XBR-Bearclaw
+2|6470|Covina, CA
Anyone every seen this?

I was playing today on the Digital Anarchy 2142 server, I was climbing up a ladder to get a better shot at some guys who were capping the silo and while climbing up the ladder I got a ladder kill???  Anyone else seen this?  I was assault, map was Sidi Power Plant (Titan)

https://img176.imageshack.us/img176/574/ladderkbc4.jpg

BC
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6664
its happened once to me in my 1,000 hours of playing. it happened when i was a staff seargent in bf2.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6586

I've heard about it in BF2. 100% no idea how/why it happens though.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6584|Portland, OR, USA
maybe you set a claymore and you kill someone while you're going up a ladder?
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6670|UK
nope cant say i have, then i dont normally look at the top left, normally to busy getting killed
Brasso
+1,549|6645

CommieChipmunk wrote:

That's most probably the reason.  Same as when people have grappling hook/zipline kills.  They're going up/down the hook/zipline, and someone gets blown to hell by their claymore or AT mine.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
l41e
+677|6663

I've done that in BF2 on purpose. I saw it once from a forum member here, accidentally got it once but forgot to take a screen, then did it on purpose and took a screen.

Topic I made.
XBR-Bearclaw
+2|6470|Covina, CA

haffeysucks wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

That's most probably the reason.  Same as when people have grappling hook/zipline kills.  They're going up/down the hook/zipline, and someone gets blown to hell by their claymore or AT mine.
I was playing assault.  No claymores, or anything like that.  I don't usually play sniper.

BC
Janysc
+59|6698|Norway
My theory: sometimes, if a claymore's been laying around for a while, a kill with it will end up with a [killed] at the ticker. The kill is not registred to any weapon. Now! If you're on a ladder and you get a kill like this, the kill transmits to the ladder.

If that made sense.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6403|New York
not that, but something similar happened to me. at berlin, a guy jumped off one of the second story balconies and landed on me, and killed me. it was crazy, ive never seen that before.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
XBR-Bearclaw
+2|6470|Covina, CA

Janysc wrote:

My theory: sometimes, if a claymore's been laying around for a while, a kill with it will end up with a [killed] at the ticker. The kill is not registred to any weapon. Now! If you're on a ladder and you get a kill like this, the kill transmits to the ladder.

If that made sense.
It made sense, but I'm sure I had no claymores around.  Maybe the guy was following me up the ladder and I farted???  I've seen some a lot of [Killed] and other weird kills, but [Ladder] is definitely a winner for strangest kill...

BC
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6541|Singapore
nope...someone pushed the ladder away...medieval siege style
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6448
2142... they probly have friggin' jetpacks or rocket thingys in stead of ladders
MrEzeuss
+26|6405|Nethterlands (ZH)

Fireteam_Delta wrote:

2142... they probly have friggin' jetpacks or rocket thingys in stead of ladders
Yup, and in the 1930's they believed we would all have flying cars in the year 2000. All we actually got was hysterical over a Y2K bug.
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6472|UK
Yeh ladder is the weirdest thing ive heard of. A death of mine, which isnt so strange and can be understandable, is by someone's parachute. We were jumpin off the bk of the enemy titan as it exploded, he was fallin directly below and deployed his parachute like a few seconds after we'd jumped, the parachute opened rite as i was on top of him. Jus said i was [Killed], still i was like "wtf". But like i sed its understandable.
Zefar
+116|6664|Sweden

Fireteam_Delta wrote:

There are still loads of ladders in BF2142, more than BF2 ever had actually which makes city battles way better. Makes actually sense now that you can get up here and there instead of being stuch on the ground.

But I got an idea.

In BF2 you could slide down the ladder pretty quick, maybe you can do the same thing in BF2142(Havn't tried) and maybe you slide over someone at that moment.
Also there are no Jetpacks in BF2142.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6730|MoVal, Southern California
wow, a ladder kill! nice nice. Pretty weird and embarrassing for the person that you killed. I have no idea how that happened to you though.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6790|EUR
Sliding down on one when someone is standing at the bottom I believe.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker
I was knifed right after I got off a ladder by a guy standing on the ground.  Explain that one.  He just swung his knife at the ladder and I died.
XBR-Bearclaw
+2|6470|Covina, CA

MuseSeeker wrote:

Sliding down sounds good to me, except that I was climbing <UP> the ladder...

Just a weird kill I guess.

BC
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6541|Singapore

MuseSeeker wrote:

that would be some serious 1-time-teabagging...and a sore scrotum
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

Meh - got that before on single player. Were you commander at the time?
XBR-Bearclaw
+2|6470|Covina, CA

Konfusion0 wrote:

Meh - got that before on single player. Were you commander at the time?
Nope... 

BC
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6636|Gold coast, Aus.

MuseSeeker wrote:

Wouldn't work. Whilst on a ladder your not a solid object. you would slip through the person. When you hit the gorund you get off the ladder the person would glitch around with you (try spriting into friendlies backs, you bump about) and then he would most likely shoot you in the face.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6660|Malibu

gene_pool wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

Wouldn't work. Whilst on a ladder your not a solid object. you would slip through the person. When you hit the gorund you get off the ladder the person would glitch around with you (try spriting into friendlies backs, you bump about) and then he would most likely shoot you in the face.
BTW I had been teamkilled once by my teammate sliding down on me when I was just about to reach the ladder.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard