reefl3x
+72|6417|United States
This post has a few parts..so lets get started.

- Why do BF2 servers contain so much hostility? You kill a guy & he's all over you with words I wouldn't even think of using. You get a couple nice 1 shot kills and all of a sudden it's "How much do you pay monthly to play BF2?". Every other word in global chat has to do with someones mother or sister. Its really disgusting.

But why do you care?

Its the atmosphere. Hostility in-game creates a bad atmosphere which in turn = a bad gaming experience as the global chat (instead of being used correctly) turns into a war of the words. You try playing on a server with hostile players, then join a nice server with calm and relaxed players just looking to enjoy the game...you'll end up spending all day in it, believe me I have. Nothing like a nice server.

VOIP is even worse. I turned it on a few days ago just to see how its going, and I join a squad of about 4 players and all I hear is some guy screaming & yelling about how hes going to hang himself from his ceiling with his mouse wire if he dies again....then another guys goes on a rant about claymores.
-----
2nd Part-

I may be flamed immensely for this, but it's something I must say, as i've been noticing this more & more in servers.

Bunny hopping...

I'm all for it, hell I do it, but there are times when players go overboard with it. They spend more time jumping in circles than they do actually firing there weapon. I've shot at a guy and hit him 1-2 times only to see him jump up and start hopping in circles...literally in circles. Mean while i'm nice & comfortable prone firing my ak-101 at him...and he dies...I mean whats the point. if you can aim well then just prone and have a shoot out, if you kill me good for you, nice shooting...but believe me when you die jumping in circles you look stupid.

It can be a valid tactic in some sitautions. For instance many men are firing at you or a tank or APC is looking to kill you. Bunny hop your ass of, im all for it. But its lame when you put 1 shot into a guy and all of a sudden hes jumping jack flash on the move.

If you can shoot (like alot of players seem to enjoy boasting about in global chat) then show it. prone & fire back, best shooter wins.

So dont take this the wrong way, I bunny hop, but I keep it to the point where its actually "neccasary". I can rely on my aiming alone to kill a guy, I dont need to hop around.

Last edited by reefl3x (2006-11-30 22:30:50)

Audio
+130|6547|Orlando, FL
O rly?
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6546|Sydney, in 1978
i want a green carrot
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6576|Southampton, UK

Audio wrote:

O rly?
Ya Rly!
Spiers.ckz
+10|6544
Agreed ... no one likes the guys that feels the need to call you all kinds of names just because you killed them, or actiing like retards on VOIP, instead of using it for shourt consice messages.

I agree with the bunnyhopping section too, i use it pretty much like you do.

+1 for trying to better the tone of the servers.
Reciprocity
+721|6596|the dank(super) side of Oregon
so you're a bunny hopping medic whore?  neat-o. 

Edit:and all he plays is Karkand.  no wonder all your player interactions are shit.  Kark junkies are the worst douche bags in the game.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2006-11-30 23:56:38)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6586|USA
dude...what the FUCK servers do you play on?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Ignore it, it's really not that hard.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6839|St. Louis, MO
When your playing against or with random assholes from all over the globe you tend to run into many weird ass people.Many of which are kids who curse people out just because it's the only place they can.If they get that annoying you can mute them from you VIOP.Works for me anyway.

Last edited by YoBabysDaddy (2006-12-01 00:56:38)

turkeybacon
+50|6461|Dragon Valley

Reciprocity wrote:

so you're a bunny hopping medic whore?  neat-o. 

Edit:and all he plays is Karkand.  no wonder all your player interactions are shit.  Kark junkies are the worst douche bags in the game.
rofl so true

not alot of douchebags on dragon valley
Reciprocity
+721|6596|the dank(super) side of Oregon

turkeybacon wrote:

rofl so true

not alot of douchebags on dragon valley
yep, my favorite is Kubra, not too many shit bags.  Dragon is my second or third most played.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6731
I just wish i could meet some of the asshats that give you shit ingame in real life... they probably wouldnt have much to say then... lol
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6680|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yeah, play on some Aussie servers... Not nearly as bad as what you described. Things can get pretty shit on some of the GA ones though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6671|The View From The Afternoon
I dont care about chatting, but whenever a player calls me an asshat or something, I tend to reply. Thats all. I dont start any argument. And knowing when to shut up is crucial, the last time I was in an argument I just ignored his rant on "[BF2s] is a hacker & cheater clan" and minutes later he was banned by an admin for language. I win.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6606|Reisterstown, MD

Reciprocity wrote:

Kark junkies are the worst douche bags in the game.
So, you like to bash people who play on a certain map?  Wow.  Aren't you the 1337est.....
Master*
Banned
+416|6510|United States

killer21 wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Kark junkies are the worst douche bags in the game.
So, you like to bash people who play on a certain map?  Wow.  Aren't you the 1337est.....
but karkand is where most of the noobs drain into after being pwned on all the other maps
(WC)KtheC
+9|6726
I try to keep my bunny hopping to only when I am reloading in a fight.  Once reloaded either I am dead or I at least have a chance of killing my opponent.
lynxlyran
+15|6659
I don't care whats going on on global chat, I never read it.

Your problem is just immature kids. Don't play Karkand, thats where you find most of them.

Around 11pm (when the kids finally go to bed) and later are the best times to play. Thats when you get awesome teamwork and squads. Smacktard free gaming is da' bomb!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard