InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6433|Washington State, USA
I like the STG77 (AUG), its got a built in scope. Its a bullpup and its pretty egronomic, only problem is the heavy trigger pull but its very reliable. It has been proven to work even after a 10-ton truck drove over it, now thats reliability and it can also be converted to fire 9mm rounds if that is needed.

The An-94 Abakan is pretty awesome rifle but its the not the best, it is used by Russia's elite forces and its 2 round burst capability is extremely accurate and it fires those two rounds at 1800 rounds per minute (basically it sounds like single fire and is or even more accurate)
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6646|Ohio
Ak 47   
for the winzors!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
G36. Extremdly accurate, high rate of fire, light weight, rather reliable.

Much more reliable than M16A4 and L85A2 (though L85 is more accuratd), and it is also much more accurate than the more reliable AK-101. No doubt its the best rifle out there.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

M1 Grand, M24 & The AUSTYER F88

i know you said no sniper rifles but i couldn't leave it out
why do so any people say the M1 Garand? i hate that gun.

FG-42 ftw.
too many hours playing COD and MOH.  the M1 was innovative for it's time, but not 'the best'.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6423|California, US
like i posted earlier
for the top 10 its actually the AK-47
but personally, i think its the M16A2 or the Mauser 98K (KAR98K)
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

Reciprocity wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

FG-42 ftw.
too many hours playing COD and MOH.  the M1 was innovative for it's time, but not 'the best'.
Nah, it would've been the best, if the German engineers had time to iron out the wrinkles.

and you wouldn't have the StG-44/Mp-44 without it.

and without them, you wouldn't have the AK-47.
InfectiousShadow
M1 is one of my favorites but the unability to reload with expending the clip and the clip making a very loud "chink" sound just isnt good if you are in a middle of a fight as it is trouble some and it gives away your position
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.
In terms of all factors, the Ak-47 and you all know it.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

eagles1106 wrote:

quantity and proliferation doesn't make something 'the best'.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6460|behind my rifle

InfectiousShadow wrote:

M1 is one of my favorites but the unability to reload with expending the clip and the clip making a very loud "chink" sound just isnt good if you are in a middle of a fight as it is trouble some and it gives away your position
yes, marines used this to there advantage in the pacific, evertime a jap wouldhear the clink* they would pup up, so a mrine would drop a empty stripper, make the sound, then shoot him as he popped up
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA
OMG SOG_raider, CHange your sig, its disgraceful to anyone who reads it. its You're not forgotten NOT FUCKING YOUR. tard.
InfectiousShadow

11sog_raider wrote:

InfectiousShadow wrote:

yes, marines used this to there advantage in the pacific, evertime a jap wouldhear the clink* they would pup up, so a mrine would drop a empty stripper, make the sound, then shoot him as he popped up
oh i didnt know that
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6693|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

FG-42 ftw.
Which FG-42? The original one with the crappy grip or the newer version they came out with?
JE3146
+109|6572|Oregon

Reciprocity wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

I think you're forgetting the purpose of a rifle....

A) Quantity
B) Durability
C) Reliability
D) Accuracy
E) Cost
F) Ease of production
G) Ease of training
H) Round Capacity
I) Modularity
J) Weight

A stamped receiver 5.56x45 AK variant with a folding stock and siderail for mounting an optic is probably one of the finest examples of a rifle in all of history.... My only nitpicks... lack of a BHO, ambi safety, and a tricky mag catch...

Other than those.. please tell me where the AK I described fails to meet those standards...

Last edited by JE3146 (2006-12-05 18:50:35)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Asked my bud about this, he has experience in this.

AK-47
:  it's the most reliable, successful and the most produced hand rifle in the world.
:shoots a heavy bullet that shoots well in brush, which is why they were deadly in Nam
the thing with the AK was that you can have a short version with a breakaway stock.. and the fucking things won't jam... they fuck up your finger though, when you're going through rounds.

AR15/M16 jammed more often, and couldn't shoot through brush.. but had a longer distance and faster muzzle velocity.

M1 Garand was one of the best weapons ever made.
They're truely amazing.

If I had a choice though.. I'd pick an AR over an AK anytime.
AK is cheap made, fucking heavy and shoots like a pig.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6776
M14 has my vote.
JE3146
+109|6572|Oregon

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

G36. Extremdly accurate, high rate of fire, light weight, rather reliable.

Much more reliable than M16A4 and L85A2 (though L85 is more accuratd), and it is also much more accurate than the more reliable AK-101. No doubt its the best rifle out there.
Except for the fact it melts under sustainted fire...
Paragon
+2|6394
I'm a fan of the WW2 era weapons, my personal favorite being the German Mauser Kar98k. The MP44 is also one of my faves since it's the first assault rifle ever created & is the predecessor of the AK47.
JE3146
+109|6572|Oregon

Kmarion wrote:

If I had a choice though.. I'd pick an AR over an AK anytime.
I'd agree, but merely because I'm more proficient with an AR over an AK.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6460|behind my rifle

JE3146 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

I think you're forgetting the purpose of a rifle....

A) Quantity
B) Durability
C) Reliability
D) Accuracy
E) Cost
F) Ease of production
G) Ease of training
H) Round Capacity
I) Modularity
J) Weight

A stamped receiver 5.56x45 AK variant with a folding stock and siderail for mounting an optic is probably one of the finest examples of a rifle in all of history.... My only nitpicks... lack of a BHO, ambi safety, and a tricky mag catch...

Other than those.. please tell me where the AK I described fails to meet those standards...
i have no problem carrying a heavy weapon, i own a m1 ive used a m16, the heavier weight doesnt bother me. but yeah i like your A-J suggstions to know what to look for in a good rifle
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Naughty_Om wrote:

OMG SOG_raider, CHange your sig, its disgraceful to anyone who reads it. its You're not forgotten NOT FUCKING YOUR. tard.
Jesus Christ, chill the fuck out.  I don't see you remembering fallen troops in your sig.  At least he had a valorous intent.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

FG-42 ftw.
Which FG-42? The original one with the crappy grip or the newer version they came out with?
newer version, of course!
lessthangreene
+0|6444
Anyone mention the M14? much better than the M1 garand, just not as revolutionary for its time. which is why they made that joke of a rifle, the first m16.

dont feel like reading whole thread.

Last edited by lessthangreene (2006-12-05 19:48:44)

eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.

Reciprocity wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

At its peak and even now, it was very accurate and powerfull, plus the reliability.  Now add that to service and the production of the rifle.
doc. josh
+48|6546
BAR (browing automatic rifle) that or an ak-101 or the ak-47 or the l85a2 sa80 unless we are talking PDW or SMG then the p90 and mp9 win

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard