PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6511|montreal, quebec

whenever i join a server, it takes about 5min to load it. I can hear 4-5 times that dang music while loading the game and it seems its getting longer everytime i play. anyone has the same problem and know how to fix it, without re-installing the game.
dubbs
+105|6628|Lexington, KY
What are you computer specs?  I can almost bet that you hacve only 512Mbs of RAM.
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2

i actually have 2048MB of ram.

you here to help or bash on my computer's specs?
lt603668
+6|6358|northern cali
1 of ur ram sticks might not be pluged in all the way
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2

i doubt it, i didnt touch it for a couple of months. i'll try it anywya, who knows...
Abstinuous
+33|6427
it would have beeped or something

dude we need ur specs to assess the situation, but u can b lame if u want
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2

Processor:      Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory:     2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:     200 GB
Video Card:     RADEON 9800 PRO (Omega  Drivers 3.8.291)
Monitor:       LG 17"
Sound Card:    SB Audigy 2 Audio

for those who will say my computer is crap and it cant not run bf2, trust me, it runs it and fine, when it wants to.
Abstinuous
+33|6427
try deleting the profile, the battlefield 2 folder under my documents, defrag C:\ drive and where ever the game is installed then when u launch bf2 again and ur profile is reset u need to set the video settings again, do that and load a single player map, after it loads and everything is fine, try online
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6561|Area 51
Check if your HD is set to its fastest speed..had the same prob, my HD speed was set to ''PIO'' set it back to Ultra DMA Mode 5, and my loading times went from 8+ minutes back to 2 minutes
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2

Abstinuous wrote:

try deleting the profile, the battlefield 2 folder under my documents, defrag C:\ drive and where ever the game is installed then when u launch bf2 again and ur profile is reset u need to set the video settings again, do that and load a single player map, after it loads and everything is fine, try online
will i  have to re-build my keys config again?

RDMC(2) wrote:

Check if your HD is set to its fastest speed..had the same prob, my HD speed was set to ''PIO'' set it back to Ultra DMA Mode 5, and my loading times went from 8+ minutes back to 2 minutes
how i do that? in bios?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard