Megion
+0|6731
Greetings, few days ago i have pre-ordered and pre-downloaded a copy of Battlefield 2: Special Forces  by EA Downloader. Release date...
Every time i'm trying to install everything goes fine untill message "Prepairing to upgrade Battlefield 2 to version 1.1. This will.." appears, and few seconds later i receive "Patching Failed" error. I'm playin' BF2 since launch. When Version 1.01 came out i got the same problem (Patching Failed) and the same problem with 1.02 as well as 1.03 and recently 1.12. I was tryin' to clean up everything + reg etc, reinstall Windows many times (Home Edition) but... I could solve it only by some way described at EA customer Support/BF2s forums/PlanetBF - Start patching installation, get to your "Temp" directory, find some file called with numbers and letters, open it and copy "Patch Source Code" (or smth), past it into your Battlefield 2 directory 'n' double click on Patch.exe file.
Problem is that even if i'm following that method with patch 1.1 while installing "Special Forces" i can't solve it because i still receivin' Patching Failed error after updating BF2 to 1.1 (DOS method)
Probably there is any way to past through God damn 1.1 installation 'n' install directly Special Forces files.

P.S. I was searching 'regedit' for some usefull info and experienced that every time patch's attem. to install, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE a folder "My Company Name" is being created with folder "Battlefield 2 patch" in it - correctly "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ My Company Name/ Battlefield 2 patch/ 1.00.0000". That was pretty familiar for me so i've started searching.. and 2 minutes later found "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE/ DICE/ Battlefield 2(TM)/ 1.00.0000" next to "My Company Name" folder.
Seems like DICE/EA progs forgot to rename or something but can't say for sure.

Thats it, thank you.

Last edited by Megion (2005-11-24 21:53:14)

Jester.retseJ
+4|6727|Toronto, On
You may have to reinstall. If you continue to have trouble, EA has posted an update for the pre-download online patch which fixes some isses people have had.
emperorphoenix
+5|6771|Westeren Australia
always get the cd/dvd

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard