Azulmono55
+2|6470
Can anyone tell me what you have to do to get the grappaling hook badge? throw it or actualy climb up it
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6668|Teesside, UK

Azulmono55 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what you have to do to get the grappaling hook badge? throw it or actualy climb up it
Just throw i think.  In the past I've seen people stood throwing it then picking it up none stop.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6572|Hungary
Or you just:

1. Throw it down to them and u say "use it newbs"
2. U jump down (you also can die) and climb up again.
3. Use parachute jump and climb up again with them.

^^ All 3 are stupid ideas.Just writing funny/noob shit
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6649|South Jersey
Let's set the record straight:  To get on top of a building/ledge w/o a ladder..use a grappling hook(duh)

To get down to the ground without using a ladder from a rooftop/ledge, use a grappling hook.  The hook can either be dropped at your feet or thrown down to the ground.  A tangle of rope will be at your feet, but the hook will be on the ground, disobeying the laws of physics and staying there without pulling the rest of the rope down.  Ho, ho, ho it's magic...

Agreed with whoever said before that they are surprised how few players know this...
Brasso
+1,549|6644

Azulmono55 wrote:

Just find a secluded place and chuck it at the wall however many times you need to.  Chuck, pick up, chuck, pick up.  That's how I did it.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6543|Belgium
You shouldnt do it that way, the zipline/grapplehook badges are some of the fun 'suprise awards'. Made me smile when i got them unexpectedly.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6544|Boston, MA
How cool would it be if you could hook it onto an enemy heli, then climb up it and throw them out of the passenger seat?
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6543|Belgium
With the bf2 animations and fysics, i think it would look dumb.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6572|Hungary

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

How cool would it be if you could hook it onto an enemy heli, then climb up it and throw them out of the passenger seat?
Nice idea or if u could use GH for killing in close combat right mouse click and BANG u hit the guy with it
Same for engineer wrench and zipline -> HEADSHOT
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6598|England
YAY 100 karma from this topic!

Who ever game me the magic 100, come forth and thou shall be rewarded!
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6668|Teesside, UK

I always wanted to do something slightly similar..  Have a transport chopper hovering.  Fire a zip line through the middle and then zipline in to the heli.  probably would be very difficult to set up but would look great.
samfink
+31|6569
actaully, you probably could......... zipline up into the transport, and then press E.if youcan be on a boat w/oi being IN the bat, then you can be 'in' a trasnport without pressing E.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6543|Belgium

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

YAY 100 karma from this topic!

Who ever game me the magic 100, come forth and thou shall be rewarded!
I got my 100 here too
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6706|Calgary

iPoon.be wrote:

Whatever abseil means, i think you can.
Awesome just learned a new word today!! 

Last edited by Superslim (2007-01-12 16:02:51)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6668

Going on about what other people mentioned... I really really wish they would let you climb back down your rope. I'm sick of climbing a high building and getting shot at, so having to either climb up and make it to the top, if not die trying, or furiously press E in the hopes of letting go and then furiously pressing 9 in the hopes of my parachute opening so that the impact will not reduce my final bar of health from having already been shot to pieces a few seconds earlier while on the rope
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6716|Little Rock, Arkansas

iPoon.be wrote:

Whatever abseil means, i think you can.
here in the states, we free-fall rappell.

on belay

belay on

rappelling

rappel on
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6668

... I'm in the states and I use the word abseil
heh, probably cuz I've read a few climbing books written by Englishmen
~c4~cheppi
+29|6372|Forest Green
I find that if you press jump when abseiling, you fall off.
TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6654|Gainesville, FL

Cbass wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Cbass wrote:

U can go down your own line, just make sure it's touching the ground. I tryed it off the high ledge on Devils Perch and couldn't let go when i got to the bottom.
Use 'E' you'll drop down.
Tryed that, it didn't work. I was still off the ground the rope wasn't long enuf.
It's surprising how few people know this stuff.  Just hit spacebar and jump off the rope.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6359|Twyford, UK

Even better, use it to hook onto anything moving. Imagine a guy skating around behind a tank, or a chopper trailing a group of soldiers on hooks.

Imagine the dramatic flag assaults you could do with that and a pair of quadbikes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard