superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

This is the most ridiculous thing ever.  In case you don't know what this is, its basically when some guy comes bunny hopping towards you, drops an RDX (C4) and immediately blows it up obliterating you and your team mates while emerging relatively unscathed since friendly fire is off.  And all of this is possible on RANKED server!

This makes the C4 throwing exploit on BF2 mild by comparison.  You will win any close quarter combat (CQC) engagement with absolutely no skill necessary: get close to somebody with RDX in hand, left click, right click, left click -> BOOM everybody dead (except for you).  They don't even need to be that close to you to do it since the  RDX has pretty good blast radius.  And it seems everybody and their grandmothers are doing it now...

I know people like to play with FF off so that you don't get blown up by your own teams' claymores/mines etc, but for EA to allow this tactic (especially since it didn't work in BF2) is stupid and ruins the gameplay.

EA, you suck.

edit: check out Colony's video below: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p1026324 if you don't know what I am talking about.

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-12-04 05:27:30)

loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6505|Valhalla
I still find a way to blow myself up...

Last edited by loonitic (2006-12-04 03:19:11)

plastic_budgie
+114|6722|England : East Yorkshire
C4 throwing FTW !!!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6490|Adelaide, South Australia

superfly_cox wrote:

EA, you suck.
You mean to tell me that after all this time, after all the nerfs, 'fixes' (read 'fails') and the non-incremental 1.41, you only just noticed that EA/DIcE suck?

get with the times, bro
therealnicoli
+5|6648
This was happening on one of our servers, I got so annoyed with it that i turned ff on for the next round. TKs went through the roof and most ppl ended with a negative score.........ROFL

All the people that had previously been ranting about players with "no skill" left because they could not play bunny bunny boom anymore!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

therealnicoli wrote:

This was happening on one of our servers, I got so annoyed with it that i turned ff on for the next round. TKs went through the roof and most ppl ended with a negative score.........ROFL

All the people that had previously been ranting about players with "no skill" left because they could not play bunny bunny boom anymore!

best. revenge. ever.

+1 to you!
therealnicoli
+5|6648
Thnx I laughed SO much!
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6365|Belgium

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

EA, you suck.
You mean to tell me that after all this time, after all the nerfs, 'fixes' (read 'fails') and the non-incremental 1.41, you only just noticed that EA/DIcE suck?

get with the times, bro
why do you buy their gmes then and play them? If they weren't making games anymore you would start to miss them
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6501|UK
maybe you should shoot them first
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6626
Why wasn't this possible in BF2?  There's plenty of ranked servers with FF off.  That's how people c4 themselves ontop of otherwise unreachable roof tops.  So why couldn't they run into a group of enemies drop c4 and blow every one up except themselves.  I'll admit, I've never seen it but why couldn't it be done.  Regardless, I have to agree with <^|0B1ackhawk0|^>, you should shoot them before they get that close...or carry RDX in your kit so you can do it to them before they do it to you.
ColtsX
#baddie
+157|6517
I think i was one of the first people to make this popular:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1199081153
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

therealnicoli wrote:

BUNNY BUNNY BOOM!!!  I think you get a trademark for that

Doperwt. wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

EA, you suck.

get with the times, bro
why do you buy their gmes then and play them? If they weren't making games anymore you would start to miss them
i love the bf games and honestly $50 for a game that gives me 500 hours of gameplay is pretty damn good.  only problem is that they also do some things that make you want to rip your hair out.  its almost like a supermodel who has stinky breath...yeah she's still hot but couldn't she just brush more often or chew gun?  how BUNNY BUNNY BOOM!!! got through testing when it had already been fixed in BF2 is one of those instances.

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

maybe you should shoot them first
Sometimes I do manage to take em out, but the guns in 2142 don't have the stopping power that they did in bf2 so unless you get a headshot (which is hard when they're bunny bunny) they'll usually get close enough to take you out.  Also, its not like bunny bunny boom guys run at your from a distance.  You usually only have a couple of seconds to get them before they detonate and the range of RDX is pretty good.

MastersMom wrote:

Why wasn't this possible in BF2?  There's plenty of ranked servers with FF off.  That's how people c4 themselves ontop of otherwise unreachable roof tops.  So why couldn't they run into a group of enemies drop c4 and blow every one up except themselves.  I'll admit, I've never seen it but why couldn't it be done.  Regardless, I have to agree with <^|0B1ackhawk0|^>, you should shoot them before they get that close...or carry RDX in your kit so you can do it to them before they do it to you.
Even with ff off in bf2, you would still blow yourself up with c4.

Conclusion: BUNNY BUNNY BOOM!!! its a valid tactic as the game currently is and while it annoys me i can't blame anyone who uses it because its part of the game.  My point is that if I want to play Super Mario Brothers where you jump around and on top of turtles to kill them then I would play that, not BF!

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-12-04 04:20:01)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6708

Oh my. Stop crying. This is retarded.

Ever ventured down a ventilation shaft on the titan, only to run into a sentry drone + support, or the classic recon+rdx+apm. Adapt.

PS. If they come close enough to RDX you, you have done something wrong.
Sambuccashake
+126|6581|Sweden

Colony wrote:

I think i was one of the first people to make this popular:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 1199081153
That was an evil display of RDX use.
Evil.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-12-04 05:03:18)

Zukabazuka
+23|6656
I don't really understand why the FF off applies to you when its your own stuff you throw out. You should die because FF only affects friendly people not yourself. They could just change it to "invicible to RDX off or on"
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6440

EA has countered this "BUNNY BUNNY BOOM!!!" -tactic with massive glitches at using RDX...

Imagine, you are recon with RDX defending silo. Tank rolls up and you go plant RDX on it, then the tank notices you when you have run away already. You try to switch to detonator only to find out that it won't damn work. Then the tank blastes you to hell and you are pissed because your soldier was too retarded to take out the damn detonator. This has happened to me so many times...

I can't even imagine how someone could use that tactic, whenever I try to RDX anything it takes 3 trys to take the detonator out.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

Bernadictus wrote:

Ever ventured down a ventilation shaft on the titan, only to run into a sentry drone + support, or the classic recon+rdx+apm. Adapt.

don't see how a different point of view can be considered either crying or retarded.

look at the video posted above and you'll see that its an incredibly cheap and easy way to get kills.  didn't play much in the past week but this weekend the servers were full of people doing it.  its so simple and effective (yes i've tried it also) that pretty soon everybody is going to be doing this...gameplay down the drain.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6440

superfly_cox wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

don't see how a different point of view can be considered either crying or retarded.

look at the video posted above and you'll see that its an incredibly cheap and easy way to get kills.  didn't play much in the past week but this weekend the servers were full of people doing it.  its so simple and effective (yes i've tried it also) that pretty soon everybody is going to be doing this...gameplay down the drain.
Until EA gets next patch out nerfing RDX so you need to wait 10 seconds to blow it and if there's enemy infantry near it cannot be blown up.
arson
+99|6607|New York
Play FF on only. Problem solved.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6752

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

Until EA gets next patch out nerfing RDX so you need to wait 10 seconds to blow it and if there's enemy infantry near it cannot be blown up.
you don't even need to have something so drastic.  i don't mind them being to blow me up jihad style but they shouldn't live through it either.  its the invincible jihad that bothers me.  most people would stop using it if they actually blew themselves up in the process.

arson wrote:

yes but then APMs and Motion Mines will also blow your team up...many negative scores and even less people using engineer kit.  in bf2 you could play with ff off and still blow yourself up with c4.

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-12-04 05:26:00)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6440

arson wrote:

You are the guy with the maze sig... That's eeeevil!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

superfly_cox wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

superfly_cox wrote:

you don't even need to have something so drastic.  i don't mind them being to blow me up jihad style but they shouldn't live through it either.  its the invincible jihad that bothers me.  most people would stop using it if they actually blew themselves up in the process.
not if there's any more than two people. they'd make the points back instantly.

i sense a kill-trend coming on...
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6365|Belgium

I followed rundjee (aka Alpha) in a server today, All I saw him doing was bunnyhoppig and c4ing people. I just couldnt hit him:p. It is a tacktic so why don't usi t?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

Doperwt. wrote:

I followed rundjee (aka Alpha) in a server today, All I saw him doing was bunnyhoppig and c4ing people. I just couldnt hit him:p. It is a tacktic so why don't usi t?
heey I didn't do that all the time, but if the whole server is doing it then I'm not going to snipe ! thats all I have to say about it (was only 1 round) rest of the rounds I played support

anyway, its crazy but kinda looks funny

ps. almost knifed you erwt
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6359|Scotland
play with friendly fire on...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard