[2MC]Golarin
+6|6561
I wrote this for my clan mainly but figured that you all may want to see it. Most of the stuff is stated in previous posts about the individual kits. This is mainly for the squad leaders and the people that actually play with the same crew.

This is just something that I have found reaps me the most points. Granted my score doesn’t always reflect that, but I have figured out a way to reap the most from them.

1.   Always follow the orders of the squad leaders and commanders. When you follow the orders you get bonus points for being the squad member radius.(not sure exactly how many points.)
              2.  When Capping a flag, Make sure that you stay on the outer edges of the cap radius. This way you cannot have your entire squad killed with a single grenade.
              3.  The different classes have different abilities. Use them.
                    a.     Recon-
                          i.    Explosives: These are the best for the recon class because you get points for blowing the “strategic objects”
                         ii.    APM Mines: perfect for covering your flank. Tops of ladders and stairwells are the best  places for these.
                   b.    Assault-
                         i.    Medic: The defibrillator is the best part of this. It does not rob the other players of the kill, as commonly believed, because I have still gotten my kill points when the enemy has been revived. More importantly it allows you as the medic to bring in “instantaneous” reinforcements.
                   c.    Engineer-
                         i.    Pilum HAVR- Though this “rifle” has very limited ammo, it is very powerful. Couple this with support class and you will never run out of ammo. This rifle is good for killing the turrets on the titans.
                   d.    Support-
                         i.    Sentry gun: Set this up at a choke point and watch the points roll in. You can also set this on the entry points to the Titan and get bonus points by defending the titan. Inversely set this at the opening of corridors the defenders are sure to come through and get titan attack points.
                        ii.    Make sure you throw down those support packs.
              4.  Squad Leaders
                  a.    Always issue orders. I cannot stress this enough. If you issue orders to your squad, you get squad leader success points if they follow the orders.
                  b.    Squad Leader Beacon. Find a nice secluded place away from the main traffic, but near the flag you want to take, and drop it. Every time someone spawns in on it you get a success point.
                  c.    Take the Flag!  When you are away from the SLB your squad can still spawn on you. If you are near a flag and are taking it you get the main capture points, while the other members of the squad will all get cap assists.
                  d.    Define your roles: If you have a regular squad you play with all the time, let the members define their roles. If you have too many of any one class you are useless. Vary the roles every now and then too.
                  e.    Practice the trifecta. Squad leaders should play a class and you should always have Medic and support with you. That way you never run out of ammo and you always have a healer. The medic should hang back a little bit and let the support or additional recon/assault to take the brunt of land mines or sentry guns. Then the medic can come in and get a revive score after the other members of the squad take out the threat.
                  f.     Move as a squad. A squad is a cohesive unit that works well TOGETHER. Stagger your formation a bit so you are not easy fodder to a grenade (Grenada!) But importantly, stay close enough to your squad mates so you can provide them covering fire and support. When you corner a building, stack spread out on the wall, then one at a cross the gap while the other squad members support you. When you get to the other wall watch the corner away from you.

|________________________|
                             X -->    watch this direction.

Then the next squad member moves to you, You continue watching your corner. The second member turns and watches the close corner

This way you have complete coverage while you are moving your squad.

Last edited by [2MC]Golarin (2006-12-01 10:49:15)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6763|the middle of nowhere
You might want to clean that up. It's kind of hard to read because it's scrunched together.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6428|Norway | Unkown
owned or order...

Clean up, then i will read it
MrEzeuss
+26|6402|Nethterlands (ZH)
Nice piece of writing. Some things are to obvious to mention, but noone seems to do them during the game. So an extra reminder is never a bad thing.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6532
The best way to point whore is to drive the FAV around as support and cap flags/drop ammo on them.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6554|Sammamish, WA
It's all about titan destructor pins and squad orders + defense pins + camping the top of the titan.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-12-01 12:40:49)

Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6571

JdeFalconr wrote:

I feel used and insulted at in-game ads in BF2142. They won't benefit players at all and we're forced to see them in a game we'll have already paid $50 to play. If you feel similarly, let EA know you don't like to be treated like a tool.
I realize that's your sig. However the only tool around here would be you. 1) Many games are now using this type of ad delivery system, get used to it 2) It costs EA money to host servers, maintain stat server, enforce ROE, etc. If you'd prefer to shell out $10-$20 a month PLUS cost of game like some other companies do...Feel free. I'll take the odd ad over pay per month anyday.

It's not like the bloody things are popping up in front of your gameplay.

Last edited by Jo Barf Creepy (2006-12-01 23:03:42)

[2MC]Golarin
+6|6561
nice way to hijack the post Jo Barf... JDE and Mouse, Thanks, I have been mainly concentrating on conquest. When I write something up more titanesque Ill throw that stuff in there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard