Poll

How likely is a world war in the next ten or so years?

Certain14%14% - 18
Highly likely9%9% - 12
Likely7%7% - 9
Possible28%28% - 35
Unlikely14%14% - 18
Highly unlikely12%12% - 15
It won't happen11%11% - 14
Total: 121
BVC
+325|6666
Vote, and discuss if you wish.  Please don't flame, go on about how you hate Europeans/Americans/Antarcticans, etc...
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6501|Sydney, in 1978
i can defieantly see china starting a war with the US i dont know why, i can just see it happeneing. (probably from all the wake island ive played)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Not going to happen. The conditions for what one might term a 'world war' just don't exist. For one it requires TWO massive military powers opposed to each other. It also requires one of the protagonists to be expansionist - which very few nations are these days in the traditional sense, preferring to engage in economic imperialism instead.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6617

Mongoose wrote:

i can defieantly see china starting a war with the US i dont know why, i can just see it happeneing. (probably from all the wake island ive played)
I don't think China would start a war with us. First, our economies rely heavily on each other's. Second, it would cause the apocalypse. If anything, I could see China on our side.

The only "world war" I can see happening is a full scale NATO + Israel vs the Middle East scenario.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-03 04:32:43)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6339|Netherlands

War over resources will most defiantly happen at some point. Resources are getting depleted faster and faster so it's only a matter of time before a disagreement will arise over them. Dunno if it will happen in the next 10 years but I'll tell you this, the minute the oil runs out all hell will break loose.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

I don't think China would start a war with us. First, our economies rely heavily on eachother's. Second, it would cause the apocolypse. If anything, I could see China on our side.

The only "world war" I can see happening is a NATO + Israel vs the Middle East scenario.
China already made battle plans to invade the base of okinawa and mainland USA. But China may have a revolution and communism would fall.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6617

TigerXtrm wrote:

War over resources will most defiantly happen at some point. Resources are getting depleted faster and faster so it's only a matter of time before a disagreement will arise over them. Dunno if it will happen in the next 10 years but I'll tell you this, the minute the oil runs out all hell will break loose.
When oil runs out we will be utilizing alternative energy sources. The technology exists, we just haven't implemented it yet.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

China vs. Taiwan = WW3?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6617

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

China already made battle plans to invade the base of okinawa and mainland USA. But China may have a revolution and communism would fall.
China does not have the capability to invade the mainland USA. The worst case scenario would be China initiating a preemptive nuclear strike on the U.S. and invading Taiwan. But that is an unlikely scenario because we would retaliate 10-fold.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-03 04:37:25)

Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6501|Sydney, in 1978
what about north and south korea?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6617

Mongoose wrote:

what about north and south korea?
That would be the world vs North Korea, not a world war.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

China does not have the capability to invade the mainland USA. The worst case scenario would be China initiating a preemptive nuclear strike on the U.S. and invading Taiwan. But that is an unlikely scenario because we would retaliate 10-fold.
I'm not saying they do, but they have plans for the future. I would see them invading Taiwan some time soon.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

I don't think China would start a war with us. First, our economies rely heavily on each other's. Second, it would cause the apocalypse. If anything, I could see China on our side.

The only "world war" I can see happening is a full scale NATO + Israel vs the Middle East scenario.
Europe would not support a war on the middle east allied with Israel. As such NATO vs. the Middle East is bullshit. A war for Israel would be political suicide for most European leaders. Getting Europeans to seriously engage (i.e., WW level) in anything other than a war of self-defense is fantasy.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-03 04:52:12)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

Europe would not support a war on the middle east allied with Israel. As such NATO vs. the Middle East is bullshit. A war for Israel would be political suicide for most European leaders.
Why? Because they hate the jews? Or is the muslim population now getting a higher stance in European politics?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6617

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

Europe would not support a war on the middle east allied with Israel. As such NATO vs. the Middle East is bullshit.
You wouldn't support such a war, but Europe would. We all understand that you hate Israel, but please don't turn this into another one of your Israel bashing threads. For a "world war" to happen as I mentioned, Iran would have to nuke Israel. That is what I meant in the context of this thread. That is the most likely "world war" scenario in the next ten years. That is also a war that NATO would be involved in full scale. If Israel initiates the war (i.e. bombing Iranian nuclear facilities), it would be a far more isolated conflict and not a world war. With Ahmadinejad in power, one of these two scenarios occurring is only a matter of time.

I know you love to hate Israel, but please don't be so sensitive and jump on the offensive whenever the word "Israel" is mentioned.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-03 04:54:58)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Mongoose wrote:

I don't think China would start a war with us. First, our economies rely heavily on eachother's. Second, it would cause the apocolypse. If anything, I could see China on our side.

The only "world war" I can see happening is a NATO + Israel vs the Middle East scenario.
There is more than one base on Okinawa: Kadena, Kinser, Courtney, Hansen, Schwaab, NTA, STA, plus several others. I beleive there is 11 total. China would get bitch slapped anyway. Maybe not in Oki, but in mainland USA they would have their asses handed to them.
Malloy must go
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6450|Sheffield-England
For some reason i think Europe will sooner or later go to war with america, i mean, think about it.... sooner or later the president or the prime minister are soon going to pass a stupid law or something that will spark something off.... Ok yeah i love americans! infact my dad's side of the family come from there but i think something is going to happen sooner or later.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

deeznutz1245 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

There is more than one base on Okinawa: Kadena, Kinser, Courtney, Hansen, Schwaab, NTA, STA, plus several others. I beleive there is 11 total. China would get bitch slapped anyway. Maybe not in Oki, but in mainland USA they would have their asses handed to them.
I know USA > China, I'm saying that China has battle plans. China will do what the soviets did, take advantage of the population they have. China right now has a shitload of Russian weapons technicians working there.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Europe would not support a war on the middle east allied with Israel. As such NATO vs. the Middle East is bullshit.
You wouldn't support such a war, but Europe would. We all understand that you hate Israel, but please don't turn this into another one of your Israel bashing threads. For a "world war" to happen as I mentioned, Iran would have to nuke Israel. That is what I meant in the context of this thread. That is the most likely "world war" scenario in the next ten years. That is also a war that NATO would be involved in full scale. If Israel initiates the war (i.e. bombing Iranian nuclear facilities), it would be a far more isolated conflict and not a world war. With Ahmadinejad in power, one of these two scenarios occurring is only a matter of time.

I know you love to hate Israel, but please don't be so sensitive and jump on the offensive whenever the word "Israel" is mentioned.
A poll conducted by the EU in 2003 suggested that 60% of Europeans believe Israel is the greatest threat to world peace. Also please read the rest of my post. The majority of the respective populaces of Ireland, the UK, France and several other European nations stand firmly behind Palestinian statehood and their cause. You NEVER see pro-Israel marches in Europe but you OFTEN see pro-Palestinian marches in Dublin, Rome, Paris, London, you name it. But I guess you know best given that you're an expert on Europe.

PS Iran isn't stupid - it would let Israel make the first move.

PPS USA and it's dependencies are the only nations who don't vote in favour of UN resolutions condemnatory of Israel (so whose side is Europe on???).

PPPS The gulf in culture and opinion between the US and Europe is widening day by day. NATO will eventually become politically paralysed as a result.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-03 05:07:30)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6617

CameronPoe wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

A poll conducted by the EU in 2003 suggested that 60% of Europeans believe Israel is the greatest threat to world peace. Also please read the rest of my post. The majority of the respective populaces of Ireland, the UK, France and several other European nations stand firmly behind Palestinian statehood and their cause. You NEVER see pro-Israel marches in Europe but you OFTEN see pro-Palestinian marches in Dublin, Rome, Paris, London, you name it. But I guess you know best given that you're an expert on Europe.

PS Iran isn't stupid - it would let Israel make the first move.
Again, please don't turn this thread into one of your anti-Israel rants. We get it. You hate Israel. Now back on topic. Europe would support a war alongside Israel, as I just previously outlined, if Iran nuked an Israeli city. Judging by many of Ahmadinejad's statements and threats regarding Israel combined with his intention to develop nuclear technology and weapons, this is a possible scenario. Likewise, if Israel all of the sudden nuked an Iranian or any other Middle Eastern city, NATO would fight against Israel. This is not a likely scenario. Regardless of whether or not Israel initiates a war (a non nuclear one) against Iran, NATO would support Israel if Iran retaliated with the use of nukes.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-03 05:08:40)

Mogura
+17|6333|EUROPE
well usa is powerfull, need resources, have expansionist politics,.... usa already started war on everybody else
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I don't think we will have one in the foreseeable future, sane people just wouldn't take the risk. Especially with nuclear weapons.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Again, please don't turn this thread into one of your anti-Israel rants. We get it. You hate Israel. Now back on topic. Europe would support a war alongside Israel, as I just previously outlined, if Iran nuked an Israeli city. Judging by many of Ahmadinejad's statements and threats regarding Israel combined with his intention to develop nuclear technology and weapons, this is a possible scenario. Likewise, if Israel all of the sudden nuked an Iranian or any other Middle Eastern city, NATO would fight against Israel. This is not a likely scenario. Regardless of whether or not Israel initiates a war (a non nuclear one), NATO would support Israel if Iran retaliated with the use of nukes.
You're the one who brought the fanciful notion of a European/NATO war for Israel into this. I hsave a right to respond. I edited my last post btw. I don't think you understand European sentiment wrt Israel - probably because you imagine Europe to be just like the US.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

NATO Charter wrote:

Article 5
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.
Attack on Israel does not warrant NATO involvement. Afghanistan was in response to the attacks on USA on 9/11.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6492|Istanbul-Turkey
possible. hope there will be no wars.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard