say, i'd hate an FAV to crash trough my house to run it over.
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6744|Sweden
Well, china has some good camo on wake, and i got high graphic so they blend in. Can be hard to find unless they shout or shoot.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6561|Chicago
I agree partially with whoever said something like this already. He said that all kits should be allowed to turn ghillie on or off. I disagree. I think that the sniper kit alone should have the choice of going in with a standard uniform, or looking like a damn christmas tree. It would be better all over: People would blend in more in urban maps, and on vegetated maps (Daqing, Songhua, etc.) people may not be expecting a camo-ed sniper. Works totally to the benefit of the sniper.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6543|Adelaide, South Australia

RedTwizzler wrote:

I agree partially with whoever said something like this already. He said that all kits should be allowed to turn ghillie on or off. I disagree. I think that the sniper kit alone should have the choice of going in with a standard uniform, or looking like a damn christmas tree. It would be better all over: People would blend in more in urban maps, and on vegetated maps (Daqing, Songhua, etc.) people may not be expecting a camo-ed sniper. Works totally to the benefit of the sniper.
even if there was that choice, i'd still go in Ghille

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-12-07 04:59:01)

-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6581|Oslo, Norway
If anyone gets fooled by the sniper suit, they must be blind.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6743|Melbourne, Australia

Flex wrote:

The suits work better from far away, but I don't think they really fool anyone...unless you have shitty graphics and everything looks like a blurry bush.

And most people like to crawl around when they snipe so if you see a moving bush, shoot it!
yer if there far away conceled in a bush i cant realy notice em but when ingame you can look at an area an straight away find ur target as soon as he moves an inch... (or fires) i dno if its just me but i pick up on movement instently and muzzle flash... (even when im on the crane i no where im being hit from because i see muzzle flash from like a few hundred metres away)
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6464|A drop house
Maybe I can see myself getting fooled on a map like Operation Harvest in AF, because of all that tall dark green grass and overall dark surroundings. But i don’t see how it can fool you on any other map.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6589|Area 51

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

even if there was that choice, i'd still go in Ghille
They should give you the option to have different kinds of suits..like china suits you get more greenish suits and desert maps you get the sandy coloured suits..
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6816|Jupiter
One question, how would we know if we were fooled by a suit, cuase that means we didnt see the guy which also means we wouldnt know we were fooled by it int he first place XD. my .02
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6752|Honolulu, HI
I play on a Shitbox™ PC (formerly Compaq) and consequently my graphics are all set to Low, and even at those settings the ghillie suit still looks wildly out of place no matter where the sniper is hiding.  Generally if I see a moving wad of pubes I won't hesitate to unload a magazine into it.
Thr1lls33k4
+4|6375|Maastricht, Netherlands
i think the suits are f*cking hilarious...
they own because they make me laugh
and i think they dont really work better in bushes than other suits...maybe a little bit.
but if your in a right position somehwere in a bush theres no need for a better suit because they cant see where its coming from
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6418|The Gem Saloon
unfortunatly in the game they fail miserably....in real life though hell yes ghillie suits are the shit......active camo, as opposed to the passive camo like on BDU's...you want to break up your figure as much as possible.....paint the light parts of your face dark and the dark parts light.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6553|Belgium
Well.. i guess the suit usually doesnt work, but luckily a snipers success isnt all based on stealth alone
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6645|Gold coast, Aus.
Unfortunately, the seeing part of my body ( Eyes i think there called?) Are still in both sockets, so no.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6618|Iceland
only time they can fool me is on that Soguna Stelamte map cause its the only map that is the same color as the sniper suit.
keimtime
+18|6417|Nebraska, USA
Any sniper will tell you that the suit works and that people will run right by them.  Any other person will say that they don't work because they never saw the sniper sitting in a bush.....Of course they didn't see them, that is the point.  I am sure we all have ran by a sniper without seeing him and just didn't know it.  I am not meaning ran by as in they were two feet away but 50 yards or so.  One of the problems with being a sniper is finding a unique place to hide.  Eventually, after playing the same maps over and over, you are going to know where snipers tend to be.  Then it doesn't matter how good their camo is.  You are going to be hard-pressed to find a spot that nobody else knows about.  Plus you have commanders that actually do their job and spot them out on a map after doing a scan.  Again, no help from the suit there.
jugobeer
+18|6478
It's a trap!

How can i know?

Probably!
Turtle
+7|6781|Boulder, CO

gene_pool wrote:

Unfortunately, the seeing part of my body ( Eyes i think there called?) Are still in both sockets, so no.
A.K.A. Occulus Percepturous
used along with the brain A.K.A. Data Parser - a ghillie suit that is in your range of vision will be seen. When they are not seen the problem lies with one of the two components used in creating your reality. I have passed them by before, but they usually get cocky and try to do something like shoot at me and ruin their chance of surviving as a bushes best friend.
I have also seen alot of ppl pass me by while hiding in bush this way. Alot of the time you can tell when a commander is clueless or when he's spotting you by watching enemy troop movements. My rambo-esque style of gameplay doesn't allow for much of this tho. No patience.. unless I'm afk.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6483|behind my rifle
ive used it effctively many times before, like on kubra dam
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6363|Too late for you to know...

I've hidden in bushes on the Karkand entrance point where I was MEC and I had USMC guys continually running bye me to engage the rest of my guys.  Thank god no one ran forward with their crosshairs on the bush or else they'd see SARCISS in red letters.  Their commander didn't use UAV that close to their own side which made it possible too.  One enemy came looking for me after dieing 3 times but couldn't find me so that's even more proof it can work.

All in all the suit can work but there's alot of "depends on" scenarios.  Btw, don't have your rifle sticking 5 feet out the bush. " Enemy bush spotted!"   
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6352

I dont think the disguse of the black support guy is going to fool anybody...you KNOW that dude is gonna shoot you...

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-01-02 16:06:23)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6363|Too late for you to know...

Huh???
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6517|N. Ireland
How would you know? ...
J4ck.P0tt
dong-ma?
+8|6398|Berlin

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

nope, most snipers (99.999%) are idiots and hide ontop of a hill so you can see them agenst the sky. Easy pickings.
yup, especially those that return to one and the same spot again and again and again

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard