Betrayal
+4|6803|Florida
What do you guys think is the best map for gettng ground defense badges/ribbon?

Last edited by Betrayal (2006-12-02 16:43:34)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6545|dunno
sharqi sit at the front as usmc on left side kill the apc's and transports.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6583|British Columbia, Canada
Sit in a Ground Defense as commander in Karkand.

Arty people.

Arty Kills count towards Ground Defense Ribbons/badges when your sitting in one.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6611|Reisterstown, MD

Any map that has a TOW or LMG.  And then just do what Lt. Victim said.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6389|Netherlands

I thought they fixed that in the 1.4 patch?

Tiger
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6611|Reisterstown, MD

TigerXtrm wrote:

Tiger
Fixed what?  Arty from a LMG or TOW?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6712|Calgary

TigerXtrm wrote:

Tiger
Nope, still counts
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6520|so randum
i got mine on warlord, shootin jihaders, and using arty on tv stat- 5 snipers every time
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ReTox
+100|6519|State of RETOXification
Use the mounted MG in IO mode, 20 kills is easy for the expert badge.  I got mine before IO mode but the mounted MG's can do it easily.  Just don't spam an area, controlled bursts of rounds at a target will get the job done.

When I did my weapons training I was always told to burst fire for as long as it takes to say "motherfucker".  Usually 3 to 5 rounds.  The main reason for this is to reduce barrel heat but another reason is re-acquiring your target.  Anyone who has fired a 30cal while prone at night/dusk knows you lose your target from the muzzle flash. 

Now in BF2 that is no real problem, but the deviation and climb of the MG's in code is.  Burst fire will allow you to maintain a hit-box lock (provided you cross hair the sucker) because when you stop firing the deviation amount in code is reset to the first bullet's default value.  When you resume fire it's as if you fired your first shot at the target which is usually dead on.  That is why the burst mode on the G36E and the MG36 owns.  This tactic on the more powerful mounted MG's owns big time!

Edited for spelling.

Last edited by ReTox (2006-12-02 17:40:17)

Betrayal
+4|6803|Florida
bump!2##$$$%%^A&
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6769|Mark it zero.
using a TOW on sharqi is by far the easiest way, especially if you or USMC.
Inimicus_7
+26|6382|England, UK

LT.Victim wrote:

Arty people.

Arty Kills count towards Ground Defense Ribbons/badges when your sitting in one.
= Way to get expert.

Was way easier on old IO servers.
Like 2 Arty strikes and you had it.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6386
To get ground defence badges/ribbons you dont actually even need to fire it once. Go commander and sit in the ground defence the whole round, using artillery to get the kills. It works, thats how I got it.
AK5489
+16|6528|US

LT.Victim wrote:

Arty people.

whats the point of that?
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6761|Clinton, MD, USA
64 player Karkand. Square. 'Nuff said.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6705|United States of America
I got Vet and Expert on Ghost Town whilst I was Spetsnaz commander. Use artillery while sitting on the HJ-8 and dominating any tank/chopper that comes in your sight.
ScarletPimpFromHell
... this one goes to 11.
+12|6409|Sydney, Australia
I dunno, going commander and arty whoring in a GD defeats the purpose of the award IMO.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6442|California, US
Jump on the TOW or RPK below the Gatehouse if ur enemy is all going across the bridge (thats how i got my expert)
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6513|Land of Cotton
My two suggestions:

Warlord at the palace. Works real well if the flags are at one for each side. Thats how I got basic. I was on the third floor shooting into the second floor.

Jalalabad at the tunnel facing the tall hotel (?). That tunnel/arch was a feeding ground for warm bodies. I got my Vet one there. And if you're quick you can watch for some at the sides of the building and hop on and off the gun. Oh and its best if the flag is capped by the opposing team. Then they will run right in front of you in the tunnel.

Best of luck!
ethrion
+25|6414|Hong Kong @ the moment
Apologies for the bump but i didnt see the point in creating a whole new thread. Does this commander sitting in a mounted MG and getting artillery kills also work for the Veteran AA badge if you sit in the Essex or on an AA gun somewhere?
dk_jens
+1|6282
Yes - any thing you sit in as a commander the people you arty will count as kills from that vehicle/ground defence - but I will say you may not be popular as a commander if you sit in the tank and not use it for what a tank meant to be use for - running over teammates
ethrion
+25|6414|Hong Kong @ the moment

dk_jens wrote:

Yes - any thing you sit in as a commander the people you arty will count as kills from that vehicle/ground defence - but I will say you may not be popular as a commander if you sit in the tank and not use it for what a tank meant to be use for - running over teammates
Oh too right no I would never do that. I prefer to get the kills the proper way. Might make it a lot harder and take a lot longer but if it says, for example, 20 kills as Assault, then I try to get them with the assault rifle and not in a tank or a plane.

Was just checking really, thought it might have been fixed in the latest patch...
unmountable
+6|6536|Berlin, Germany

ethrion wrote:

I prefer to get the kills the proper way. Might make it a lot harder and take a lot longer but if it says, for example, 20 kills as Assault, then I try to get them with the assault rifle and not in a tank or a plane.
I've done that for my veteran badges, but I know I'm gonna use a chopper for my 44 spec-ops kills to gain the expert badge. Unfortunatly my designated pilot is drunk almost every evening, when I'm trying get those kills. So he's crashing the damn helicopter into every tree or building on the map...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6642|Gold coast, Aus.

Betrayal wrote:

bump!2##$$$%%^A&
Why bump? Like 6 people answered your question
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6672|The Netherlands
ghost town on the sas team with commander
sas can shot the helo with the tow on the heli pad very cool
i can shoot with spetz the chopper to but you need some skills for that