usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

I don't know if it is a patch problem or a special forces problem, but when I play SF my game will randomly crash to desktop with no error message.  It did not happen before the patch or loading SF, so I am very confused.  It usually seems to crash when I finish a round and then move on to a new map to begin the next round.  Anyone else have this issue?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6742|The United Center
yep.  its always happened to me though.  its a shame because when i quit normally, it takes about 30 seconds to clear my RAM...i wish it had a crash feature where i could auto-crash the game when i wanted.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

LOL......I know man, shutting down the game takes forever.  In the "old" BF2, I did have a crash problem, but not as bad or as often as I do now in SF.
minispud
+4|6733
Yeah, I hate it 'cuz it always happens right when I get the other guy in my sights.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

I figured it wasn't just me, but I just wanted to confirm that and see if there are any fixes or suggestions.
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6826|Denmark
I crash only when I try to load a SF map.
Right when I can "join" the map - My game crashes to desktop.....

(I havent tried SF yet - but have crashed at least 15 times )
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

Exactly what happens to me.  There has to be some reason for that crap.
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6826|Denmark
So anyone know what to do about it???
I can play Single Player - but not Multi Player
Jester.retseJ
+4|6727|Toronto, On
I had some problems like this and this is what i tried: First i turned down my audio settings from high to medium.

Then I deleted everything in the following cache folders:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\cache\
My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\
My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack\cache\

Restarted the game. When you go to join a game it will redo the optimizations shaders/textures/etc. but it seems to work.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard